GPU at 100% for no reason

Hello,
this is my first post ever here so please bear with me.
I have been having issues with HOTS, where at random my sound stops and after a few seconds the game freezes, my GPU jumps to 100% and I need to restart PC to fix it. While GPU is at 100% no process is responsible for it (according to Task manager), it just happens to be at 100%. Once I open the GPU tab in manager I can see that “3D” and “Copy” are at maximum.
This GPU thing happens only when playing hots. I have played many games without any issues.
PC: 16GB ram, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6core (3,60GHZ) and GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
All drivers are up to date. Happens in both Fullscreen and Windowed mode.
As for game settings everything should be in order according to GeForce Experience - running recommended settings. This also happens after disabling Reverb as I suspected sound could be somehow involved but I ran out of ideas pretty quickly.
If you need more information just ask and guide me in case you need some software analysis via other programs.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Try limiting the maximum framerate

Heroes of the Storm
In the Blizzard Battlenet desktop app, select Settings from the Blizzard Logo dropdown.
Select Game Settings.
Check Additional command line arguements for Heroes of the Storm.
Enter -frameratecap=58 -frameratecapglue=58 (These are my settings)
Click Done.

As my display refresh rate is 60 Hertz I have limited my framerate to something that is a bit below 60 which is 58 frames per second

This has helped run the game very smoothly compared to how it was before and I haven’t noticed any unreasonable taxation on my GPU