"Dedicated to rooting out Toxicity"

honestly i thought this was a good post until i got to the

‘‘If you’re that sensitive about it, why play a violent orientated game in the first place? Where you objective is to inflict violence on the enemy team’s characters.’’

Youre not wrong… but i dislike the way you wrote it… only because a person hates it when ppl write ‘‘gg ez’’ it doesnt mean that they will report everything that gets thrown at them… its like i wrote to another person the ‘‘just move on solution’’ isnt something that works for all…

im a mix… i really hate it when ppl write gg ez because i feel like ppl should know better… and as you wrote its childish… but im trying my hardest not to let it get to me because again its like you wrote its not like youre on a social level that youre going to have a long nice talk with them… and i know that ill prolly just meet these ppl once in my life…

for someone who writes that they arent saying gg ez because its childish im wondering why 90% of your comment sound so derogatory towards a person who actually have a great idea… i believe that this is an idea that shouldnt be forced onto everyone… could be more like a filter option (i forgot to write that in my comment)…and idk about the author but idc what team theyre on if someone on my team says gg ez i report them aswell…

just because the game was created to inflict violance on the enemies team it doesnt give people the right to hurt people in real aswell… also your comment makes me feel like you want us to stop playing games like these only because we have a different opinion than you…

i believe that if you wouldnt say certain things in real you shouldnt do it over the internet either… and calling someone immature and weak because they get triggered is just ignorant… because we have emotions and we should allow ourself to feel them… but its the actions you do when you have these emotions that can be immature… youre free to think that its immature to report someone for saying it but… if blizz thinks its a legit reason to report someone… than… there isnt much you can do about it anyways

and lol honestly… some of your other comments

‘‘Like I said, If you feel offended by gg ez. I will get offended by GG WP.’’

for saying that getting offended by gg ez is weak and immature… im asking myself what those comments are…i can see your point… noone can hurt you but yourself… if you choose to see things in a negative way than they are negative… but its like Nihil wrote ‘‘actually the whole concept of ‘‘gg ez’’ is based on the fact that it is meant to offend others and getting offended by it’’ and for you to get annoyed that we dont like it when ppl write gg ez is pretty much the same thing as we getting annoyed at ppl for saying it… if it didnt annoy you… you prolly wouldnt write such a long and derogatory comment…

Well, I’m sorry to the people I was toxic to during my 5 games tonight, lost 3 of them in a row and after the second loss I kinda started to lose it, didn’t insult anyone but I yelled at people for not playing correctly so again, sorry to anyone who was with me.

This game can be so frustrating sometimes.

2 Likes

But it’s not a physical nor a verbal assault.

It’s exaggeration of the events that occurred and some times it’s not even exaggeration, unlike your comparison.

Yes it is. Physical abuse and mental abuse just as harmfull and can have long lasting effects. Even physical harms are different from individual.
If i punch (just for the context) you in the face with the same force as I do it with someone else, you both would react differently. Even your body would react differently.

Well again. Depends on the context as I said.
You are right, it’s an exaggeration. But with the intention of offense. It’s not the word itself which is offensive. It’s the intention it was delivered.
As FrankDrebin here wrote. If a friend is telling that to you, you wouldn’t bet an eye. And that’s true. For a reason. You know why your friend is telling that to you and what are his/her real intentions.

1 Like

The context you choose to approach is on is your own toxicity.
Like I said if you’re mature enough you will recognize gg ez as pure immaturity. Geting upset over this and actually filing a report over it, is you giving in to your own toxicity and frustration over something meaningless and pointless. Abusing a system designed to counter any actual crtical violations of the CoC like racist slurs, bad language in general real-life-threats etc.

Not because you performed badly and the enemy team had an easy win.

That’s just called being a soar loser.

Yes, but if you write something in a video game I have an option to block you and not experience it from you any further, more so with a punch I can’t choose if it hurts me or not.

Yes because you chose to ignore that remark, it only has that much meaning that you give it. In addition you have tools at your disposal to negate it, such as ignore and mute features.

