Russia is not EU

I’m so tired of getting matched with russian players. I’m connected to EU servers. That should be EU? no? But in every other match there is Russians. Seriously. They mostly don’t speak a word of English and feed all match long. WHY DO YOU DO DIS? Russia is Russia, not EU. Do Russia like the EU and Nato? NO. Why are they on our servers. For reals. Is there any way to block ME from getting into a team where there a Russian gamers? I sure can fight them, just DON’T let me be on their team! Cause you know, I AM ON EU SERVERS. NOT RUSSAIN. K thx bai.

12 Likes

Actually Russia is on the border of Euro-Asian plate, it belongs to both Asia and Europe. You would know this if you paid attention to Geography classes in your school.

I do however agree that Russian players should be moved to a separate servers as they do not cooperate with other players at all. Not even with their own nationalities in most cases, the swear like, I don’t even have a comparison.

Just bad toxic players is all I ever get from them.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a minor point but the servers are for Europe, not the EU. Geographically russia is close enough to Europe so that the ping wouldn’t be too bad for them. Now why they don’t have their own servers is probably one rooted in finances rather than any idea of keeping customers happy. The russians probably aren’t too happy about being on European servers either.

Please don’t conflate Europe (the continent) and the European Union, a super-national organisation that is run so poorly that if their idea of getting their own army goes through they’re liable to start world war 3.

2 Likes

European servers are actually also for Africa, middle-east and few other countries :slight_smile:

2 Likes

as if cyrillic is only used in russia…
i also doubt it s a money issue
i think it s more likely to be a problem of politics

Because Africa and middle-east are countries.
Those are just Regions lol.

Because regions don’t consist of countries, CasualPlayer.

I think the Russians would probably be happy to get away from all the people complaining about how badly they are playing before the game even starts lol!

In all seriousness though, I don’t think it’s as much to do with how they play, but more people’s perspectives, expectations and the need to point at someone.

Just like any game where things go wrong, someone often feels the need to point the blame at someone else. This is then passes around and spreads over the team and loses the game for you.

When looking for someone to point blame at, you look for the smallest flaw that you can use agenst them – its human nature to do such. And people clearly see being Russian as a flaw. Why?

What is the flaw? Well there probably isn’t one, but the history of the country in certain places and who their allies are and such and political views of countries… will all sway into giving you a perspective of Russians or any other group of people for that matter. Again human nature we all do it without thinking, we can’t control it to easy and we are all bias to certain people groups and things.

An example: England after Brexit, despite the vote being 50% we ALL got classed as racists.

So, indeed you see a Russian player and you believe they will play bad, any mistake they make will be amplified to you and much worse because you’re always going to be looking for flaws in them to confirm to yourself while ignoring the good plays they do.

I have yet to see any real data that proves or disproves how Russians play worse than any other nation or group of players.

Personally I see the ones that complain and call people out to be the ones that lose the game for you.
Russians tend to be silent, ether not wanting to give away the fact they are Russian and have the game tilted by idiots or perhaps simply they just don’t know that much English which is fair enough lol. That makes them the better players! Haha!

So indeed … I think the Russians would probably be happy to get away from all the people complaining about how badly they are playing before the game even starts lol!

But other than that unless they have huge lag issues then what’s the problem??

5 Likes

The problem is, that they generally refuse to speak anything else than russian.

6 Likes

You dont know the difference between “European Union” and “Europe” and what part Russia plays in this but yet u claim you know everything about russians? Like they all cant talk english? cant play well? can only feed?
Soooo many prejudices and just hating.
My bet is that you are just frustrated and need a scapegoat that u can blame.
Because u never know who u play with except if its russians, cuz u can see it from their writing/nicknames. Im sure bad players and good players exist everywhere. And in the world progaming history there were russian players too!

cant take u serious. sorry not sorry.

2 Likes

Disclaimer: This post is not aimed at any individual, although it may read that way in places.

“Will not speak anything other than Russian.” Or “Will not communicate with team.”

I get exactly the same with Germans, Finnish, Spanish, you name it. And the English speakers refuse to speak German in a game where the other 4 players are German speakers! The horror!
There is no law that states you must speak English in a game, so it’s silly to enforce it.
Perhaps they can’t speak enough English? Or perhaps it’s hard enough for them that it would negatively affect the game play?
You just don’t know, you can’t know.
But over and over I see people rudely just type “speak English you idiot”. What incentive dose that player now have to actually bother communicating with you politely, in any language? And then people begin to complain that they do not speak at all! Lol. Come on join the dots up here.

Anyone can just politely ask people, or simply say “Sorry I do not know this language, if it’s about the game I need English to understand. Thanks.”
The silly part about all this is, useful game information discussed by anyone is considerably uncommon until you get to better ranks, where people actually communicate. So if Russians are such bad players as this thread insists, that’s never going to be a problem LOL.

