Can we get a vanilla Overwatch game?

I haven’t been here in a while, so please remind me; do I like you, or are we internet enemies? After this post I love you.

Yeah well, having two completely different versions of a hero available in a build at the same time may not be possible with the current design of the game. And, I am fairly sure the team really want people to stop pining for older, discarded, versions.

One approach I would like to see as a Custom Game feature is either allowing for Legacy versions of heroes (For all the wacky fun that would lead up to) to be selectable as a preset, such as Mass-Res Mercy verses Valk. Mercy; or being able to have more custom hero configuration in Custom Games (like giving Mercy’s Healing passive to Soldier: 76)

I’m usually not looking for enemies. Sometimes I feel like I have to step up against the dark forces and/or troll the trolls. :joy:

When people ask for older versions it always reminds me of installing some older badass games out of nostalgy just to find out how bad they are based on today’s standards.

I seem to recall us being on the same page most of the time, tbh. And most of those times were people bitching about pretty much the same things as now. Except I haven’t seen anyone tell me how Brigitte can 1v1 everyone with her little flail, especially the ones far away.

1 Like

This is a very good idea Let’s hope that Jeff sees this and considers it,
maybe take inspiration from it.

One can only dream and hope something will happen.

Oh, what about Bastions shield from b4 Genji was released in Open Beta! Yea lets bring that back too! Derp!

Fun fact. Custom Games. No, I’m serious.

Custom games won’t make the game back to vanilla. While you can change cooldown, damage, health, etc. You can’t chancge the core mechanic of heroes. Things like pre-rework heroes aren’t possible to make in custom games.

You can, however disable specific heroes so only the Day one heroes are playable.

Oh right. I forgot Blizz doesn’t care about them…

It’s actually the opposite: Players don’t care about Blizzard. They knew and were willing that things will get added an changed and yet they demand to let the game stay in the version they like the most.

I get why people complain about “how the past was better” but that’s the nature of such games: They change. All you can do is eat, sleep, adapt and repeat.

In this thread, however, they are asking for an optional game or game mode. When new changes work, asking for an addition is always better than asking for a revert. Being able to change the rework version of a hero in custom games would be a neat addition. It should be set by major rework patches, not any patch in general, to make decision making easier.

Perhaps some of them didn’t know. There are a lot of games that change much less than OW. The reason for a lot of change in OW is probably the in-game hero switch. People are expected to use a set of heros not only a favourite one. The OTPs don’t like this and demand specific versions in which their favourite hero is powerful.

In-game hero switch makes it possible to add a lot of heros, counters, changes to existing heros. But OPTs don’t want this.

I think a lot of people attribute this only the changes/patches to the game but there are a lot of other significant factors too:

• Everything feels better and more exciting when it is new.
  • When you start playing a new game you don’t yet know the flaws. Easier to see things through rose tinted glasses.
  • At the beginning and end of the lifecycle of the game there are less casuals.

It would be a lot of work without much added value. I don’t have numbers but in my opinion most people would play the latest version. Custom games aren’t used by most people.

If the majority of the playerbase are interested in specific versions then chances are good that 1.0 isn’t everyone’s favourite. Adding a lot of different versions to satisfy everyone would split the playerbase and would make things even more complicated.

2 Likes

I’d say an arcade game of that state of overwatch would be better

I wonder if people think about stuff like Mercy being the only true healer in 1.0, McCree doing 70 damage per shot with FtH, Dva having 4 sec defense matrix etc…

1 Like

The difference is : mercy is still somehow unbalanced, now hanzo does 70dmg with FTH instead of mccree, and d.va is still one of the best chars in the game.

As you can see next to nothing ha really changed in 3 years

1 Like

It sounds like you haven’t played much Overwatch :slight_smile:

Well, with your flawless argumentations you won this round

are you serious i honestly can not tell?
and if you are
WHAT ???

I would love scatter back