"Dedicated to rooting out Toxicity"

It doesn’t mute them, it suspends their accounts.

So good job, your butthurtness and self toxicity got some one banned over nothing.

2 Likes

One report cant get anybody punished. I myself stopped reporting a long time ago because a simple avoid does a better job(there is a chance you get the person in question as an enemy and pummel them to the ground).

This is absolutely ridiculous and goes to show what happens when you try to censor what people say.

First you take the obvious stuff, direct insults.

Then the crybabies want to be protected from anything they might consider an insult.

I see people here who wants “gg” censored if they think the game wasn’t good. Are you out of your minds? Grow a pair!

1 Like

Can someone please tell me why “gg ez” is such a toxic word to say? because i only think that death threats and stuff like that is more toxic and unacceptable, than freaking “gg ez”

Like what?? Are we 12 in this community??

Aren’t we allowed to have our own opinion if a game where easy or not??

2 Likes

honestly… you really need to think before you post…

‘‘gg ez’’ is toxic because its actually based on the fact that it is meant to offend others <= like Nihil said… youre right tho there are worse things that can be said like death threats… but rubbing your victory in other peoples faces by saying ‘‘gg ez’’ is toxic… people dont have to rub it in because they think a match was easy… its better to keep it to themselfes… when ppl say GG EZ they push other people down… its better to just be proud of what you did pat yourself on the back and move on to the next match…

as ive written before… saying gg ez is considered by blizzard to actually be a legit reason to report someone. cus they aknowledge the things you wont see… like saying it because it is meant to hurt people… how are we childish for being offended by it when it was MEANT to offend people…

(im going to take a dumb example) ive been playing some matches today… and a person was complaining that we had ‘‘0 dmg’’ and in mystery heroes… this person said that he/she had gold in dmg (ive forgotten which hero this person was playing) and everytime somone says something like ‘‘ohh i have 4 gold medals’’ in a sarcastic way i always think… why arent you just proud of what you did? youre pushing other people down when you did a great job? why not just pat yourself on the back and thank yourself for doing a great job?

if you play a game with someone in real and you said gg ez when you won people would think that youre being annoying right? (or am i wrong about this?) i believe that if you wouldnt say certain things in real you shouldnt say it over the internet either… even tho we sit infront of a screen there is still a person on the other side… its like meeting a stranger in real… you dont know what they have gone through…and rubbing your victory in someones face isnt exactly going to make anyones day better… but your own i guess… and thats what also makes it childish to say it

and honestly… if there is anyone here who have said ‘‘gg ez’’ i bet you did it because you wanted to show off yourself as being superior. saying gg ez is just a small part of cyberbullying… and when ppl dont understand how serious this can be… i wonder what your attitude towards other things ppl say over the internet are.

and gaymerboii… please dont procreate…

2 Likes

How can you let anyone get under your skin when you know that that type of behaviour is childish and stupid?? Like for real, there are alot of worse things coming in life than that someone in a game types gg ez… If you cant withstand these petty “insults” then you are gonna have rough times ahead. Good Luck!

2 Likes

like i said before in a earlier post… its not childish or weak to be triggered by it… its what you DO when you get triggered… if you get triggered you can either write nasty stuff back to the person who triggered you (which actually is the most childish) or you can report him/her and just move on…

ppl in this thread makes it sound as if we let these people ruin our whole day! which isnt the case… atleast for me…and as ive said before the ‘‘just move on solution’’ isnt something that works for all… we do the things we think works best. if you think the best solution is to just move on … then its great for you, you have found your own way of dealing with it. but people have no right to say that ANYONES solution is wrong cus they think differently than they do. people have a right to disagree, but then id wish that they would explain why they think the way they do… you havent even bothered to acknowledge what the author of this thread is trying to say… which is really disrespectful in my opinion and the same goes for anyone who comes in here just to argue about why ‘‘people are so freaking sensetive’’ be a part of the problem or be a part of the solution… atleast i acknowledged that i thought that it was a good idea… before i joined the discussion…

youre basically saying that we should ignore our emotions instead of dealing with them in a healthy way… i fully understand that the authors idea isnt the best idea on how to learn how to deal with your own emotions… but atleast come up with an idea instead of trying to discuss that getting triggered by this isnt such a big deal

i fully understand where you are coming from… i just dont like the way you represent yourself… if you cant acknowledge that people handle things differently and are different… then YOU are gonna have rough times ahead. good luck!

1 Like

Ehm why it’s just a question lol.

and i can see why it is toxic, but is it really? like what is i was in comp and i was having a mach that really was easy to win for real, and wasn’t hard at all etc. Wouldn’t it be okay to say it then?

Because it was the truth?

And you’re being toxic yourself by saying that i shouldn’t reproduce, aren’t you the one being very mean and toxic. like saying that i’m stupid??

1 Like

i know it was quite toxic…but i was trying to make a point. ive read your other posts… and i feel like you often write things without thinking… so its my personal truth. so considering your point of view its ok for me to say it because its the truth… it might not be someone elses but its mine.

im not going to apologize for my opinion of you. but i apologize for the way i wrote it, and even tho i only tried to make a point it was harsh. but as you wrote earlier… worse things can be said like death threats and stuff like that…

If you really aren’t going to say you’re sorry, you can stop talking to me. Because i don’t want a toxic person in my life.

Thank you, and bye.

1 Like

i think thats pretty ignorant to say considering that people have different opinions of other people all the time…

but ok bye

It doesnt matter you choose to be offended, you get a gg ez after the game from a enemy? why would you even care just go next game and hope ur against him again.

But the problem in this childish report all that moves community is when you even say GG after a match or even a simple hi, someone will be offended and someone will smash that report button.

1 Like

im not going to repeat myself again… just read what ive written before. idk about you, but ive never heard of someone who has reported another person when they have written hi or gg in a chat…

1 Like

That gg ez replacement is ret.arded, I agree.
But there should be no reporting/banning in the first place.

You are a snowflake? Then use the chat filter. It’s already there. You can’t stand another player? Block him.

Reporting is not to make it any better but just that the weaklings have their revenge and retaliation.
This “making every game a safe space” got out of hand.

1 Like

Flagged for necro posting (lol)

Yeah it’s stupid. Don’t know why people get so offended over “gg ez”

Its great. I love abusing the report system. Say GG after our match and guess what, youre gonna get chat restricted for it! Online games and competitive play you cant even say GG in overwatch because its banworthy. Great report system, I use it every match when everyone says GG at the end! Best part of this game is all the notifications I get sent for the actions being taken against the toxic players who decide to be so toxic as to say GG at the end of my matches! Even people on my team have to be reported for it! Thank goodness blizzard has only automated responses and no active chat logs so there is no disputing it! I can get away with abusing a piss poor system and nothing happens! Yay OW2

There wont be toxicity anymore if you ban everyone. Right ?
Good news: Blizzard is into a ban rampage right now !

I only say “gg” mid match when the opponent quickly captures the point to vent, or “gg all :D” when I win, so I use it genuently at the end

Restrict for saying GG, yet Diva has a voiceline for it…