Preparing game data before every start up

Why Blizzard doesn’t care about this topic, I lost a lot of my friends over it and they don’t come to Blizzard anymore.

So 2 weeks ago I submitted a ticket. I basically got told to go away. I asked for some kind of compensation for this being a issue for over 5 months, I basically got told “No. Jog on”. I also got told that they are looking into it. That was clearly a lie. So when is the issue going to be fixed? Never. Blizzard don’t care. HotS isn’t making them enough money so they think it’s a waste of time. If this was an issue with WoW it would have been fixed in minutes.

1 Like

at this point i would prefer them anounce “we’re shuting down the game” than this graveyard of a game

1 Like

Y’all wanna fix this or what? I shouldn’t have to reboot the client or my PC every time I want to play this. This is 100% unacceptable.

I contacted support using the link you gave, attached the required files and my experience. I’ll paste here too:

I tried most things suggested under

Preparing game data before every start up

and moving the game files did work. When I tried uninstalling every trace of Battle.net from my system and reinstall, thr problem came back.

Personal note: when software breaks when it’s working on most people’s system it’s usually due to some localization issue. I’ve learned to restrain from installing games to C:\Játékok and dev stuff to C:\Kellékek (which is Hungarian for C:\Games and C:\Tools respectively), because many games (even today) fail to load their own assets, so I’ve grown used to installing stuff to C:\Jatekok and C:\Kellekek. It’s just not worth the hassle. Localization can still break English-centric SW, for eg. AMD’s Code XL (debugger and profiler) broke because the installer had a hardcoded username ‘Everyone’ which doesn’t read the same way on non-English systems. (In Hungarian unauthenticated user permission group reads ‘Mindenki’.) Because the installer didn’t properly obtain the name of this group, it failed to set permissions on installed files and bailed during installation.

If it’s dominantly European users arguing about this update loop, I’d start looking into localization-specific things, such as time formats, time zones, special user names, etc. Battle.net may try reading files which are there, but using wrong permissions or thinks they’re out-of-date and instead re-downloads them. (Just a guess)

1 Like

!Update!

The Heroes of the Storm Dev team has just recently been able to reliably reproduce the issue and are working on the cause. This goes beyond the initial bug from late last year that affected most of Blizzard games and appears to be very specific to Windows based HOTS.

They have asked me to thank everyone that has sent in diagnostic files as they were extremely helpful in getting to this point.

The Dev team are currently testing new builds and will hopefully soon be able to release a fix.

13 Likes

Still a problem, March 2022.

Honestly did you even read the dev response? They have finally found the cause of the problem and they are working on it currently, coding isn’t something that you do fast it takes time to code properly so that you don’t make several more bugs in the process

1 Like

Hey, Any news on this?

Hello skunk21,

It’s been fixed internally but some preparations are needed to deploy it in a future patch.

6 Likes

Thx for letting us to know that.

That is, exactly when ?
Blizzard games were famous for not having bugs but now pay attention to the release date of this topic, it is very annoying that this bug has not been fixed yet

1 Like

Is this patched yet?

Hello,
Im facing the same issue with my laptop Lenovo-L5 17IMH05H.
I tried many things to fix but its always come back.
However recently on my desktop it doesn’t do this, it run directly.
I copied HOTS files from desktop and replaced on my laptop, didn’t work.
If anyone could help with a way to record the file process between my Desktop Pc and laptop, to help maybe in fix…
I think its bug in launcher, since it randomly update before after and when u exit the game sometimes even during playing it tells u you need to quite to update which download again the 137mb files… But i found away around by or fix Logout, wait to load if it did not load change servers from down left just to promote load or by changing graphics…
then Login and its fixed u can play normally.

This problem was solved and I even completely closed and reopened my Battle Net and everything was perfectly fine
I wanted to thank you and I hope there are good and better updates to this game (in the near future)

Not for me, just did it.

Seems like the Problem is solved for me with the latest patch. Thx

Hello all,

For clarifications, the issue is indeed fixed with the patch. The pop-up “preparing the game data” is still showing, that’s working as intended. What’s been fixed is the download part that was happening on top of that.

2 Likes

Hello,

April and it’s still not patched. I still have a download after the preparing game data pop up. This is becoming more and more annoying due to the fact that for some reason the download speed is also suuuuper slow (could be due to my internet but after running tests i can download way faster than the 0.whatever kb spd. Can we get more insight as in to what this might be related to ? is it the client or the actual game ?

thanks for your time but community wise we all know that hots is an abandonned game so far but if you guys take me as an intern or a part timer i will help you guys fix the problem the best i can. Other than that just fix this issue as it’s becoming less and less enjoyable to play a game that deserves more love from not even the devs but the company itself.

D…did you not read the latest post before yours? It litterally says right there that the download bug is fixed and that everything is working as intended, any problem that you might currently have is probably specific to you and should be asked through a support ticket