$60 BILLION company can't fix matchmaking

Aaron stated “fixes for an issue where players”

In software terms, an issue denotes the existence of some anomaly or flaw in a software system that requires resolution. Therefore, an Issue can be anything from a bug, missing or incorrect documentation, a request for changing a feature, or some other task to be accomplished.

They’re very much operating in the development world. Heyho, just you misunderstanding stuff again.

I perfectly understood
The problem is you think you’re smarter than you are, and that ego causes you problems.

Clearly not, but I can see why you would think that due to your ongoing dogmatism.

It’s nice to see you trying to think, how I think of myself.
It’s cute.

“For context we made several changes to matchmaking in S3. We’ll cover these and their impact(generally, really positive) in the next blog update. A byproduct of these changes was pulling gold players into GM lobbies. That’s what these fixes are targeted at.”

This is what he said in the tweet right after the one you read.
“A by product of these changes” means that the changes caused the issue.

Hi Hieiko,

Yep the message regarding the bug detailed the following “where players from a much lower skill tier would get pulled into higher skill games”.

The post before this was all around some fixes they brought in due to S3, which mentioned specifically only pulling “gold players into GM lobbies”.

As these were on separate comms, the tweet related to the individual issue could been in Prod from before S3.

Hopefully when they release the patch notes, the root cause will be detailed.

Was literally a reply to his own tweet a minute later.

You really will try anything to spin things won’t you.

I guess we’ll need to wait for the next blog update then.

“For context we made several changes to matchmaking in S3.” “A byproduct of these changes was pulling gold players into GM lobbies.”

Which is exactly what "where players from a much lower skill tier would get pulled into higher skill games” meant.

The tweets were posted on the same day, right after each other. Ergo, same topic.

1 Like

Indeed, we’ll have to see. They do usually add detail to their patch notes.

Well, it hasn’t been “fixed”. Matches yesterday was exactly the same. I was matched with and against Masters in several games. Either getting hard stomped or giving hard stomp. Not 1 balanced match yesterday.

Were they masters on the role they were playing??

I almost always Q for all roles, so it’s not something I keep track of.

So they had the master challenger name tag I guess??

What? I just look at people’s profiles when it is obvious that they are better or worse than me.

1 Like

Hey Xaero,

Given the amount of issues/fixes these guys are having to put out, who knows what else they’re introducing into Prod. They haven’t yet released comms to state that they believe that they’ve covered all factors that could be affective ‘good’ matchmaking so likely you’re still seeing this comps because they just haven’t been able to fix it yet.

They’re probably still trying to get beyond the “Hello World” text.

If they are master support but queued as a tank… What’s the issue. They aren’t master on that role.

That… Makes no sense.

You can be on an entire different skill tier on a different role as they play very differently.
You focus on different things, your awareness needs to be different. Different roles require different levels of aiming capability as well.

As a support you focus on your team the most. You have to know where all of them are at any given point and you have to track enemy cooldowns as well so you know when it’s safe to ult or use abilities.(also be aware of flankers and readily ping them)

Dps to my understanding requires better aim than most support characters. You also have to know all possible flanking routes and healthpack locations to be of best use to your team. You need to be ready to dive in and have the skill to prioritise your targets right but also require the knowledge of when to bail out.

Tanks are a bit closer to support as far as gameplay goes, but ypu can also just play super aggressive and hope your supports know what they’re doing.
As a tank you need to disrupt the enemy team, prioritise targets right but also be aware enough of your own team to know if they need your help. A sudden genji ult for example means that your team needs you right now or you’ve possibly lost the team fight. You also need tobe more aware of your ability usage and cooldowns to possibly rescue your entire team in a pinch.

I’d probably be mid bronze on dps if i bothered to do my placements on it, while i’ve reached gold on support.

If I finish the season in Master on tank, I get the “master challenger” name tag thing. Which I can put on.

If I then queue as support where I’m Gold, I’ll still have the master challenger name tag. Doesn’t mean I’m a master player on support though.

But… I am literally gold 3-4 on all roles. so it doesn’t make sense why I should need to play with or against Masters and GM’s

Because that’s how it works now. If the enemy has a diamond dps, your team has a diamond dps even if the rest of the dps is bronze. You have an equally ranked counterpart in the enemy team in the same role you’re in.
At least that’s how it’s supposed to work, don’t know yet how well it works in practice though.