Failed update application

So when I enter overwatch now… it Shows me that there was a Problem applying an update and I unistalled and reinstalled overwatch and the Launcher but Nothing helped… can anyone help?

2 Likes

Hello there Şĥĭfŧ

We had some reports of issues with the new update on Overwatch, so in these situations we recommend that you try to perform a scan and repair to the game.
Just follow the steps below and you should be able to solve this issue:

You can also clear the cache folder and delete the Battlenet files to make sure you do not have any corrupted files affecting your game:

Should you still have issues after those steps you can try to follow this forum post where the issue is being reported to see any other potential resolution steps:

Thank you for your report

Nothing helped so yeah thanks :+1:

Hello again Şĥĭfŧ

Sorry to hear you are still having this issue.
We do thank you for your patience on this as it seems this issue is still ongoing, currently we are still gathering data to see if we can find the root cause of the issue.

My advice is to check this forum post where some players are sharing their experience and where we are collecting the data:

By sharing your data and experience with this issue you are helping the developers finding fix for this hopefully, so thank you for updating us on this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

no probme for the patiance, but it is running out slowly… the Problem lies with the Bastion lego Skin update duh? so do something About it please im getting tired of waiting…

What we did is repair the game (we all got the msg no repair needed after the repair), close battlenet, kill all blizzard processes (alt ctrl del - taskmanager ), after that delete battlenet cache folders.

Restarted battlenet and an update was getting applied to overwatch.
Go in game and when you enter first game youll see a short msg saying applying update and the game should start. you will get this last msg every first game after a pc boot

try this order and see if it works for you :slight_smile:

I’ll try it thanks man <3 much love
but It didn’t work R.I.P me

Hi, Şĥĭfŧ! o/

As Nilliarix said, we are gathering data from players reporting this issue. We’ve received some reports of players that managed to fix this by going into practice range for a few minutes, and then they stopped getting this error.

Since I don’t know where you are getting this error exactly, I don’t know if you can actually access the practice range, but if you can, can you give this a try and let us know how it went?

I got banned 4 time because of this and now have a 20 hour ban. Can blizzard please remove my ban.

Hi, Night.

If you are having a consistent issue that is preventing you from joining competitive games, please, refrain from trying to do so, as this affects negatively players that are not having the same issue (that’s the reason why these penalties are there in the first place).

Since we are currently investigating this problem, we are unable to say at this time if there will be any overturn for the penalties applied for this reason, but it’s quite unlikely, so again, focus on troubleshooting the issue with us, and once it’s resolved, then join competitive matches.

sure! i’ll Keep you posted$
Update! I’ve been trying it for 10 min and Nothing has happened yet… gonna Keep trying
Nope it sadly didn’t work… ist starting to piss me off you know Always having Problems after a patch…

i have done everything recommended and more but there is no problem on my end it is on yours clearly i have even reset my computer and de installed the game we need something soon to solve this issue or this will negatively affect the games audience i have seen many of these error pages.
please can you offer an update on this situation?

Hi, joe! o/

Have you tried what I posted just two posts above yours about going into the practice range first for a few minutes? We are seeing most affected players are getting this issue resolved by trying that.

If you tried that and didn’t work, let us know, as we would want to forward that to the team investigating the issue.

now… voice chat do not work… i cant connect to the games voice chat - nor could my teammates

1 Like

Hi, PepsiHax! o/

That sounds like a completely unrelated issue. Could you create a new thread with all the details?

Pretty sure we all tried that Sir. but Nothing is helping so we Need results… fast…

the problem was first encountered when loading in to the practice range after the initial error message then it occurred again i can not even enter the practice range.
this would be greatly appreciated if you could pass this along and make this a priority being it is affecting the game audience
and people are getting more and more agitated

1 Like

I… love you… im trying the things with the constant loading of the practice range and yeah can’t do much right now ist kinda stupid

Hi! o/

Thanks for the update. I’ll share this with the team.

Keep in mind that we have been unable to reproduce this issue internally, so we are still not sure what’s causing it. The fact that most players don’t seem to be affected (so the number of reports we are getting is relatively low), and that we are not seeing much in common with the ones that are affected is not helping. So while we are doing everything we can, this can take time.

Understandable but, it shouldn’t happen that some Players ( and many are effected they just fixed it somehow) can’t Play the game for 2 weeks because you interoduced an update… like that just simply shouldn’t happen you know…