Multiple technical issues

Before I begin I just want to say, it’s utterly impossible to contact support regarding technical issues, c’mon guys… If I’d found a solution here, I wouldn’t write a ticket.

First and foremost. I have to remove the game from my firewall and restart the computer before starting up HoTs every time. Otherwise it won’t start. (Even when I start the computer first thing.) Seems to be the same issue with Diablo 3 as well.

Once in game, I disconnect and the game freezes for just about 10 seconds at exactly 0:51 every game, no exceptions. (In arams at 0:14.)

The other issue at hand is, every few games (once or twice every 10 games), my character then chooses to return to the exact same spot where I disconnected throughout the entire game. I have to spam RMB like crazy or hold it in, making it very hard to do anything.
I suspect this is related to the issue above if somebody pings my hero while I’m disconnected, thus making my hero return to the same spot (since you can steer an AI that way.)

Otherwise I’m having random stutters now and then, but hardly anything that affects the gameplay. But it’s annoying nonetheless.
The game is running just fine except for these issues.

What I’ve tried so far is reinstalling the game, the Blizzard launcher, deleting the Variables.txt and resetting the in-game options and it didn’t work. The only other solution is the firewall one, and it’s only limited to 1 start up.

1 Like

Good morning Aldhissla,

Could you please provide aDXDiag and MSInfo here? If the data is too big to be posted on the forum directly, you can use a page like pastebin.com and post the link to it here then.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Thank you for the quick reply!

DxDiag - https://pastebin.com/0VQgmVcZ

MsInfo32 - https://www.pastefs.com/pid/121622
(pastebin wouldn’t allow due to the size) Also, apparently I couldn’t include links in the post.

I hope this will work for you even though it’s in swedish!

Hello again,

You should start by updating your drivers for your hardware on the different manufacturers pages, not only the graphics card one. Secondly, please make sure in your NVIDIA settings that the right graphics card is chosen for the game, your NVIDIA one not the onboard one.
For the security software issue, have you checked that you are logged in with admin rights and allowed to make permanent changes to its settings?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hey.

I’ve checked and everything is up to date, also my Nvidia settings have been as you proposed since before. I switched to admin rights upon start up and it didn’t change anything for the better.
Even though I restarted my computer, as it usualy fixes the issue of starting the game, it wouldn’t start at all.

I also noticed that simply shutting off and on the computer doesn’t fix the startup issue, but a restart alone does that, which makes me a tad confused… I still need to remove the game from the firewall prior to restart.

Hello,

That is weird indeed. So, your firewall blocks the game almost every time, right? Can you add the game to the exceptions of your firewall? Have you tried that?

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hey.

Yes, I’ve tried switching between local and public access just to see if there’s some kind of block. I’ve tried to simply set the firewall to ignore the game itself.

What I’ve done so far is letting the firewall window to be as it is. If I either accept or decline the firewall options the lag spikes will resume throughout the games.

What bugs me though, is that the firewall seems to force rules to be set anyway, placing the game under the firewall. My mate doesn’t have the same problem and have Norton to regulate that instead somehow. I’m using Avast.

Edit: Apparently the firewall has nothing to do with the startup issue. However, I still need to restart the computer beforehand. But I did notice that if I exit the game and start it up again if I recently restarted the computer ( I waited about 5 minutes) there is no issue at all. But if the computer have been on for a while, the issue is back.
Also, if I try to start the game without restarting the comp, it takes 2-3 minutes before the window “connecting to stream server” appears, and then it’s gone and nothing happens.