Comp Classic Please Jeffery

Dear Mr Kaplan / Team,

Can we have a comp classic mode, you know like it was before role queue ruined our lives?

Just exactly as it was in Season 16, Can rename it Comp Classic Season 1 if you want.

Need to get on with our lives and be able to flex.

Thanks for listening.

Loutish.

2 Likes

Hello.

It’s your opinion.

I don’t agree with you, I think role queue is better than previous system.

Thanks for listening.

Mreow.

Comp classic would not effect your role queue system, they won’t listen anyway. The loud minority have spoken.

Ofcourse it would affect it the dps queue times are bad now can you imagine what it will be lime with a split playerbase.

Wouldn’t be split, most people (I think) would go back to classic and role queue would die in time or become a niche option like mystery heros. Anyway as I said it wont happen. All about longing it out until something new comes along now.

I gotta ask though how do you know its the loud minority?

Most ppl on tbe forums prefer role que. The vast majority on reddit and Twitter prefer role que AND most pros and youtubers have stated it has effectively saved the game.

They are listening to tbe majority.

You tubers, Streamers make money from paying lip service to Blizz, as do “pros” I suspect.
If you need confirmation of the amount of anger involved in this read Role Queue Update over on the US forums.
My own friends list also confirms that people are not playing comp since role queue. Used to be loads on every night, now 2 or 3. I’m glad you are happy with role queue, but trust me there are many many who are in pieces because of it.

But tbe forums are an extremely small sample seei g as 80% or more of tbe ppl who pmay tbe game never go onto tbe forums.

And no youtubes and lros do nit get paid by blizzard to be yes men lom

lol of course they do, no one would watch a miserable old b******d like me droning on about how their life has been ruined by Scott Mercers implementation of the role queue system.

They want to watch some smiling gimp with funny coloured hair and piercings going “HEY YOUTUBE, ROLE QUEUE has SAVED OVERWATCH”

More Hits, More Money.

They only get hits if most viewers agreed with them.

If most ppl hated role queue like you say tben tbey aint going to watch a youtube vid of someone singing its praise.

Disagree completely, people don’t just watch videos of people they agree with. Utter nonsense. I watch videos of people with opposing political views to my own, because of an interest in politics, for example.

Believe what you like. Role que idms here to stay znd most ppl are happy with it.

I disagree that most people are happy with it. All you have to do is read the forums or go and play to see this. As long as you are happy though - what’s it matter eh?

The forums are an extremely small percentage of tbe playerbase. And even then most ppl prefer it.

Just tbe ppl who like it dont need to make forum posts saying tbat.

Not my experience…

We no it wont be because you have a biased hate towards role que.

1 Like

Nothing to do with bias, it’s what I am reading and seeing. Also the implementation of it has been a disaster.

And what im reading and seeing says the opposite so i suppose we just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I rarely see anyone who says role queue is good. IT changed ONE slight problem, and that was 5 dps. Yes it would happen, but no was it so bad that you couldnt play around it. For flex players like me this change is terrible. Oh terrific GOATS is gone, that meta was broken, but it was still better to deal with than 2 shields, Bunker and bloody Mei Reaper comps. Revert or at least let us SHOW them that people prefer the old system. Usually the people that like role queue, you could easily lay out all the downsides vs the 1 upside. Not to mention how bad it made queue times…

yeah people tend to exaggerate in order to make this weak point look more severe. I largely agree to what you’ve said, rq has more downsides than it had any upsides, with one of them being watered down into oblivion by dps players polluting non-DPS queues. The only one valid remaining argument are role-specific SR but I’m more than willing to trade that off against freedom of flexplay and shorter queues.