Severe Stuttering Caused Presumably by Audio?

I’m having some pretty severe stuttering issues with Heroes of the Storm that I think eventually just ends up crashing my audio drivers entirely.

It occurs at the main menu albeit slightly less significant, it does that typical freezing as if the computer goes unresponsive and the audio gets stuck in a loop.

Whilst ingame it randomly freezes entirely and my Realtek HD Audio Manager will pop-up saying I’ve plugged in a new device (assuming this is caused by the driver crashing).

I’ve tried a bunch of stuff like changing sound quality and channels - to no avail. I’ve tried exiting the BattleNet Launcher as people reported that to be the cause - did nothing. I’ve been disabling background applications and services - nothing yet.

I’ve also downloaded the latest graphics drivers as mine were fairly old and also updated my audio drivers to the latest available for my on-board audio.

What has me so confused is that it ONLY happens in Heroes of the Storm.

I tried to record footage of it, but when this stuttering occurs the footage in OBS will freeze entirely - so I doubt that’s of any use. It also does not pickup the audio lag that I get.

DXDiag: pastebin. com/anBeJr00
MSInfo: pastebin. com/g35Uik45

Hello Dealman,

You can include links, just add a space to it.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

You should also look at the additional steps from this article here

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Thanks, but I’ve already read that article. I’ve tried with another headset so I’m fairly confident that the issue is not with my headset.

And I’ve played around with all the sound settings in-game but they don’t seem to fix it unfortunately.

Really all I can think of is that there’s some sort of incompatibility with the game’s sound engine and Realtek.

I recall Realtek being a big culprit of BSoD’s back when Battlefield 3 was new - wouldn’t surprise me if they’re back at it again.