System setting not working (hotkey, graphics, etc.)

Installed a strange update today when prompted and now I’ve got a few problems:

• Every time I launch the game it would give me the opening cinematic as if I’m launching for the first time, this has never happened before
  • Every time I launch the game all my graphics settings go back to default
  • My hotkey setting won’t work no matter how many times I save, which makes it impossible to play after years of playing using my own hotkeys

What I’ve tried:

• Scan & repair > nothing changed
  • Uninstall and then installed again > nothing changed

It must be to do with the game itself and I can’t be the only one surely?

i have the same problem start 1-2 months ago, just have updated to actual update and problem stills there

Greetings,

Sorry for the late reply.

According to the description it’s either caused by the Onedrive or by the Controlled folder access.

If it doesn’t solve your problem, please submit a ticket with your diagnostic files, our teams will be able to do some checks.

According to the description it’s either caused by the Onedrive or by the Controlled folder access.

In my case this was caused by Windows 11 defender.

IF you have it, go to Windows Security → Virus & threat protection → Under Current threats pick “Protection history”-link, check the latest “protected folder access blocked”-items and if this is the case, find something like “heroes of storm…” and allow it.

Should fix

On a Mac what should I do to fix this problem? Playing without quickcast makes Kel’Thuzad unplayable at best.