HOTS takes long time to load

hey
every time i press launch button the game loads very slow,
it also opens a small window that called “preparing game data” and it downloads it slow too… how to speed this up? it takes like 5 minute just to launch the game…

thx for your help

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue months later. I found a thread from years ago about the same issue so I’m not holding my breath for this to be fixed any time soon.

same here :frowning:

I have suffered this for years now. to give a bit more info, it was once upon a time a fairly short load - but it has slowly increased over the years to the current lengthy wait time. I have tried reinstalling the game, fixing the game, running without other apps on a fresh reboot, etc, none of which has helped. it’s not game-breaking but it is at this point a bit ridiculous.

Slow loading is often related to older hardware, particularly on your hard drive or GPU. If you are experiencing slow loading, you will want to free up system resources from other programs or by upgrading your system’s hardware.

I get that often, it tends to happen the first time launching after a major patch, it usually only happens once per patch but sometimes it happens a few times. The download is VERY slow and it takes like 5-10 minutes for the game to launch. The problem is the download speed of this “preparing game data” it’s very slow to download. But once it’s done it shouldn’t have to do it again until after another patch.