"Dedicated to rooting out Toxicity"

I am not even a ggez writer but you are way too soft. You wont grow as a player when you can not even deal with such bs.

1 Like

You are all thin-skinned. It’s all good fun.

People who regulary report that are not “crybabies” or “thin-skinned”, but toxic as well, actually even more. They’re not offended, they just want you punished - “how dare you win and rub it in my face”.
People writing “gg ez” might be bad winners, but people reporting it are sore losers …

2 Likes

Lol. Old thread but you can change the title because Blizz is known to breed and encourage toxicity.

The fact that “ez” is considered “unappealable toxicity” but “gg ez” isn’t, or the fact that D.Va’s voice line “I’m going to own all these noobs!” is more toxic than the things players can get banned for is just ridiculous. Blizzard is a cringe compilation…

SJWzzard Entercringement

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision

Acceptable behaviour is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision

That’s taken straight out of the Code of Conduct, what this means is that they’re letting people who shouldn’t even be on the Internet dictate what’s OK to do in their games… Or you can just interpret it as them letting ppl report out of spite just to get others banned, this on top of the “Action has been taken…” notifications adds up to Blizzard enabling and rewarding toxic reporting behaviour :slight_smile:

If Blizzard removed the automatic bans but perhaps kept the automatic silences (with an improved appeal system that actually works) then we’d be better off than right now. But that’s not enough. Every single person who’s ever filed a fake report should be banned. If a single “ez” post is an unappealable offense, then being toxic enough to fake report should also get you banned. After all, abusing the system is both harassment AND fake reporting… Whereas typing “ez” is only toxic in some contexts.

I was gonna do 40m multiboxing in WoW Classic but I’m sure as hell not going to support Blizzard now. The pathetic losers even lack conviction, they ban you from one game but they don’t even ban you from the others? What? You can’t make this up!! :laughing:

1 Like

I say gg ez, even if its a good fight, its just memeing, sometimes i say gg after because it was a good game, but sometimes its fun to meme or say it to trash talkers

Personally I’m not a big fan of any form of censoring.
Instead I believe in consequences for ones actions.

But If you really want some sort of censoring system in place. how about we let the players create a personal blacklist?

This way people who really care about something being censored, have the control to do so.
At the same time, people who don’t want anything censored can just leave the blacklist empty.

2 Likes

Valve don’t censor. They also allow custom avatars and lots and lots of name changes. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

So if i would just tell you here in the forum what i have done to your closest female relative last evening, would it be acceptable to say: “just grow up and learn to look past it”? Doubt you would do so. And i would be banned asap. Your argument is one which is always used by someone but somehow was never a solution.
If a pretended solution isn’t working, a new one needs to be found. :wink:
The concern of OP is valid, and the solution is one which could be tested if it works.
BTW i think you misunderstood OP’s idea.
It wasn’t about replacing the text with other characters. It was about instant deletion. That as soon the person hits Enter in the chat, the message will not even appear in any form.

1 Like

Or try not getting butthurt over letters? Ignore it and move on.

I think it’s a fantastic idea!

Personally I hate “ggez” and I mostly see it from my own team. Often after a game where the enemy team really tried but still got stomped and it just pisses me off, because it is bad sportsmanship and it embarrasses me that someone on my team is so immature to use such a phrase.

Once I wrote gg ez. and I just saw "it’s past my bedtime, please don’t tell my mom.
And it is kinda funny but now everybody knows what it means. So it don’t make sense anymore

1 Like

Oh my god are you literally reporting people for gg ez?

Bad sportsman ship?

I never say: GG ez.

Because it’s childish but how can you actually get offended or trigged by it?

If you’re that sensitive about it, why play a violent orientated game in the first place? Where you objective is to inflict violence on the enemy team’s characters.

See, here’s the problem with the community a very few are too sensitive to handle the subject matter and demand a unrealistic safe space.

And I bet you’re going to flag my comment with a fals accusation such as: He’s a big meany! just because I share a different point of view, than you do.

