BEST Suggestion for Overwatch 2

Blizzard Entertainment (Microsoft) should release an update that includes a freedom of speech option for the players who want to talk in game

1 Like

You are already free to express any opinion you want in game.

Or, do you mean you want to be free from the consequences of such things?

2 Likes

It would be nice to have.

1 Like

This would be handy if you were wanting to talk casually in a private group(Not sensoring swear words and all that when talking with friends). But having it in match/team chat would be highly problematicā€¦

1 Like

I want to talk in game, so I press enter to open the chat and press keys on my computer to type words, when Iā€™m done, I press enter again.

If I want to speak in game, I first make just I joined the voice chat by pressing ā€˜Pā€™, and then I press the key bound to ā€˜push to talkā€™ (you can check which one it is for you in the settings) and then I talk. Once Iā€™m done I release the key.

2 Likes

Yeah, youā€™ve got to be completely oblivious to think you donā€™t have the freedom to say anything you like in game.

1 Like

depends on what you mean. If its about gender talk, politically incorrect humor maybe or outright harassment, those are all different things based on severity but will probably be punished in the same way, I suspect.
If you mean, getting a bit frustrated without using derogatory language nor being toxic overall, thatā€™s allowed because thatā€™s what we should be aiming for in the game weā€™ve all played, even with a fair bit of betrayal from the devs/studio at times.

2 Likes

to be frank tho, getting punished for saying something the devs donā€™t like, as in different perspectives on genders, diversity, politics and such doesnā€™t seem like ā€œfreedom to say anything you like in game.ā€
I mean, itā€™s their game and they decide at the end of the day, but letā€™s be honest.

1 Like

You are 100% free to say it.

But freedom of speech doesnā€™t mean freedom from consequences. And if a private platform doesnā€™t want to be associated with something you say, they are just as free to remove it or the person saying it.

Ultimately, the subject you mention, some of the takes border on hate speechā€¦ so people canā€™t be surprised when it is taken down. They are still totally free to say it if they want though.

1 Like

Would not acknowledging the new heroes pronouns due to the voice in the trailer count as hate speech to you? Cause for a small amount of people, it would, while for many others it wouldnā€™t.
I personally only refer to the new hero as Venture without getting myself into useless trouble, and what Iā€™m saying isnā€™t incorrect either.

1 Like

No. I am a grown adult, I call people by their name if I know it. I respect others and will use the pronouns they want me to use if and when the situation (which is rare) arises.

As will everyone in game.

Also, for reference if you want to know what the correct pronoun is, look at the VAā€™s Twitter profile. They use ā€œhe/she/themā€ā€¦ So will you ā€œget in trouble for using the wrong oneā€. No. For 2 reasons.

1. people arenā€™t that bothered, just seems the ā€œantiā€ crowd want to make a scene about it
  2. there isnā€™t a wrong one for Venture.
2 Likes

Thatā€™s fair, I guess? While Being he/she/them is impossible, I would honestly just use the pronouns that fit the person, thatā€™s just me. Feels legitimately weird for me to use pronouns for someone I donā€™t think the pronouns fit. As in biologically, I donā€™t simply judge by looks or uncertainties nor do I have something personal against someone like the voice actor.

1 Like

It isnā€™t. That is where you border on hateā€¦ refusing to accept people for who they are.

Which is fine, but that is the one they choose/ask for. That is what they deem ā€œfitsā€ them. You are not the one to tell them otherwise.

This isnā€™t the place to be having such discussions. So best to end this here, or you will just end up having threads removed and that isnā€™t neccesary.

I would add, just read this, learn and move forward. h ttps://uwaterloo.ca/biology/mission-and-vision/department-biology-equity-diversity-and-inclusion-edi/pronouns-fact-sheet

Enjoy the new season tomorrow. Hope it treats you well!

2 Likes

Sorry but I wonā€™t be reading a DEI site. BUT I do wish you a happy season start as well and much luck in your matches.

Well, it is your right to choose the path of ignorance.

Good luck to you too. (Too much Orissa for me atm)

1 Like

Is this your new account Smallpackage?

Nope. This account is old af

facts, so annoying to play against.

It is, isnt it, you are one sad puppy, I would probably adopt, you.

Hey I cook for my dogs, so its a priviledged life. Forest walks, beach visits, medicals out of the pocket, so dont complain. Duck, deer, lamb, ofc cow, but also exotics like kangaroo and ostrish. I had kangaroo burger myself, mmm fatty delicious.

1 Like

Yep.

Problem is. If they nerf itā€¦ Hog will be meta.

Then theyā€™ll buff Orissa again to deal with Hog.

The never ending circle of tank turd.