Is HotS dead in 2022?

In June of this year I had written a post about the situation of this game.

It’s sad to see that the situation hasn’t improved yet.
It’s almost impossible to find people of the same level to play with, collaborative and non-toxic. Maybe they have banned a few people but there are always smurfs and even if they put you in party with “similar” people it is remarkable how the algorithm is flawed by the system.
And honest gamers aren’t appreciated.
Happines is the way.

Thank you Blizzard.

They dont even update the game anymore I think hots is dead…

3 Likes

well right now we have seen one of the most biggest updates for heroes and a rework too for Rehgar. but it doesn’t explain the lack of attention. i have been playing from 2017 ( i believe) and i remember each season we had a hero but now it has been a year since the hogger came out. it was a very creative hero mechanize but it gets old because there has been no new counter hero for it.
if this state continuous for a another year, then yes the game is definitely dead and at that point i can say that for the sure there is no dev team, just a people who take the dust out of servers. i hope i will be wrong. truly…

I come to give an hope to this game in the evening after work, but it’s useless, I lose badly a couple of games and I would like to uninstall it.
It’s really frustrating to see how you can’t do anything to improve it. I would like to speak to a GM and understand what I’m doing wrong.
My black list is full and i can’t add more toxic players on it, I try to have a positive attitude but I haven’t seen a fun games in a lifetime :pensive: this make me very sad.
This situation makes me feel bad and I go away to play, maybe that’s what they’re trying to do, in the past years when I played a Blizzard game it managed to keep me glued for hours, now I wonder if their intention is to make the players happy to play their game or if they want just listen the wallet.
Thanks for listening.

1 Like

HOTS has been dead for 2 years now.
The only people playing are someone who has bought the account for a small amount of money and has zero clue about the game. 70% is trolls and afks and Blizzard only cares if you say a naughty word then you get a time out. If you troll and feed all day long you’re fine.
Really loved this game 2 years ago. It was really fun and relaxing. Now is just S…

2 Likes

Same feelings here guys, but i still give an hope. But the truth is sad.

If you report people, they become silenced to you :slight_smile:

Not true. I have played since alpha and still play it. Maybe not as much as i used to. Plus i do play with some people i meet through this game. None are AFK’ers or toxic (one might be a little, but that is over disord, so only we can hear it :slight_smile: )

yeah it is true. i have been playing for 4 year and i have no idea why right now queue time are so low. for example you need to wait about 4 sec to get your ARAM match. and i rember at the time we used to have brawls, queue time were 60 sec

Apparently people still play (and so did rejoin lately) but the game still “projects” your next challenge instead of just give the next in line. Talked about this multiple times, soooo much hate it (but elites disagree)

Stomps one way or another, and there’s zero forgiveness factor as well which is worse in that regard. Lost a close 30 minute game ?, here’s the biggest BS to knock down further (cause don’t deserve to “stay”)

Also, the cr*p DC for 5 sec in draft still not fixed, they give some “charity” points afterwards but still no point in not just reconnect back to the game (especially after already picked your hero, ffs)

In meantime, enjoy your games… Well kinda, cause don’t think it’s getting “alive” anytime soon but still getting (some) updates :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is it just that HoTS is dead? Or is it that Blizzard is dead? Dead to me at least for some really horrible choices over the last what 6 years?

I feel the urge to try HOTS again but naaa . Blizzard hates its long time fans and supporters (ME) so I hate Blizzard.

Was fun while it lasted like shellfish. I am now allergic to my favorite food so time to find new places to spend my time and money. Lots of things to eat out there just like there are a lot of developers making great games who still love their fans and supporters.

I still prefer HOTS over LoL or dota2

i am beta veteran of league, joined this game around 3-4 months ago due characters becoming to overtuned to help unskilled “players” play. same state but worse, atleast we had proper matchmaking on league of legends. here im getting 4 edgelord who only plays dps because they are the gods of this game. i am seeing 4-6 y.o accounts that cant even comprehend how to properly build a team. i enjoy playing abathur but whenever i pick abathur people only whine and do everything in their power to lose the game and yes, lots of people now crying to me for picking abathur because i have “horrible winrate” game stats isnt available so people cant see who sucks who doesnt. i had %64 winrate a week ago was playing on platinum 5, now i have %55 winrate and on gold 4. games are RIGGED TO TEETH, half of characters has dark souls hitboxes, half of characters hits like truck without regarding their class or anything. so sure, this is why this game dying. i am just here to enjoy this dying game, throwing matches to tilt losers and if they insult me i report and keep taunting them because blizzard only acts against filtered words rather than problem itself XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD