Macbook Pro Deathwing Update

after installing the patch of deathwing, when I log into game my macbook pro 2012, I cannot see anything, just a black background and an ingame cursor, I have tried reparing the game, updating patches but still it is not working. I have been using this macbook pro for this game for over 3 years now and I don’t know what is happening. I hope someone can help me

I am also on Macbook pro and experiencing problems. When I open HotS, I am unable to move the mouse cursor outside of an invisible box that limits the cursor to stay within a narrow space up the left corner of my screen. So I can’t even enter ‘options’ to try and change any settings.

4 Likes

Can someone help? I tried filing a ticket but it doesn’t send me one since it leads me to a troubleshooting that is irrelevant to my problem :frowning:

1 Like

Heya guys,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having some issues getting the game to work after the latest patch. I can see a few reports from other players however it seems you may be able to work around the issue by pressing command + M to minimise then maximise the game after launching it.

For those of you experiencing the issue which Mac OS and Mac model are you using?

Thanks for response. I am using MacOS Mojave
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
I tried to alt tab from the screen to the desktop but it still gives me a black screen, I can hear the music, and see the game cursor but that’s it.

I have the exact same problem… Can’t play at all…

The command + M trick worked for me, thank you. I’m on the newest OS on the Macbook pro.

Sorry to hear that the Command + M trick didn’t work for all of you. Could you test if resetting the games Settings to defaults helps. If you still have issues I’d also like to test if it occurs under a new administrator account.

Could you try running the 10.14.6 combo update if the steps above don’t resolve the issue.

I’m not sure which macOS you are using singharat but I’d recommend running the most recent combo update available for it as well.

I AM USING 2017 MACBOOK PRO CATALINA. Same problem. Cursor gets stuck inside of an invisible box. The “invisible box” is not always the same size. Nothing seems to fix the issue except for restarting the whole computer again and agian until the game magically fixes itself.

Me too. exact same problem!

Im having the same problem, there is small box where i can move my mouse but it doesn’t cover the whole game screen. Though this would have been fixed by now, it’s been four days since the patch was released…

Same issue here…I don’t know why blizzard having so much money doesn’t improve their support. now you can’t open tickets…they defer all their issue to the forum