Is HotS dead in 2021?

Is HotS dead?

The italian forum now seems so… i think this game is still fun and there are no similar alternatives (Luckily HotS, otherwise he would have died seriously), what is destroying this game aren’t the balances but the wombo combo of toxic players.
Unfortunately I’m under the rule of Rank too and the 50% win algorithm is terrible, be clear: I’m not fixed on that, it’s just a fact, please look at the stats of all the players on normal game career. What I want to say is that I would prefer a most beautiful game experience to rather to the rule of the stats, if you ask me right now if i liked last games I won or lost i will say no to 90% of this.

What I don’t understand is why you can’t find a way to let players who want to play seriously competitive games to spend 2 hours of fun.

In every holy game you will find a Toxic player, someone who doesn’t want to play a different role from the usual one, someone who goes afk, someone who spams and doesn’t play … players who systematically ruin games for no reason.

If it were easy way to block them with the blacklist I would do it but unfortunately there’s a maximum number, besides you can no longer block anyone …

I confirm that all the Wins have become boring and all the losses frustrating, as if it were all studied at the table, driven by the system, and this is not a conspiracy hypothesis.

Can you climb the summit? Yes, I started from silver and got to Diamond a few seasons ago, but now I play platinum and I feel like I’m back to silver, obviously if it was for quick games or Aram I wouldn’t be here to write.

For this there should be a “Reputation System” for players, where at the end of the game all players could give votes in multiple categories, and reward serious players who want to play fun games even if they lose.

The current reporting-based system is not transparent and often even when you bring back someone who played badly, it puts them back in the party in the next game.

I think the reputation system is fundamental, otherwise even the last fans of this game will leave.

Let me be clear that to blame the players I generalized to give text to the fact that a reputation system should really be done.

Imagine if an NBA player were to stop playing in the middle of the game because his teammates didn’t pass the ball, what would the coach do? Would he leave him on the pitch? Would he make him play the next few games?

The figure of the coach is missing here … and the reputation system could replace him.

2 Likes

Moreover with the right rules it would also solve the problem of smurf accounts.

By the way, i found a new game, who knows if i will play Hots again??

Reputation system is a good idea.

Just a question, how do you acquire good or bad reputation? Who would give it and who would take it away.
How would you avoid abuse in a 5 man party system or reputation trading

2 Likes

I’m not a developer and the choices should be made by those in charge and who have developed this game, we could discuss this topic for a long time, but surely it should be a mixed system, where you earn reputation directly from the system es.:

• if you play game without leave you earn points
  • if you score points or complete quest in game you earn points
  • if you score kill or assist in teamplay you earn points;

and from users ratings in multiple categories at the end of the game like in sport games es. :

• teamplay collaboration ? from 1 to 10?
  • it was a decisive player for winning? from 1 to 10?
  • how much i liked to play with this user? from 1 to 10?
    etc.

It would also be nice to earn RP if you could participate in the games in “spectator” mode and ultimately also vote for the best player, in order to have impartial judgment on the teams self vote.

This it’s just an example.

1 Like