We are talking about “gg ez” and you’re labeling it as abuse, are you sure you’re going to go this far as claiming it could have long lasting effects? A similar topic is currently on US forums, go check out what most wrote there.

i guess you didnt read what i wrote for you… honestly… its abuse and its more mental than physical… and they say mental is worse than psysical… so idk why you even argue about this… blizzard sees this as a legit report (ive asked) and there is nothing you can do about it anyways

1 Like

LoL what? :smiley:
Ehmmmmm well…that’s an interesting approach. :smiley:

Well again an example you won’t like. If you get punched in the face once, you can avoid to go to the same place again. :wink: But in overall I agree with you. And bless the mute function :slight_smile:

And I most likely would, but in that instance when the punch happened I do not have that option. While in overwatch that option is always there, not to mention that it’s already been changed to not show the original wording but “funny” sentences instead.

Also there’s no downside in ignoring such banter and rants, by ignoring it you absolutely “disarmed” your “assailant”

1 Like

If you are someone like me who has improved his strategical and critical thinking and you see that the reason you are losing is because your team isn’t trying enough and you see someone on the other team saying “dooood you are so easy to play against and i am better than you” when in fact YOU are doing less and not he more, it kind drives you crazy.

Also, yeah, i do take ow a bit more seriously that you so, it’s another factor😂

OH, and since we are talking about children, people who right “gg ez” on total mayhem defence should burn in hell.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not deny that it can be frustrating, especially in a scenario that you presented, but that’s one situation that’s very specific.

If you take overwatch more seriously, perhaps ignoring such remarks and not getting tilted by them would improve you as a player?
Please don’t get me wrong, I am not advocating toxic behavior, just don’t think that “gg ez” is anything more than just banter. Also don’t think that in a competitive environment anyone that says something out of line is a bad person. We all have our dumb moments that even we think of as unacceptable, it happens in games.

I believe there’s a special place in hell there for them lol

2 Likes

I haven’t misunderstood anything you said. I see you are of those players who just care about the gameplay and see all other stuff as pointless for the game.

Concerning dump moments, since overwantch is so deepened into 5 year old behaviors with no bit of critical thinking, we, the ones who have a bit left, should keep ourselves calm and recognize players that will report us for telling them to switch off of hanzo when we have already a widow and an ashe and just don’t talk.

It seems to be a worldwide trend that young people get more easily offended than older generations. I think that if you seriously get offended by “gg ez” then there must be very hard growing up not knowing how to react to things you dont like/ agree with. Do yourselfs a favor and try to learn not to react to things you dont like/agree with, you will have so much less struggles in your coming life if you do. I wish you all the best, i dont mean to be offensive.

1 Like

So you are saying you have the option from the beginning? You never know who will be the one who will be toxic or offensive.
Yes you can mute chat in generell. In a game where communication would be a must have and even good of people would behave better. But that’s like never leaving your house. :smiley:
Usually i ignore these things if that is aimed at me. But i admit i get triggered if someone starts to target someone else. I can’t stand, I have to step in. But it’s still annoying if that happens.
But again, we are in the same boat. Agree with you. I just say, there are so many factors…human factors which we have to take in consideration. :slight_smile:

I think both of us are at the same page, more or less. It kind of bothers me that even after a good match I’m afraid to say GG because I could risk being reported so I try and figure out alternate ways to say it, like “it was an intense match” or “hard fight”.

I’ve seen on several occasions, something I should probably practice as well, teammates of the person taunting the enemy team actually dismissed him in the map chat and commended the opposing team for the match.

Disable chat, block the person and keep on playing exposing yourself for these types of messages is your own error not theirs.

Gg ez etc. isn’t abusive just childish.

2 Likes

Well i never saw anyone report a player saying GG, but haven’t played since aprox a year. It’s true, in most cases the winning team members is starting the GG comment, but it’s nice to see when a loosing team member is writing it too.
But understand. I wrote many times before “wp both teams” for the exact same reason.

Just report players bypassing chat filter and say gg ez, next day I always get a message that my report successfully got him muted.