HOTS (and all other games) extremely laggy suddenly

A few months ago suddenly all blizzard games opened to a black screen, I could hear sound, even intro video’s, but no games. After a full system reinstallation things started working again.
Now, almost three months, suddenly all games open with incredible lag. The hero selection screen of HOTS takes about 30 seconds to navigate. Participating in a match is impossible. Updating video drivers doesn’t work.
All games tried (both Blizzard and Steam) give similar problems.

It is possible that you have a virus or malware in your computer slowing things down

Hey Hema,

Let’s start by going through the steps listed in the Connection Troubleshooting Support Article, and take it from there. Please go through all the steps listed thoroughly before retesting.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

I did ran several scanners, repeatedly, nothing came up.

@Nenyasqi
Thank you for your reply. I went through the steps to no avail. It doesn’t appear to be connected to my internet connection, as offline games appear to have the same issue.

1 Like

Download Windows 7 64-bit Drivers for your computer and keep them on a CD or USB Drive

Format your C Drive

Install Windows 7 64-bit to that same C Drive

And please try doing the steps listed here as well afterwards

I got impatient and did another system refresh. Hope it solves the problem for longer than 2 months this time

Please explain what this “system refresh” is exactly

Settings > PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery > Refresh your PC without affecting your files

And which Operating System was this on?

Windows 8
is this the inquisition?

No

If you want that it can be found here as the W ability

I highly advise you install Windows 7 64-bit Edition as Windows 8 and 10 can be quite faulty

It was most likely a secret Windows Update that caused your issue in the first place

You have more control over what happens on your computer with Windows 7