Unexpected fatal error occured

Dear Blizzard,

Another day, another unexpected fatal error occuring, causing me to lose a ranked match and get a leavers penalty.

I played the game a lot between Jan and May and came back to it in December and it ran completely fine, but in the last 2 weeks I seem to be getting this error at least every other day, so i’m sorry, it’s not me. It’s you.

Frustrating doesn’t even begin to describe playing your best on a long match and being booted with no hope to reconnect before the rubbish AI proceeds to feed and lose the game.

A “Fatal error” can be on your computer or it can be the game or both not working. To say that something worked “before” is never a solid fact for it to work now. (That’s what you hear 75% working at a support.)
Why? Because not only does the gamefiles get patched. So does your computer as well. Always keep that in mind when working together with any kind of support. There’s many more parts working together than only the programs (games included). You will have to go through the helping parts Blizzard has. Give them logs of what’s happening, again these are to be found in the help section. Then come back with all those logs and provide the information needed. This way it can be well dealt with.
Why this reply? I’d love to help you as well, but knowing nothing of your setup, your system updates, drivers or anything. It’s kinda hard to go forward for Blizzard as well - so I’d say, hit those support pages!

Good morning Xodiark,

Please go through the steps here to solve the issue.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi,

I performed all of these steps and didn’t have an issue today, however again just now I got kicked out of a game. I have to restart my PC because of this which takes a while and therefore the game gets lost before I am able to reconnect. I almost got back in today, but it was stuck on a “waiting for players” screen with options to vote.

Someone took some lovely time out of their day to send me private messages telling me that I shouldn’t be allowed to play the game.etc, that 4 people have reported me and that Blizzard are going to “sort me out”.

Is it really fair that I could potentially get banned from this happening frequently (including a leaver status and lost points on the match it happens in) and I would like to know your stance on the abusive messages. I reported them as it genuinely hurt me that someone could be so ignorant, but do not feel comfortable playing a game where such hate and abuse are rife.

Good morning Xodiark,

I am glad to hear that the initial issue was solved. About the abusive messages, I can’t really say anything about it because I haven’t seen them but reporting them is the right way to go and those reports will be handled accordingly because we take those reports seriously.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

Hi,

You must have misread my message since I stated that it did not sort it out and it happened again. Got it just now by even opening the game! It came up with this report ID 37F43EE8-2346-4562-94B4-F70BD822AFD8

As I previously told you, I went through all of the steps listed in your first message so am confused as to why it is still happening?

Edit: and here’s another one

2A182436-D5A1-4994-97E6-D4234E3B6880

Good morning,

Could you please post a DXDiag and MSInfo here. If the data is too big to be posted on the forum directly, you can use a page like pastebin.com and post the link to it here then.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?

I can’t post links

The DxDiag is only 26KB but the Msinfo is 4MB which would take me 8 pastebin files which I am not doing, what other way can I send the files?

Good morning Xodiark,

You can post a link by adding a “space” somewhere in the link. The size of the MSInfo indicates a huge error report which might indicate that there is more issues than just Heroes of the Storm not running properly.

You could also attach the files to a ticket to contact support if that suits you better.

Kind regards

What’s your opinion?