can we get vanilla Overwatch

yes im talking talking about when roadhog had a oneshot hook
yes im talking talking about when hanzo had scatter arrow
yes im talking talking about when when mercy had a 5 man rez ultimate
yes im talking talking about when D,va had a 4 seconds defense matrix
yes im talking talking about when symmetra was a healer
i want all that back compared to what the game is now

if the game was in this state when I should have bought it for the first time,
well to put it another way,i would never buy this game to this date as it is now
but hey i bought the game 3 times 1 on ps4 2 on pc,that i like this game is an understatement

PS i had to post this once again Blizzard CLOSED my old but same topic,thank you Blizzard for my freedom of speech i love you too

152 Likes

No thanks. Does not sound like an appealing idea.

I’m all for player choice, but something like this would hurt the game. For starters it would split the player base, which means longer queues. Every developer working on this means less talent working on the actual game.

I’d rather have them focus all of their resources on the current OW. Not to mention I think the game has improved since then.

Also, can this please not be a thing? People asking for “vanilla” on every game just because? It’s a self-defeating request.

18 Likes

i agree the player base would split,

but i am one that prefers old overwatch than to the current state of it,

where in the current state, abilities that reward players for spamming and constant cc has made it more difficult for the game.
all enjoying game play has been nerfed or removed for balance and toxicity is returning and blizzard hasn’t done anything to addressed it.

i would like to say that overwatch has grown and improved through out the years but it hasn’t,
and im not saying vanilla is perfect, but i would like it if blizzard could turn down some of the changes they have made.

11 Likes

yes i agree with you i think that overwatch was best the first year it was more based on shooting now it’s more based on which team has the most armor and or most tanks adding spam / luck / random to this and you will not have fun if you are on the opposite team and you can not counter this effectively either, this is not a pro team against another pro team this is random players in QP and competitive.

9 Likes

I will admit that I was hoping for more of a shooting and aming experiences when I started this game for the first time not spam and luck and this armor thing is just sad

4 Likes

They should make an arcade mode of the og game

30 Likes

Since when was symmetra a healer?

2 Likes

this is not the same game that I bought and loved 2+ years ago, when I buy a spider-man game then I expect to play as a spider-man and not as bat-man 2 years later, that’s the problem here,
and if it would split the player base by making a vanilla game then its fine by me, I’d rather sit and wait 5/10m longer and get fun games
enn to wait one minute to get a spammy tank heavy filled with armor games

8 Likes

I agree with this good idea, give this man / woman a salary increase, oh people who have such kind of ideas do not work for blizzard, im sad now :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

I assure you, 5 years from now, people will call your idea genius …

11 Likes

There was a time when the game was better and had 4 roles. Symetra was a defense hero, google it.

my heart says yes my brain says no

4 Likes

If the old game was favored by players who like to aim then it’s clear that those players want the old “vanilla” game to come back. And those who like the current game can play the current game but those players do not have to let it go Beyond those who like to aim to win this is selfish on their part just for a shorter waiting time
IF a overwatch vanilla game was possible to make
in my humble opinion :bowing_man::bowing_woman:

2 Likes

I wish it could be possible but it’s unlikely to happen (At least for now). I remember that I used to enjoy it on every single day but after the whole mess of Season 10. I do barely play the game anymore and just moved to CS GO/LoL.

1 Like

As much as I hate the current hitscan hanzo I would hate to play vs scatter arrow again.

2 Likes

Storm Arrows: 420bodyshots or 840 headshots damage Cooldown 10 seconds
Scatter Arrow: approximately 450 damage Cooldown 10 seconds

let it sink in a bit
but to be honest, I think he does not really need a second damage arrow he should have had another passive arrow like a smoke arrow or something

11 Likes

In vanilla McCree did low long-range damage while Fan the hammer did 70 damage per bullet and had 0.75s recovery time instead of the 0.3s it now has. Sniper McCree was fixed before the game was released so it wouldn’t exist. Besides Widowmaker had quickscope mechanics, lower ultimate cost and higher base damage on scoped shots so they’d roll any vanilla McCree’s

1 Like

you’re right my information on mccree is wrong i will delete the mccree section on this
Thank you for your information

1 Like

Ill play that, vanilla was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than what we have now

11 Likes

If I knew overwatch would become this I would have never bought it in the first place,they should just add new maps and champions intead of screwing what was already good

5 Likes