Crash and freezing

hello… I have a problems in Overwatch 2 , in early game and mid game , gams going to crash and freezing my driver version 517.48 last update , I love overwatch 2 and i love to play it but i cant for crash and freezing,I even played Overwatch 1 without any crashes or freezeing my pc : Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1080 ,Ram 8 and my cpu intel core i3-4150 3.50GHZ

32 Likes

i got the same processor and 8 gb ram with a gtx 750 ti, game crashes after 5-10 min in practice range i cant even complete the tutorial :frowning:

12 Likes

I am sure that the problem is not ours, I hope Blizzard will solve this problem

4 Likes

I have the same problem. My computer also has a gtx, maybe the problem is there? (just guessing.)

4 Likes

I hope they solve this problem as soon as possible and we can easily enter the game and play

3 Likes

We are seeing Overwatch 2 crashing on various Intel CPUs, like your i3-4150. They all are Dual Core CPUs with Hyperthreading. The following 3 workarounds help here:

• Limit FPS to 30 and use the lowest graphic settings in the game
  • Disable Dynamic Render Scale
  • Open the Game Options in the Battle.net App and add the following command line argument: -threads 2
2 Likes

It didn’t help.

GTX 650
I3 3210
12 Gb Ram
Win 10.

2 Likes

Apparently there is a known bug regarding 2/4-core CPUs.
Let’s hope they are competent enough to fix it.

4 Likes

I have a similar problem, but mine is that I keep getting an error saying rendering device lost, it s so annoying

1 Like

Hi there,

Please check out Overwatch 2 Log-in loop. We need help fixing this (Blizzard, please look into this ASAP!)

And give them some hope.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi I think I have the same problem here, my pc specs are:

intel core i7-7500
Nvidia GeForce 940mx
12GB on RAM

The game freezes after a couple of minutes of gameplay, the sound keeps going on loop but the game is stuck on a single frame, to exit the game I have to force to end it by task manager.

I’ve played OW1 since late 2017 and this never happened to me as far as I remember.

I alredy tried to:

• Update drivers: “Nvidia GeForce Experience” (to version 517.48) and “Nvidia GeForce 940MX”.
  • Open Battle.net and OW2 as administrator.
  • Lower graphics to the minimum (including FPS to 30).
  • Use repair tool on the game (it says it doesn’t need any repairs).
  • Uninstall and install OW2 from scratch.

As far as I know my system fulfill the minimum requirements.

Pls help!

6 Likes

didnt work

GTX 750
core i7 4501
16GB RAM
Win 10 pro

1 Like

Just i case, here is my DxDiag: https://pastebin.com/WQZjg8hM

1 Like

the 30 FPS limit worked for me but the game is unplayable and unpleasant with that low framerates…

3 Likes

The issue here is that there are many players have beter cpu and ram but they still have this problem. Overwatch 2 is not such a heavy game

3 Likes

I tried these steps and it worked, only in Practice and Shooting Range. In PvP modes after some time between players and suddenly freezes and there’s nothing to do but to close it from Task Manager. We need your help to investigate and solve the problem.

3 Likes

I did all the ways you said in order, but the game crashed again, I don’t think this problem is from our system, even we have the minimum requirements even more, I even play with a resolution of 1280 x 960 but it didn’t work , the truth is im very sad about this problem, blizzard plz slove this problem

2 Likes

i3-7100
gtx 1050 ti
win 10 pro
16gb

3 Likes

I think it’s confirmed…FPS is the problem, when I set it to 30 I can play but when I set it above 30 my game crashes in about 2 mins of gameplay, I hope they fix it because even if someone want’s to play at 30 FPS it’s impossible…

2 Likes

i use limit fps 30 but didn’t work for me, still crash after one match or if im lucky 2 match :pensive: