Capped at 60 fps no matter what i do

Hey there,
so i started playing the game again after a couple months, patched it, started playing, realized im capped at 60 fps even tho that wasnt the case before i stopped playing a couple months ago.
i checked vsync, i reset the ingame options, i put the energy settings on the graphics card to full performance.
its not fun to play with the input lag that 60 fps gives you, so im starting to get desperate about solving this issue.
uninstalling and redownloading the game might be an option, but itll take time and might not even solve the issue.

Specs: i7-4790
gtx 970
16 gigs of ram

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

set graphics to low and fps to custom and set it to 300

1 Like

Thats what i already did…

1 Like

what was your fps before you stoped

1 Like

somewhere in the ballpark of 200+

1 Like

go on the battle app
options for overwatch
repair and fix

1 Like

already did that too tho
maybe ill just redownload the game?

2 Likes

yeah try that
think that would work

1 Like

done now, was faster than i thought thanks to my great internet, problem still persists, dunno what else to do other that updating graphics card driver, which i think has a very low chance of actually fixing that issue :frowning:
guess i can go for all ultra high settings now that i cant achieve over 60 fps :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you’re using outdated drivers, I would recommend updating them, Meadowbloom. :confused:
This said though, try also resetting your video driver settings.
Another thing you could try, is turning off Dolby Atmos in the sound options menu (should be the very last option if I recall correctly), and trying a different monitor port, if possible.

Note: keep in mind that in-game menus are capped at 60 FPS!

Feedback? Click here! Blizzard EU - Customer Service Forum Representatives Surveys - Vyraneer

2 Likes

So i found out that changing the graphipcs cards energy options to max performance was the problem. when i let the 3d application decide i have the uncapped fps, but for whatever reason the maximum performance setting caps the fps at 60. now i can have fun again, thanks for the help :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that with us Meadowbloom, happy to hear you found a solution. :slight_smile:

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

2 Likes

Had the same problem but the fix was different.
Had one of my screens duplicated and that was the reason the game was running on only 60fps .When I turned off screen duplication the issue was fixed.The screen that was duplicated was not the one the game was running on.

1 Like

Thank you soooooo much for sharing the solution <3

Could you exactly describe what option you selected?

I’d imagine he’s referring to:

• Right click desktop
  • NVIDIA control pannel
  • Program settings
  • Select (or add) Overwatch
  • Power management mode: prefer maximum performance
2 Likes

Hello. I had the same issue but different cause, I wanted to share the solution. For me, the setting that was messing up was VSync, I turned that off from overwatch settings and it fixed it.

Had the same issue… try going to the NVIDIA control panel. go to 3d settings and check if there is any setting that interferes with the FPS cap in the “Global settings” tab, you should also check the “Program settings” tab as well just to make sure that there aren’t any settings capping your fps on Overwatch.

Hopefuly this helps

Closing older threads about this topic. For all the most common causes and solutions, check out this support article: Framerate Capped in Overwatch - Blizzard Support or one of the more recent threads, such as Framerate capped only when character is alive.