No Sound At All

Was playing the game fine earlier today, no sound issues, nothing.

Was in a voice call in Discord, and I noticed that HotS had no sound. No effects, no music, ingame or in between matches, nothing. I figured it was down to some Discord or Windows setting muting the game without me knowing.

Later trying to play the game, Discord not even open, no sound. Check sound settings, they are all fine. My only output option in sound tab is default, so it is set to that.

In the voice tab, I’ve tried every output option, still nothing. Tried having my headphones connected, disconnected, nothing.

My drivers are updated, and freshly reinstalled.

I have set HotS to run with admin settings.

I have made sure volume mixer is not muting/lowering volume for HotS. Have been constantly making sure the volume is fine, which it is for all other programs.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Have tried going into speaker’s properties, enabling exclusive mode and exclusive mode priority and switching between, nothing.

Hard restarts of my laptop between this. Nothing. Idk. Kinda pissed off atm.

Windows 10 right?

It’s possible that a Windows Update messed something up

I seem to recall someone else having a similar issue and they fixed it by deleting their sound drivers completely and manually installing them again without letting Windows 10 take care of it for them

Hey, yeah Windows 10.

That’s pretty annoying. I have always had Windows 10 install the stuff for me -_-

Any idea how to do that please? When I google “how to install sound drivers without windows 10” it assumes I have no sound at all, it’s just heroes.

Edit: Had a windows update that was installed yesterday. I uninstalled it in the rollback option, and still no sound. :I

Edit 2:

Fixed. Had to install Driver Support and pay $9.99 to activate it. A bit annoyed about the cost.

Weird thing is that even after updating all the drivers (and my realtek sound was already updated) nothing was fixed.

It was only after uninstalling realtek dh audio from control panel (which I had done before) then restarting that HotS now has sound again. I also reinstalled the game again. So not sure on the exact fix, but I have sound.

Thanks a ton for your reply Xylord :heart:

Edit 3: Nevermind??? I just started the game up now (laptop had been shutdown since) and without updating any drivers myself or doing anything the game has no sound? No settings were changed, nothing???

Edit 4: Definitely driver issue. I have no idea what… I uninstalled Realtek HD Audio driver from control panel again, restarted PC, then started up the game. No ingame settings changed, nothing else, and I get sound.

I don’t know how to roll back drivers, but it’s not exactly a great fix of having to constantly delete the driver and restart my laptop to play with sound

1 Like