What you’re doing is simply exploiting the report system just because you’re not mature enough to know better.

If you’re this triggered about it simply disable game chat and only accept team and party chats.

It’s not like you’re on a social level that you’re going to have a long nice talks with your opposing team. No one does, if anything I’m literally one of the few players that utilizes the game chat channels for its intended purpose. Social interaction.

If anything if you open all chat channels you accept and open yourself to be met with super duper hurtfull comments such as “gg ez” and you have no right to complain or report them over it.

How ever immature “gg ez” might be.

I find reporting people over it even more immature, especially when you have to option to prevent yourself from ever reading anything.

If anything GG WP from the winning tam can be interpreted as sarcasm. I am offended better report them for " bad sportsmanship, sarcastic gg wp spam "

I am offended, please protect my feelings Blizzard!

1 Like

Actually the whole concept of “gg ez” is based on the fact that it is meant to offend others and getting offended by it. :slight_smile:
So asking, “how can you get offended by it” is pretty irrelevant, since it’s existence is based on the answer of this question. :smile:
And Overwatch isn’t a violent oriented game. Just because you are shooting with a gun with some heroes, the game isn’t about killing. It’s more close and resembles more to a dodgeball game you played on the schoolyard than to a violent killer game. :slight_smile: But that’s just my understanding of the concept.

2 Likes

If you’re getting offended by it you’re just weak and immature.

It’s not offensive it’s a clear sign of the person saying being a child.

Getting triggered over it, is literally just you being an even bigger child.

And actually some matches are extremely easy, can’t be mad over actual facts either.

Like I said, If you feel offended by gg ez.

I will get offended by GG WP.

For I choose to interpret it as sarcasm and there for an insult for judging my performances in game.

1 Like

Actually in most of the cases who says this isn’t a child.
But saying “if you get offended by it, you are weak” is the same as saying “if you got punched in the face you deserved it”
Everything depends on the context. :wink:

1 Like

It’s not nearly the same, one is based on subjective feelings and the other physical action. What offends you might not offend others, that’s why it’s hard to make rules about it.

If a friend told you “gg ez” you probably wouldn’t be offended, but if a stranger does it all hell breaks lose, he should be hanged, and then people tell me they can’t control what offends them. Yes you can, just don’t want to or have never tried.

1 Like

I would agree only to just not show the message in the chat. No need for the warnings or suspensions. Just don’t show it. Modify the deleter bot if that makes sence, to delete stuff like gg ez with spaces (g g e z), conected (ggez) and stuff like that so people won’t find another way to right it like they do with the f word and they right fk or with more than 1 u.

1 Like

i love your idea! Its always so cringy when ppl write gg ez or izi… it even makes me cringe by writing it… im so tierd of these ppl who havent seen sunlight for a whole year because they have been playing overwatch and -coughs- other things… its so annoying to have to report so many people each day… because these adultchildren/children cant freaking behave!

2 Likes

going to write the same thing to you as i did to another player… i love free speech and all… but i feel like your comment didnt contribute anything to this discussion… and to put simple just like the author did is really offensive… cus it was clear it was used to mock this person. im just as dedicated as the person who started this thread to root out the toxicity… because people should just learn how to behave… im not saying youre wrong cus youre not… its just not a solution that works everyone (specially me) when people write GG EZ it makes me wonder what other things that theyre able to write… by this i mean that i think that ppl who write GG EZ often have a tendency to be toxic in general and doesnt care about what they are saying.

1 Like

This is equally comic as the thought that censorship ever solved anything.
What is so offensive about all this?

Bare in mind I don’t defend it, I see “gg ez” as childish and give the user no more credit than I would to a kindergarten child, that’s why it doesn’t bother me. But I am really curious to why someone would feel so offended by something as simple as this, to even ask for a change that would have absolutely no effect in the long run.

Think about it, it was already altered once and it’s still “an issue” and you’re proposing an equal change that already happened, but this time it would somehow work?

1 Like