No sound in HOTS

Greetings,
for last few weeks I have no sound in HOTS. It happens randomly, but for about 80% of PC restart HOTS just have no sound at all.

I went though Troubleshooting Sound Issues and have no success with it.

I use USB headphones. Sound works 100% fine for everything but HOTS. Few times , when HOTS started, it did not even create an audio stream in windows mixer. Even if it did, no sound in the headphones.

I have HOTS configured to use “default” audio output (no other audio output available in game, although I have more than one). In system I have the headphones selected as default output. And I also checked that HOTS is not muted in the system.

I have this issue only for a few weeks, before that sound worked for years without problem and I didn’t changed anything.

Running on Windows 10
HOTS version: 2.55.3.91093

Thanks for response.

hi, haven’t you gotten any responses? do you still have the problem? There is a workaround for that problem. Actually i dont know if that problem still exists, as i just always do that workaround anyways :smiley:

check out this thread. Having a video in firefox running while starting hots always worked for me. Once its started you can just pause or close the vid.
greetings

Hi,
I eventually solved it myself. It helped for me to go in settings and randomly change number of sound channels. Even just move the slidebar by 1. It seems to me like sound just had to “reload”.

But thanks for hint.