Matchmaking still an issue

MMR still sucks.

In most of the games, like 90%, I get teammates who are clueless and enemy team on the other hand is like a premade of 5 (even though they are not).

Quick match is a total disaster, but I guess Blizzard always considered that it’s fine and that’s what it is supposed to be, so no surprise there.

Ranked is one of the worst competitive experiences I ever had playing video games. I get teamed up with people who lock 3 ranged assassins and varian. I go heal and varian of course goes twin blades. There is just so many situations where my teammates do not pick counters, they do not think what might be useful or not, they insta lock whatever. There is no teamplay. This happens all the time and I just don’t know what I can do about it. Same mistakes from start till the end.

Brawl would be intersting game mode, but it is just a festival of people playing heroes they have no idea how to play.

How to play this game? How can I improve my match making to start getting matched with people of my skill level? Why I am getting lower skill teammates against superior enemies?

Am I supposed to learn how to play 1v5? I just don’t get this game.

I feel this game would do better without mmr and going full random. It seems there are no people to play the game, so using mmr is useless anyways.

1 Like

There is no easy way.

You have to adapt and realize that the most effective play may not be the play that wins you the game if the team is not in on it.

Carry games means making your team win and making their not so optimal decision making win the game regardless. This is fundamentally different from e.g. LOL and you cannot carry the game solo at all times.

Turn off in-game chat and always focus on the next play instead of starting/participating in pointless discussions on plays that were lost and gone anyways. Pings are all that is needed. Team may respond or not and make sure to play accordingly. Setting yourself up for failure because the team did not understand your play is as much on you as it is on them. In game chat is useful/nice but for lower than diamond and you are better off without it imo.

Reflect on your own mistakes by the end of the game. You will never teach the world but you can learn and improve for next time.

Keep in mind that its very likely that enemy team has equally skilled players and some games can be turned to wins even if it looks extremely dire.

Play unranked with friends and play the heroes you do not play in ranked for fun and broadening your perspective/knowledge of the game.

I had a hard time climbing out of the “Plat curse” but above helped me a lot.

1 Like

I think one problem are smurf accounts. I remember a recent game where I told Jaina to play safe because of Butcher. Jaina was level 50 and Butcher was also level 50. Jaina said: don’t worry I am smurf. Jaina was decent, Butcher was playing like a newbie rushing in our team like crazy and getting killed 7 times or so. It was the Winter map where it is hard to come back anyway, but it was easy stomp for us. Jaina had 70% winrate. This game could have went totally different if we had a newbie Jaina that fed the Butcher.
I don’t really undertand how MM works in QM. Because when I, and my team mates play heroes we have on maybe level 10 or so, you know to try out new heroes in QM, and enemy team has a level 147 Butcher, it doesn’t feel fair.

1 Like

yeah…we everyone know that,not need to repeat for 100000 times one same thing,you are like stup*d parrots…better suggest new way for MM and explain with smart reason why is better.
I did that many times for these 5 years!.

Go read this my topics…

If nothing is being changed then repeating it 100000 times seems to be appropriate.

You want an answer? It could be solved easily by making teams of people of similar skill level, but it doesn’t work like that right now. There is one or two players who are supposed to carry their team of newbies. Not many people play this game for a serious mm, just make it random and count for the best. It already works like that anyways.

Well, the problem I see is that you can make low mmr account with HIGH level main and pair that with account which you need to boost, that way you cheat the mmr nicely and you can face newbies all the games. This method would be glitch in every other game expect here in HOTs. I suggest Blizzard to look for this, because in the end “cheaters” will ruin all games and this game will not have any future.

Another problem: don’t make parties against non parties, make solo leaque a thing, if I play solo I don’t want to be with premade or against party with no party at all.

All of the above will make players to troll (frustrated), make newbies in ranks where they don’t belong.

1 Like

it’s a debauchery, for example, I have righ now 57,9% win rate with my acount, 1087 matches played. When i decide to go random solo quick match, i got low leves in almost every matches, sometimes 2 ou 3 low levels in a party, learning the game, first week, they will play with u. So u look the eneny team. Normal. All 5 there are veterans, who play ranked. Thats the point. If u have a good win rate, the MM will work hard against u.

Not enough players to have a proper MMR, if balanced it properly queues will be longer, and players leave for other games.

Broken record repeating this

1 Like

The game is a joke, because Blizzard listen to these impatient kids that can’t wait some second for a match.
But as Over9000. A lack of players. I think it took them WAY to long to make a decent matchmaking system. But the time they actualy did it, alot of players had left the game

I have lost my last 5 aram matches. 2 of them, i was MVP. My last match, i’m certain i was up vs a premade of atleast 3, as 3 of them had the same portrait. A portrait i haven’t seen used before. It’s clear that Blizzard dosen’t care at all about the quality of the matches. They can’t be playing this game themself

This isn’t really true. What do you base it on. Not the case with those i have teamed up with

If you only get trolls and feeders in your teams, blizzucks probably wants you to stop playing the game. If you have ever been guilty of wrongthink, they screw over matchmaking and you only get teammates that average 4 reports per game for feeding, afk, non-participation and so on.