Account suspend personal exp

Yosh! Everybody! :slight_smile:

With this new topic, I would like to share with you my personal experience with the account suspension. It is my 1st or maybe 2nd account suspension, I can’t really recall, and that last suspense troubles me about the reports and the report system. I won’t try to appeal cause I know that GMs are stubborn with that matter.

So, as I was saying above, I got suspended, yesterday, during a game. In that game, I was playing Mercy in a quick match with my best friend who was playing Roadhog. When we play together we are having fun with a little role play and such things (I call the Roadhog “my sugar daddy”). In that game the enemy baby D.va before she dies, she started using the emote “Hello” and “heart emote” to Roadhog and as Mercy, I just flew there and hit her with my staff (she died) and typed on general “Don’t hello and send hearts to my boyfriend u bitc…”. And after 2-3 secs the game logged me out and suspend me WHICH MEANS that someone in that game reported me for “Abusive Chat” for that thing which was a fun chat in general (I did not say anything else in the game such that).

I am not that kind of person who calls other players “noob” or “useless” or “garbage” or such toxic words and sentences like that… I am usually saying that “our DPSers don’t do their job” or “can u switch pls to another DPS since u are not good with it?” and such things. I am always using a kinda polite way to say it but APPARENTLY people think that this is toxic and abusive chat!

And I am thinking… wtf? If people are reporting for such things like the small role play above with D.va… they will report even for just a "can u switch to a Mei or Sombra" for example… So… the games push u to not use chat? or telling you that u have to find a polite way to not offend some1? and all that while a game running and u have to do ur job? These are some question that bothers me… but the report with the D.VA role play… was like… "who tf did that?"

Thank you for your time and reading my post. And sorry for my bad English? I guess…

1 Like

Add paragraphs and I might read.

there you are Lethal <3

Sounds like you are the one that’s stuborn and deserved it, especially considering you have been suspended before. Act normal, get your @#$ together and you won’t get suspended. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

Discussing a suspension or ban on the forums is forbidden btw.

Also don’t be surprised to be suspended when you’re toxic.

My sugar daddy don’t let me play!!!

Dad just 5 more minutes!!!

Lol, dude, some people will report you for carrying them to a win :smiley:
I have been reported for throwing while having 4 gold medals, a card on the board, a potg and a win.
He just didn’t like Torbjorn and reported me.

Some other guy reported me for being AFK, when i died and there were 7 seconds left on the clock.
I didn’t bother running forward, as it would have been useless, i never would have been able to reach the payload in time.
But he reported me, with less then 2 seconds on the clock.
Needless to say this guy was the cause of our loss.
It cost me an endorsement level and i have another notch on my belt.
Another false report that will get me suspended and banned at some point.

And don’t give me the bull@#$% of how i deserved it.
How somehow this is justified behavior and it is making the game better.
It’s not. No matter what arguemant you bring to the table.
The reporting system does nothing positive.
It doesn’t help with trolls, leavers, throwers or anything.
It only feeds resntment towards the game, the dev team and the community.

1 Like

People will erroneously report you for any reason they choose.

I think that quantity matters here, so if you give enough people motive to report you, then the system/mods will assume that you are guilty.

We’re all guilty of the odd bit of toxicity, so technically there’s always going to be justification for a mod to take action. I’m guilty of saying things that I shouldn’t, but I think for the vast majority of the time it’s in retaliation towards someone who started being toxic to me first. Still, it’s a democracy rule and those voting aren’t properly qualified to have that responsibility, because… well… they’re OW players.

After 1200+ hours on this game, I’ve learned to keep a healthy distance between myself and others. Occasionally I might interact with others, but, well take an incident yesterday for example.

First round complete. I’m on Mercy. Our DPS were really bad and they were playing the types of heroes that I can’t really fully support (Tracer/Doom). Our tanks were not providing a barrier (Ball/Hog). I type in the chat “Our DPS are bad, maybe get an Orisa?”, that way I’ll have someone sustain damage to support and we’ll get a barrier.

So, for me saying that I sure damaged someones ego, so I have to now spend the rest of the match suffering torrents of abuse about me playing Mercy and my profile being private, and me being “boosted” and have every move I make be questioned and analysed as the entire team descend on me like I’m the worst human alive.

Anyway, the end of the match comes and I’m the only person on our team with a card, most heals done. I’m sure I was reported for all sorts of things there. “Throwing” is an easy one to toss at someone you don’t like, “Abusive chat” was probably reported against me too.

So, why communicate? Why interact?

My advise really is to leave voice chat and have as little interaction with other players as possible and you’ll avoid being reported and saved the abuse. I’ve never been issued a warning or had action taken against me, because I don’t interact 99% of the time.

2 Likes

Did we met us a long time ago? :wink:

It’s so funny how people always know EXACTLY what they got reported for. And only for that single instance and never anything else. Completely ignoring how you need a massive amount of reports before anything ever happens, so those individuals who might report you don’t matter unless you missbehave all the time.

And yeah, OP used a word you shouldn’t use. Doesn’t matter it’s “role play”. That’s like the “It’s just a prank bro. Can’t get mad that I killed your dog, cause it was just a prank.” defense.

Stop blaming others, start taking responsibility.

3 Likes

using swear words / offensive or anything toxic in chat will lead to suspensions. so maybe you should have just shut your mouth if you are not going to say anything nice to people in chat.

Nope. Swearing =/= offensive chat.

There is truth in that, context and the type of swear word matters. If it’s a common sexist slur though, that’s offensive and no reasonable person would debate that. Now if you’d like to check the first post you will, in fact, see that it was a sexist slur. And it wasn’t used in the context of female dogs either.

Deserved it, you cannot expect others to join in your little role-play, specially strangers. Make custom modes/lobby’s for that. Even then “Rping” is no excuse for being rude.

Also like others have said, it takes way longer for reports to take action, so you were toxic in other matches too. Maybe learn from it and not expect strangers to be part of your RP desires.

In your case it was not deserved, no point trying to run to the point if you have a character who clearly cannot dash across the map in that time.

They really need a system where the report gives them a video of that match to them or least part of it to justify what was AFKing and what is not.

Yes, I did read the OP, but I wasn’t responding to OP directly. The guy I responded is, well, a troll, and I just want clarify that swearing (in it’s self) isn’t bannable before anyone starts reporting people for it.

Fair enough. I should have read the entire dialogue there.

ye, im deaf so im not in voice - brings me 1 suspend per season as a nice ‘thank you’. Apparently im not communicating enough (i actually use hotkeys with text and type). Maybe i should join the voice just to let em hear my manly moans.

Far as I am aware, unless they abuse certain parts of the report function, you should be safe from reports.
Texting in chat often is evidence to be used against you for reports even if all you said was Hi.

I read a lot that you cannot be told off or reported for what is said in voice without video proof.

I would just not use chat and just let the team know by the UNDERSTOOD button if you got what they have done, or just say in voice chat you are death and is the reason you only use in-game commands/cannot hear them.

You think they would have something for those who are deaf for teams such as other in-game commands and such you could use instead, maybe commands such as

• Flanker
  • Enemy behind us
  • Tank low
  • Attack (enemy) (depending who ya aim is on)

(course this would be part of the writing on screen option)

Would really help those who cannot use voice chat or hear them. But guess it be too many buttons for people to handle.

talking like that only allowed for a famous players like dafran or aimbotcalvin

I once sent in a video with voice included of a guy being extremely toxic and I got a response from Blizzard that they won’t take video submissions as evidence for toxic behaviour. Unlucky for me but I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind this. Anyway, what you read is not true.