Failed update application

ok thanks for the update if you have more information of like when the servers are back up and ill come with more feedback on the issue if not solved.
i really do appreciate how much you are helping us with this problem

joe.

please report back with updates and i will proceed to help you understand the issue from a consumers position.

the servers seem to be up and working for me but im still getting the
failed error application message.

1 Like

yeah same … The game is still like it was before :frowning:

Since last patch:

1. Just as I get into a game there’s now additional dialog saying ‘Applying Update’
    As of today:
  2. No voice chat, it was working this morning and I say others in my comp games say they couldn’t join it and some could. Now I am playing and I can’t join the chat. I normally auto join it but there’s no way around it. The mic image shows and line through it. I’ve repaired the game etc but no change.

[15520] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-23T16:04:12.073Z]: PathOps: [20190923T17:04:12] {19a4} ERR: … is the leading path component: /…/.build.info
[15520] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-23T16:04:12.073Z]: PathOps: [20190923T17:04:12] {19a4} ERR: path normalization failed: /…/.build.info
[15520] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-23T16:13:07.002Z]: BNL_Voice: [20190923T17:13:07] {19a4} ERR: text stream error | code: 1096 (Call Terminated by Client Due to Timeout)
[15520] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-23T16:26:28.259Z]: BNL_Voice: [20190923T17:26:28] {19a4} ERR: text stream error | code: 1096 (Call Terminated by Client Due to Timeout)
[15520] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-23T16:35:28.875Z]: BNL_Voice: [20190923T17:35:28] {19a4} ERR: text stream error | code: 1096 (Call Terminated by Client Due to Timeout)
[15520] [ERR] [bnl] [External(0)] [External()] [2019-09-23T16:42:51.980Z]: BNL_Voice: [20190923T17:42:51] {19a4} ERR: text stream error | code: 1096 (Call Terminated by Client Due to Timeout)

1. Joining Comp as support, I can’t get into a game. Queue time shows 2-3 mins at the most but I’ve sat there for 15-20 mins and nothing happening.

queu times are interesting, they were more or less right during rq beta, but since new season 2min wait is allways atleast 5 to 10 mins. I mean, in fact, i dont mind about 5-10mins queus, but it could show real time in role selection menu

Getting a bit messy now, threads being merged and I don’t know where I am posting atm.

Anywho;

1. Still occurring
  2. Resolved by adding the ports for Blizzard Voice Chat via the support article.
  3. Well I haven’t checked this one as the VC issue = I couldn’t communicate or listen to my team so I just stopped queuing comp anyway. Will try later as I fixed the VC issue.

New update for game… lets hope this fixes all the issues from the last patch

Edit: hah 110% not fixed anything
Uploaded the new patch there… joined a game and people are getting stuck in a loop cycle like the servers are crashing then restarting the game

Guys appreciate your efforts but please stop using the same blurb in each post.

The issue is not with our pc’s (relating to the issues raised)… its the game that’s caused this.
This is in the same vein as the render device lost issue. Keep getting people to make changes to their files/etc etc when it’s not the cause at all.

it works for me now!

Hi, Şĥĭfŧ! o/

Glad to hear that it’s been fixed for you. I’ll keep an eye for new reports about the issue, but hopefully it’s case closed for everyone affected :slight_smile:

Nagrenol, the issue you are talking about seems to be completely different. I’ve seen a few reports about a game just stuck restarting the match over and over, and while we have been unable to reproduce it internally so far, we have a team reviewing what may be happening there.

I think there’s a slight misunderstanding here though. My job is not to divert your attention. My job is to try and help you solve a problem. While I’m new in the forums, I’ve been helping players like you as a Game Master for plenty of years now, and I can tell you from my experience that in most cases, the problems can be resolved through troubleshooting on your side (if my statistics as a GM are anything to go by, 85% of the time, and I’m certainly not the best). We are the first ones to admit when there’s an issue on our side, like the problem that causes the game to crash if the voice and text languages are different, and started with this patch. We are aware of it, we are letting you know about it as soon as we get the information, and we are working on fixing it. I’m not going to tell you to troubleshoot something if we know the problem is on our side. That’s a waste of everyone’s time. But sometimes the issue will be on our side and we may not be even aware of it or may have some really specific triggers, so it will need some investigation and troubleshooting, so we can remove the noise and make sure to get genuine cases, see what they have in common, and use that to help us figure it out.

So, to recapitulate:
-The Failed Update Application error seems to be resolved (no new reports so far)
-There’s a currently verified issue with language settings that causes the game to crash and we are working on resolving it (a hotfix for this should be coming soon).
-We’ve got some reports about players getting looped into a match, and this is currently under review
-At least 85% of the Rendering Device Lost error can be resolved through troubleshooting :slight_smile: