Constant DCs: Blizzard can't afford proper server and networking šŸ¤”

Serious, itā€™s one thing to have garbage networking which throws people from the comp every 1 min, but itā€™s something else to punish people with Como temp bans for your own god-damn incompetence at setting up proper networking.

Poor indie company canā€™t afford proper server/networking :man_facepalming:

1 Like

If you do some research youā€™ll find the servers were subject to a ddos attack.

Nothing they can really do.

Also, the servers are owned by Google (I believe). So again, not really a blizzard issue.

Well if it was their servers that was bad, everyone would get DCā€™edā€¦
But since its not, it must be on your endā€¦

So Iā€™ve been on their twitter, blizzardcs and blizzardcseu_en aswell as checking the overwatch twitters. Iā€™ve also checked launcher and forums. I canā€™t find this info from blizz. So Iā€™ve done ā€˜some researchā€™ and canā€™t find it. Info like this should be easy to find yet I canā€™t find it at all. Donā€™t act as if itā€™s so easy to find. You make it sound like people are dumb for not knowing.

Itā€™s not hard to find at all.

Google, first article.

h ttps://dotesports.com/news/blizzard-entertainment-games-experiencing-outages-on-dec-14-due-to-ddos-attack

Ofc they can, it;'s called a DDOS protection.

Oh, and how did you come to this conclusion considering the fact that half of the people in the game got kicked out all the time every 1min? Or maybe you are not aware of the fact that there is more than one server on the network, and only some of them can be affected?

Itā€™s not the first time when he says things which either arenā€™t true, or are an utter misinformation.

Bit late after the event.

Everything is easy to solve with hindsight.

Also, they donā€™t own the servers, so it is literally nothing they can do.

out of curiosity, what did you google. Cause nothing I googled made that come up. If this is a major issue it should be easy to find

Blizzard server ddos

Nothing too complex.

from blizzard i mean

ALERT! Server issues due to DDoS attack (ENDED)

ENDED

Nothing from Blizzard. All info about yesterdayā€™s attack were posted by 3rd party.
But then the attack was yesterday, and todayā€™s issues are not the outcome of yesterdayā€™s attacks so again where is the god-damn DDoS protection in a multimillion-dollar company XD

2 Likes

Captain Hindsightā€¦ You do know that blizzard donā€™t own or run the servers these games are hosted on.

They are on Googleā€™s servers, as part of the big deal that took OWL and CDL to YouTube.

And you can have all the systems and protections in place. If someone wants to attack, theyā€™ll find a way.

also no info about todays server issues which is what weā€™ve been complaining about

Still the same issues. These things take time to solve and stop

Depends on when the server owners encountered the issue.

I think the only problem is a lack on communication, but Iā€™m sure there is a reason for that. Even a weak one

blizz literally said that they fixed it so no not same issue then

plus as i said no info about it, all we need is like a blizzardcs post on twitter to find it

I agree, they should post. But the forum thread was in green Dev account.

So as far as theyā€™ll be concerned. Theyā€™ve communicated

not if it aint on front page on forums

Liz Richardson
@mizliz_
](https://twitter.com/mizliz_)

No official tweets from

@BlizzardCS

at the moment which is incredibly weird. Hearing reports that people are ā€œgetting intoā€ games regardless. DDoS attacks happen in waves. Donā€™t risk your SR, my friends.