The game freezes on loading screen

Reinstalled the game with no success. Shortly after starting it the game just freezes on the logo. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Hey Fenris,

This can often happen when another application is interfering in the background, or if there is a driver conflict. Let’s go through the steps to check for Driver updates and close background applications. Once you have done that, retest Heroes of the Storm again.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Hi Nenyasqi,

Thank you for you reply.
I have been playing the game for quite awhile and never had any problems. I tried the suggested troubleshooting but with no success. The game keeps freezing on starting screen. It worked just fine 3 days ago when I got this preupdate which I believe caused all of this. Have reinstalled the game 4 times, checked drivers and everything. I will give it a try after your scheduled maintenance but if you guys can’t fix it I might just have to delete it for good.

Have you been able to play since the maintenance?

If not, post your System Files so we can have a closer look into this. Please go through the steps listed here, and create both the MSInfo and DxDiag files. Post them on a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive. Post the links here afterwards as Preformatted text </>, so we can have a look.

Hello Nenyasqi,

I managed to play after the maintenance but now the game stopped working again. This time I don’t even get to the loading screen. It’s just black screen. Here are the links you asked for:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ao-nsQKxYDR2ifxFHGAbzkgOIlLcCw

https://1drv.ms/t/s!Ao-nsQKxYDR2ifxEIKtcJcp0FgUV4A

Thanks Fenris,

Let’s start by updating the drivers for both your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M and integrated Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 chip. Both drivers are vastly outdated, newer drivers can help out and could even increase performance as well.

Once you have done that, go through the steps to close background applications. After the restart, check that applications such as Asus Splendid, GeForce Experience and TeamViewer have not started up. If they have, please close those down completely.

Last but not least, please enable the Secondary Logon Service before testing Heroes of the Storm again.

I just got the same issue. Game keeps freezing on the HoTS logo. LOADING blinks several times and then just stops and it freezes my entire computer to the point that I have to force shutdown it with the power button. Windows shutdown and logout is not working for some reason when this freeze happens. Seems like it breaks the entire operating system somehow (Windows 10, updated to the latest).

I have not been able to play for a week now.

I tried scan and repair, uninstall and reinstall, moving the configuration folder, reinstalling the Battle.net, disabling the antivirus, enabling secondary logon service, updating graphics card driver. Nothing helped.

I do not have any more time to spare trying to fix this, especially reinstalling the OS or some other wild meddling with the OS.

I hope that this will somehow be fixed eventually by some new update or maintenence. Until then, I’m taking a break.

The problem was Bitdefender. Before, I just disabled the protection and that didn’t help, because some other functionalities were still interfering so I uninstalled it completely and the game now works. But you may not need to uninstall it completely, just disable the following:

My problem was Bitdefender, so if you have the same problem and also have Bitdefender installed, open it, go to “Protection”, “Advanced Thread Defense”, “Settings” and disable “Exploit Detection”.

There was an issue with Diablo IV as well: