HoTs says install, even if its already installed

In my attempt to find a fix i deleted hots and i tried to uninstall battlenet and the following happened (keep in mind i tried already all the steps in the error links):

and when i tried to unistall the battlenet app i get this:

ANy help will be appreciated I would rather avoid doing a format just for this…

why you uninstal game ???https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTAGT00000907?utm_source=app-other&utm_medium=internal

Problem seems started after PTR update

dont uninstall anything. blizzard is aware of the server wide error. the error msg link is a bit misleading (last step is uninstall, DONT do it!). the link to teh news has been posted by herrmucha already.

workaround for hots and starcraft 2 exists.
hots:

sc2:

worked for me this one

This works guys try it

If you uninstalled the battlenet app as i did and get stuck at “Updating Blizzard Agent”.

I solved this by going to download Hots installer from my account page and it installed first the app and then the game!

Blizzard released an update for the Blizzard Desktop App that should resolve this issue. To pickup that update, please close the launcher and ensure the processes are all closed from the task manager.

On restarting the Blizzard Desktop App, it should pickup the fix. If you still experience an issue after that, we can try fully removing and reinstalling the Blizzard Desktop App by following these steps

Hey guys,

As Raxr mentioned above, the latest Blizzard app update should resolve the issue - my sincere apologies for this inconvenience. If the steps advised do not work for you, please let us know.

Thank you!

Feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Vyraneer

I tried Anduin on the PTR today. After I was done, I wanted to switch back to Europe.

First, the Launcher wanted me to “install” the game. Which was odd, since it obviously already was. Then, after using the “locate files” dialogue, the button turned to “Update” again. But everytime I try, it only VERY HELPFULLY tells me that “something went wrong between our server and your client. Give it another shot.” Which obviously didn’t work, otherwise I wouldn’t be here :slight_smile:

Suggestions?

3 Likes

Same issue here, but every other game except WoW. Battle…net app ask me to install them, but they are all installed, even played 2 hours before bug occurred.

1 Like

Yeah i get the same… also followed the steps as suggested in the error but didn’t work…

same here. wanne update it but i get error and after i need to locate my game again

Clucking blizzard and their goddamn bullsheeet DRM… My wife can play, I have this strange problem instead.

I have a similar problema i have 3 games of Blizz. Overwatch is fine but hearthstone and Heroes Of The Storm ask me to install the game and i had them installed. I tried to follow the steps and install it but it gives me na error and doesn’t let me do anything xs

Same problem here, any ideas?

seems this error occurred about 1-2 hours ago for all games. i would advice AGAINST reinstalling for now, since it affect a lot of people and battlnet system as a whole.

Whatever u do don’t reinstall Battlenet app. Now i’m stuck at “Updating Blizzard Agent” and wont get through. xD

The issue is real, but to play hots no matter what, just go to windows install folder

\Heroes of the Storm\Support64

and double click on the file

HeroesSwitcher_x64

This will launch the game!

2 Likes

Has anyone been able to fix the problem? We have it on three different laptops at home since yesterday and cant play any Blizzard games. I was even stu-pid enough to uninstall the battle.net on one laptop completely and now it wont even install back, stuck on 50% of the “Updating Blizzard Agent”.