It’s a shame that rather than just smiling and nodding and getting along with whatever players you have ended up with, people jump up and complain. Well if your losing games with Russian players, have you considered it might be because you are upsetting the team to start with? They are not the bad players, you are, because you have started a game and tilted the team.

If you can’t say anything nice then don’t say anything at all.

I have lost more games due to tilt, than due to players that are actually pretty bad.
It should go without saying, never tilt the team or the loss is on you.
It doesn’t matter if someone has disconnected, or is a feeder, or is level1 and clueless. It happens, it is not something that can be controlled, it doesn’t mean the game is a loss. But as soon as people get upset and start passing blame your chance of winning will drop considerably. So if you want to win, stop blaming everything on Russian players or the rest of your team, simple as.

Play the game, don’t pass the blame.

This thread is offensive.
Why has it not yet been locked?

4 Likes

hmm, im Russian, and this post looks like racism demonstration

so if you have matchmaking problems, maybe theres reason to improve your skills/MMR/something else?

overall, this post not about gaming
as in Russian proverb - no families without disabled (approximated translation, of course)

5 Likes

Yes please move Russians away from Europe servers. I am having about 70-85% loss each time then are in our team.

U could even just adjust the matchmaking system so their country ip range matches them together. They don’t have to go from our servers as long as they are filtered away

4 Likes

But it negatively impacts our game. I set the game to english language because that’s the only language I speak, and it is a game based around team play, if you can’t communicate and you can’t carry then it severely impacts the enjoyment of the game.

I think not being able to say anything at all is really the problem, isn’t it?

Two reasons: 1. Offense has no value, and is not worth listening to.
2. It raises a legitimate complaint. I doubt blizzard would do anything about it, but it does show that this is a concern.

Good advice in general but it seems to be completely divorced from everything else in this thread. You mentioned that you thought this thread was racist then quoted 3 posts that had nothing to do with race.

1 Like

Sadly, russians do the same in most of online videogames. Not all russians, but clearly most of them. make a server for them and averything will be fine.

2 Likes

So be a team player, work with what you have and stop blaming everyone else?
EU, there are many languages and people of all ages, not everyone can speak English, that’s why we have pings. It’s not an opportunity to discriminate. Honestly my experience is that Russian players are some of the best for the simple fact they don’t start calling people out.

I highly doubt this will remove everything bad if they move russians to russian only server.

There are many things that need to change in order for players to actually have fun in this game, change of rules in ranked play for starters, so long as you have 10 lvl 5 heroes you are eligible to enter Ranked.

This should be changed in the first place but I already made a suggestion about it and it gets a lot of negative feedback from snowflakes.

Edit:
TopKek of irony.

Just finished a game with 2 russians in my team.
One said about the other that now he knows why Russians have such a bad reputation in this game.

Self explanatory.

1 Like

Good advice in general, but pretty much irrelevent to the rest of the thread. The issue is being grouped with people you can’t possibly communicate with (not really sure why this is restricted to russians, I would guess that they’re just the easiest to identify or the most numerous).

Pings are useful to a point. Where is the ping to say we need to set up an ambush? Or to ask a teammate to take a specific talent/build or use a specific strategy? How do I ping to a teammate that an enemy is rotating up to them? I’ve tried retreat pings, they get ignored.

They’re nice to have, but they’re no substitute for the ability to type something to other people. Strangely in another blizzard game, World of warcraft, they have similar server regions as HotS, yet in WoW they had the sense to have automated groups match people who speak the same language with each other for the most part. It’s not perfect, but it’s nowhere near as bad as HotS, so it seems it can be done.

I don’t think you understand what discriminate means. If you do, this sentance is simultaneously wrong and pointless. To discriminate is to tell the difference between things, to differentiate between them. Discrimination on this subject is an observation, not a consequence of racism or some other social malady.

While that might be pleasant I would rather have someone type rubbish in chat than someone who either doesn’t understand why they’re throwing the game or simply don’t care. I’m sure most people reading this have had at least one game with a person who just plays so badly they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. In the case of this person not speaking english there is the possibility that they did this because they couldn’t understand good advice from their teammates. There’s no way to prove if it is or isn’t, but it’s an annoying, unncessary frustration to have to guess if it’s because the person doing it simply can’t be communicated with, or because they’re just selfish.

just go bronze or silver ranked, and every country except yours (maybe, lol) will be bad

discriminate for race

overall salty post
play vs AI if you dont want random
all AI’s from Nexus (that is not EU too :grin:)

1 Like

It’s not discrimination for race, it’s discrimination for language used. The only reason you can more easily tell it’s russians is because they use a different alphabet. Nobody gives a damn about where the other person is from, they care if they act like a git and ruin their game because of it.

2 Likes