Game starts downloading

Ok…since the latest patch i am getting a strange behavior. Every time i lunch the battle.net app, my HOTS game starts downloading…the whole freakin’ 13+ Gb…it downloaded 13 Gb yesterday, the day before…even today when i start the app the game starts downloading itself…what is going on ? I play this game since beta and never had this issue before.

Hey Traian,

Can you check the default installation directory of Heroes of the Storm for me?

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

1 Like

By checking you mean? It is on my D drive, separate to the C operating one

If will be better for you if you move Heroes of the Storm to the default directory in C Drive

Also

This post is talking about where the Battlenet application tries to install your game to

In my case the default location is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\

Found by going into Settings and then Game Install/Update in the Battlenet Application

If you require a visual step by step of how to do this please let me know

Thanks for the input. However, i rather keep HOTS into D as i don’t want to allocate space from C which is my operating system partition. Like i said i’ve been playing HOTS since beta and it always on D. Since the latest update i’m having this issue. I play the game…i sign out of battlenet, and when i relogin 30 seconds later game starts downloading again. So in my opinion it’s got something to do with the latest update. If i rather keep HOTS on C than why do you ask in the install options where to install my game. This is not a resolution of the issue in my opinion, me being forced to migrate HOTS to C, but rather you finding and correcting the bug…just saying…

1 Like

The problem is that regardless of where you keep the game

Your C Drive will always be written to and read from while playing

Yes…for almost 3 years now i have not encountered this issue not even once…until the latest update. Look, i don’t usually post stuff, but since i am an avid HOTS player and because i love this game i thought i contribute to the community by reporting a bug i see. Whether you will decide to take action or not it is up to you. I did my part.

And I like to think that I am doing my part too by helping a fellow lover of the game

I do not work with or for the people who made this game so I could not take any action even if I wanted to

Same problem , everyday new install starts. What is this and where is SUPPORT?

Official support already gave an answer:

And I have elaborated further on how to do that:

We cannot help those who refuse to help themselves

So first go and do what Nenyasqi says and then complain afterwards

i know how to check install folder and did it but how is that an answer to the question? its C:\Program Files (x86)… standard folder. Checking doesnt do anything, i dont know what to do. with every blizzard app start it starts a new install of 13 gb

Finally…i knew it’s impossible this issue would be only with me…playing for 3 years now and never had this issue.
I’m still amazed there are only 2 complaining so far…for sure there must be more but probably that i did not pick a good title to the post.
100% they screwed up something with the latest update.
But it’s easier to put the user to investigate rather than the dev team.

Well where is your game installed?

Mine is located at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm

And is 17.4 Gigabytes in size

While I agree with this statement

If this issue is only happening for some and not all

Then clearly the error is more at the user’s end rather than the developers

C:\Program Files (x86)\blizzard app \ battle.net 1266\heroes of the storm

Hey ArcticFox

Try completely deleting Heroes of the Storm and the Battlenet Application

Then reinstall them both in their default locations

Completely reinstall HOTS…you can put it wherever you want…i reinstalled just HOTS to D and this worked for me.
On a side note, i want to add that i did not perform any modification to my game/app that led to this issue…it is entirely you Blizzard, that through app/game updates, performed modifications and led to this behavior.

While this is completely true this is not something you should vilify them for

They are human

They can make mistakes

Meh…new battlenet app update…same old story…game re-downloads itself every time i log in into the app. Like the game was never there before.
After reinstalling HOTS about 20 days ago (and yes to D not to C partition) i played for 2 weeks without this issue.
But as of today…new update…same old issue again.
Downloading 13+ Gb every time i log into the battlenet app.
And you want me to investigate my installation directory? …come on…

1 Like