Can we get a vanilla Overwatch game?

So the hook was autoaim too?

Who said it was autoaim, merely highlighting that players constantly had frustration with that combo that caused Blizz to do something. Do i think it was no skill, not really, but a lot of other people thought it was cheap and too easy to get away with.

That is “no fun”, not “no skill”. Doomfist is of a similar category. Nobody in their right mind would tell you he requires no skill, its simply not fun to be killed by him. “no skill” and “no fun” are fundamentally different.

When you are in the receiving end it’s no different, players will make no distinction between no skill or no fun. That’s why things change in the game for the wrong reasons.

They are being willfully ignorant then, not a big deal. Its only a big deal when Blizzard listens to them.

I would really appreciate this as a brawl, or even ridiculous new abilities weekly (hanzo scatter storm arrow OP hahah)

COMPLETELY agree. I don’t even care about the moves, I just wanna play with the same old characters :/// its not the same now

that’s stupid.

you can’t be serious.

I did not play the game back then,but to me it did look like OW was more like a FPS game “what it is described as be by its developers” before then what it is now.

here’s an idea that might be able to fix this issue…
simply make old abilities available, sort of like power cards …( with proper balance of course ) the issue with playing rock paper scissor game will be over because the same hero can have many other play styles !

bring back scatter arrow!!!

so the game will be more like Paladins then?

hate it or like it but paladins are doing a much better job at balancing their heroes…
but the idea i have in mind isn’t exactly like paladins,
this of it like for an example “you have certain amount of points at the start of the game and each ability cost a certain amount” imagine getting sym auto lock gun and new sym teli… or her personal shield and the shield eating new gun.

The thing is though Paladins isn’t balanced in a way that you are allowed to switch heroes during matches. Each champion has to bring enough so that gaps can be filled, ok sure you won’t get a tanking healer, but knowing they can mix and match their cards to complement the team can go a long way. Overwatch doesn’t need these when switching heroes is easy.

true, it can be an issue, but all issues can be fixed with the proper way, one of the main reasons to switch mid game is because the enemy team is running heroes to counter you, but with a powers as you said the gabs can be filled and switching won’t be needed

Though the whole point of Overwatch is to switch heroes to counter or compliment, that’s the general concept behind it. I get what you are saying, but if people don’t need to switch (because of cards or whatever), we’ll just end up with more meta teams and certain heroes will just never be used at all

matter in fact even pros are having issues with this counter of compliment method, they call it rock paper … and i disagree with you on heroes won’t be used, you see i used to play sym a lot before the rework, after that she became dead to me,
being able to use auto lock on her and roasting enemies while dancing around them and laughing in an evil manner is something i want back again
i think allowing people to pick powers will even bring back people who dumped reworked heroes.

Better to move forward, in my opinion. You say you’d rather have the old problems than the new ones we have now. That isn’t really productive, is it?

Roadhog’s one shot, Mercy’s 5-man rez and other things were not health for the game. Everyone goes through bad phases as they progress and so do games. It is far better to voice opinion and seek out direct discussion with developers.

Many people will find it hard to do so. They’ll either not be bothered to go beyond the forums, have their attempts at communicating over some platforms shutdown, or their direct attempts will be met with silence or an automated response.

But if you want change for the better, then you must talk directly to the people involved.

Also, Hanzo will forever be a problem in the game. No matter if you go back or forward, as long as he is in the game then the game will have problems! ^^

Can we at least get someone who can make this game in the Workshop? could be fun and nostalgic to try from time to time, but not as a whole new expansion or game on its own, could be an official arcade game from Blizz which would be pretty cool to have it as authentic as it gets.

Nice topic mate.

1 Like

well we got vanilla WOW so i will use more off my time inn that game now
and have fun,yes fun in the game that is now fun its was unfun but now its fun,
Take notes Jeff and OW balancing team.

2 Likes