Ranked game. Disconnected. BattleNet service doen't work

Hello dear team of Heroes of the Storm. I had now problem in game. Starting ranked game, was picking heroes and then someone was afk and game done cause someone left. Then I starting again. Picking again and then I was dropped from the pick whitout massage that someone left. And then had massage that Battlenet service maybe doesn’t work. I waited, then restarted game. And when I enter I had minus almost 500 point… I was Brilliat 5 with 500+ point and now I have 134. What’s wrong? Why I have minus so much point if I didn’t leave game? Please help with this and bring back my points. Cause in ranked really hard to win games when you play solo whitout team. All time have people who pick what they want or feed, cause they want this. Or pick what they want and game ending on pick phase. I hope that you can help me. Cause I didnt have problem with my internet connection. Thank you. Waiting for you answer.

Kind regards,
Nikolay Zhukov

Hi NikolayOD!

I’m sorry to hear that you lost your points due to being disconnected from the game. Unfortunately we cannot restore them to you, but I’d like to still suggest you to go over the Connection troubleshooting article to rule out any potential problem that may have caused you to disconnect.

From what I checked, I was not able to find any problem on our side that could have caused this, but we’ll keep an eye out for it. You can also check any news regarding the service status on our Twitter.

If you happen to experience this problem more often, it may be worth to reach out to our Support through a ticket so that we can look into your situation. :slight_smile:

Dear Andorilisia!

It’s really bad to hear that you can’t restore my score. One more thing. I wasn’t disconnected, I was dropped to the menu where the game search is. If I was disconnected, then after game reset I would have been reconnected to the game. But in my situation there was nothing. The game just dropped and 2 sec after message that BattleNet client have some problem or my internet connection. But the connection was all ok and BattleNet was online and Speedtest worked fine. It is always opened, for checking this stuff. So this is in game problem or BattleNet problem.
And I have problem running the game for a couple of weeks. Always black screen. I checked your recommendations about how to fix this. Helped only to delete and reinstall again. But it’s highly frustrating to delete the game 5-10 per week.
About the ticket. Before writing a post here, I tried to create a ticket, but can’t. If I choose Bug, then on the page there is a message that I need go to forum and write a post on a Bug channel. With another all is simillar (Technical, Account, etc.)
Please do something about it, cause now the game has a lot more problems then it had 1 year ago. I understand that now not that many people work on Heroes of the Storm as before, but anyway. This is a problem and a really big one. Loosing points on ranked game without playing… It’s not normal.
I’m playing HotS from Alpha, and I have this problem for the first time.
Hope for your answer and results.

Kind regards,
Nikolay Zhukov :slightly_smiling_face: