Cheaters in OW with AImLock (Clearly visible in replays at speed 2.5)

Hi guys!

I have found a lot of cheaters and many of them use aim lock with the same mechanism where their crosshair is locked to targets based on the number of frames they have. My monitor is 360hz and I’m playing at 355fps. And sometimes I see in the replay how my enemies or teammates lock on targets, and their snap works depending on the number of their frames in the game. And when you set the replay rate to 0.25, you can definitely see strange snaps with some pauses to the targets depending on their frame rate.

For example this game: 4F0SR1
It is better to watch on speed 0,25
You could start watch the game from f0mt0m camera of view at 4:51

1. check how he is snapping to own moira on 4:55
  2. check how he have tried to kill own moira first and after own ball.
  3. at 4:59 his camera snapping to solider. And then the camera starts to follow with locking to him. And you can see these identical time pauses between locking.
  4. at 4:52 he did recall without any reason. Good player will use just blink on this situation.
  5. at 5:05 his aim looks weird and perfect again with same time pauses between locking on hog
  6. at 5:13 his camera did snap to Ana through the wall.
  7. at 5:15 he spent last blink for a medical pack what is showed his low skill.
  8. at 5:18 he is dead cuz he dint have any blinks or his reaction was not good enough to push button recall.

Anyway, the main thing is aiming with temporary pauses on the target, which seems to happen if you have a low frame rate, because the AimLock program works according to this number of frames per second on your machine.

Excellent. I hope you reported them if you think they were cheating.

Nothing else you can do.

1 Like

How do I can chek video from this post,where I can pass the code?

I report maybe 2-3 players for cheating every two weeks, and I always get pop up a week after with ”actions have been taken” or what it says (just woke up can’t remember)

Lately it’s been mainly esp I’ve been reporting.

One clear example:
Me Sombra, am in stealth, enemies have no hanzo nor widow to reveal my location.
My dad knocks on door to ask me something and I think “my team can manage without me for a couple of seconds” so still being in stealth I stand in a corner.
Out of nowhere enemy echo comes beaming me to death aiming straight at me where I was hiding in the corner.
I loudly say WTF then ask in chat “how did you know where I was?” And the echo replies “luck”
Luck when rest of team is nowhere near me?

I know the difference between good game sense and plain cheating.

Most of the time it’s either latency or your own suckiness that makes you think the enemy is cheating. Whenever something is off I take some minutes to analyse it, what did I do wrong, similar experiences, just trying to find an explanation to what just happened in that game. If there is no logical explanation with everything from positioning to latency and my own mistakes then I report cheating.

I don’t blindly report like so many others do. Most reports for cheating is when people can’t accept they suck or have latency issues it’s not my fault wuuuuaaaa

I haven’t noticed many obvious cheaters in my game yet thankfully. I think they’re quite rare.

1. copy code
  2. open overwatch
  3. Right click your name in the top right corner, select ‘career profile’
  4. select ‘Replays’ tab
  5. click ‘import’ (bright yellow button, right side of screen near the top)
  6. paste in code, you should get a ‘match loaded’ notification if the code is valid
  7. select ‘view’

You can report codes you import the same way you’d report a player.

1 Like

Thank you so much. <3 @Tobias

1 Like

This type of cheater with AimLock program, whose mechanism is related to fps, is easy to find when you have more monitor hertz than the cheater, their aiming looks like a step-by-step movement towards the target.

Another game code example is W2JSVA. Where the RUSHR player shoots merci from 03:01 to 03:04, and when his sight is near the enemy model, this micro click is visible with the same time pauses. I can clearly see in 360fps how his scope just skips frames and has pauses. You can also see this on the 0.25 replay. It looks like it’s just AimLock, which is related to its 144 frames.

It seems to me that the developers should introduce the recognition of this Aimlock mechanism into their anti-cheat system. Seems like a pretty literal and doable task.

maybe they already do

you can help them und send your codes to: hacks@blizzard.com … but dont forget to report ingame always

blizz bans in waves & phps they collect data meanwhile. till the next wave start

well. i had experience with aimbot back to the old days when i had custom modern warfare server. from what i saw and my experience playing overwatch with a probability of 70% i can say he is cheater. so how it works then and why cheater still missed sometimes? i think TC is right and cheat is being disabled for moments during shooting (maybe he locked option for aiming on additional button). it’s done to assure he is aiming with mouse only. but his target lock on body confusing me. so maybe he is experinced OW player then? well. why he is only gold then? also that death from hog is really strange. he had whole charge of blink ready. i never saw professional players on tracer with charges during shooting despite they were preparing some trick/ to escape or throw bomb and escape for example. that dude fighting hog wasn’t preparing anything obviously. so he just wasted blink. the only real option I see is a gifted shooter but a bad player. but how this option is “real” judge for yourself. also i saw professional players aiming on widow for example. it looks like aimbot but mostly whole another level of play. and they dont waste abilities like this tracer.
so what my argument is? this guy not experienced enough to have such aiming.

The most useless thing he could do. But he did more and created topic. Things should be discussed. These reports work numerically. If cheater smart enough to hide his activity then single report will do nothing. There should be special department in company to watch reports or really good anti cheat. I saw one in SW Battlefront 2 from EA. This thing detects % of your aiming and can ban you in a few games. So even cheaters have to disable aimbot at least for some time.

All you can do is report them.

You can discuss it, show evidence and so on, and that is all nic elle. Helps people see things that have happened.

But most people who shout cheater, are usually proven wrong.

So, best thing to do if you suspect someone’s cheating. Just report and get on with the game, doing what you can to get by. If they are cheating, they’ll be getting a lot of reports.

If they only get your single report… Chances are they weren’t cheating.

Thank you for email! I will do it!

Right! I also thought about an additional aim lock button. Because I have seen situations where, for example, Widow first fired into the air and only after that aimed her own sight at me. Looks like the cheater didn’t press the lock button at the same time as shooting.

And yes, I also don’t think reports in game really help fight against cheaters.

Example from today: GP7CFG
Whole game the camera of view of player with nickname Midnight looks really weird, and especially when he is shooting by Mei with perfect aim our Dzen during his ult. Check 17:08

Q2RED3
Widow instead of flicking she is moving cursor with Ana movement and you can see this micro locking according her fps. 2min 4sec.

1 Like

I have never come across obvious aim lock until recently. There was an enemy Torb running around with one.

Q2RED3
Widow instead of flicking she is moving cursor with Ana movement and you can see this micro locking according her fps. 2min 4sec.

What do you think about these three:
NBGDYN

Baptist, Hanzo and soldier

I checked the replay. And I think it’s definitely the same type of AimLock! You can see this Baptist AimLock running at around 60fps. And his teammates have about 144 dps. Same thing again, same pause time between locking on targets.

They are so obvious cheaters, but no amount of reports can help.

Don’t report then.

But crying doesn’t help either.

checked your too. More looks like triggerbot (it help to aim in and looks like flickshot, but usually have little differences. Like don’t continue move after shot and stuck on the targer. Cheaters prefer just get off right-click aim to move then). More see here it’s quick changing target without move on the screen. I call those moves “blinks”. You can see it on close your timing when widow looked on rein at 2:00.
But your 2:04 looks suspicions too. Like aimlock. So i think it’s somekind soft there.
3:11 killing Lucio. Blink aim. Seen this a lot. Usually on mcree, widow, ash and others.
4:05. same here. Players like him don’t aim on target, but around them. It help cheat do its work.
4:15 hog kills. I don’t tell something. Sometimes even without cheats u can do the same. But there u can detect hand movement.
7:42 zen killing.
If i remember this right, cheat use a certain distance to activate it. I mean you need to be closer or further to make it work. Let me explain. Some sort of this can see on 9:40 after shot Winston. Cheat is trying to get aim closer with “blink”.

Game from today: 1TDKYN

Funny dps cheaters on opposite teams, both played as Ashe. It looks like a competitive cheat mode.

Ashe Player Creed, you can see at 01:11 that she’s shooting nowhere, but she still has a dmg reg.

Ashe Player MyWay, here you can see how it locks into position where the tracer was at 3:19.

Yep, I see what you mean.
I hope the devs do something about the cheaters because I feel like these issues have started popping up more frequently in the last 2 months, like the obvious AimLock.

1 Like

um… there is dynamite’s tinkle)) Creed completly fine. Or i didn’t notice anything.
but Myway ash in 1:54. Look it closely. How aim locked on enemy-ash-creed in the end. And then have some blinks.
2:20 blink. Oh, btw. Usually you can see blinks after their target was lost due to an obstacle. For example, a pillar. Walls.
2:45 see how strange last shot is?
Your 3:19 - yeah. cheat didn’t have aim-speed to catch you. So it lost in the middle way.
7:32 he’s angry :smiley: and blink.
7:46 another one
8:25 mcree’s grenade.
Probably mercy is playing with him in the group.

For myself, I have created a list of distinctive features that help me identify cheaters by the principles of their behavior.

1. Usually do not move the aim during the road to the point (when protecting)
  2. Stand up without moving at various points of the match when they are not fighting (set up anti-cheat)
  3. Have inflated HSV - spray graffiti so many times (think they’re cool), teabag, ez in the chat in the end (or trying to taunt you, dismorality. Unfortunately, some point of dismorality can get from your own teammates, which ones didn’t see that cheaters-stuff and blame you cuz you “bad”. Hello reports.)
  4. Have blinks. A teleporting sight during a shot, without moving your hand, unexpectedly appearing on your head (usually on Ash, Widow, McCree).
  5. In addition to Aimlock, there are other cheats, such as Triggerbot, Software, Aimbot, Wallhack, AimAssist, Legit and others.
  6. Usually cheaters are increasing their aim-speed to maximum. Helps not to limit cheat actions. You’ll notice someday how their aim quickly drives across the screen, but they aim at you almost perfectly.
  7. As I wrote earlier - they need to have a certain distance to the target to activate the cheat. On the example that you quoted, there is about aim. And sometimes they need to get closer themselves and it doesn’t work at a long distance. That’s why they stand up without moving to correct this value.
  8. The cheat has a “disable” button with just one click. But just such moments help to identify them.