Fix dps queue now

also tanking isnt fun anymore and if you got 2 bad dps you are going to lose.

Yeah that’s a good point, but even if a 3rd of tanks and supports opt for the non role q option, it would still offer some degree of vanilla comp. I ran a poll a month after role q went live and it was almost split 50/50 between those who are for role q and those against it. So I think there would be a lot of people (tank mains like me included) who would play the non role q version too.

I’m just concerned that they have expressed no solution or will to solve this queue time issue even with OW2, which is one reason why I’m not overly excited about its release. A campaign story mode with slightly better graphics, while pvp stays with the same issues it has now.

I never really played Hog until role lock. I usually switch to Orisa when the tank is needed (when it was possible to switch). Those stats are only for the last season which I played for about an hour.

The numbers and queue speaks for itself.

They decided that they’d rather up their chances of winning than to play a hero that they enjoy playing.
If the game had better options for tank/support you could have both.

So your solution to this is to blame the players and tell them to force themselves to have fun with things that they don’t have fun with.
In other words…
“Your fun is wrong!”
Wow … OK.

You seem incredibly bitter and your arguements are weak and make little, if any, sense.

I mean honestly…

Are you that angry or are you just praising yourself by demeaning others?
Is it both?
Because I assume that you are not one of these “Borgs” or “NPC” type players. You’re most likely not plauged by “pig headed ignorance and self absorption” either am I right?
Just listen to yourself for a second, geesh…

And your’s are pure stupidity

You can go have all the fun you want in qpc otherwise yes, the fault lies squarely with the dps players refusing to play as a team, refusing to do their jobs, treating qp and comp as death match and being entitled whining children.

so they are correct, and you should start reading

Except the two are linked, so learn to read as i previously stated.

if you’re incapable of basic comprehension, don’t post.

dude, if you keep feeding the trolls they might never go away. pls stop. report and move on.

1 Like

Reported for advocating false flagging.

you are a known forum troll, one i’ll gladly see gone from here for good

Fair enough.
You’re right.

Which loops back to the main problems:
a) DPS have been buffed because blind people thought that GOATs existed outside of the top 1% of players.
b) Supports and tanks got nerfed for the same reasons.
c) Too many DPS heroes as opposed to the other roles.
d) DPS heroes are much much easier to play, because they need a narrower skill set to play and have more transferable skill (no other game teaches you how to play Rein, every FPS teaches you how to play Soldier, Widow, McCree, etc)
e) DPS heroes have a higher perceived impact because they get more medals, more feedback (kill feed, damage, crits, medals).
f) DPS heroes have a more tangible impact. Winning a fight because the D.Va harrassed a Widow or a Rein protected everyone is far more common than winning through good aim - but winning you don’t see tanks/supports when they do their job right, you only see them when they don’t, while with DPS it’s vice versa.
g) OWL has the stupidest casters/production/focus. All about damage, even on non-DPS heroes. They hype up DPS players when pretty much every game is mostly decided by the better tank play if you look at it more closely.

No, they’re not an issue because you have ways to solve it.

if you don’t want to play qpc that’s on you nobody else.

if’s one of the solutions, otherwise deal with it. It’s what you get for picking dps.

as i said, role q wouldn’t have happened if dps were willing to switch. It’s a self inflicted wound.

1 Like

This is so incredibly biased and I’m honestly not sure if you too are trying to troll me, or if you’re just another OW player that glorifies your own choice of heroes.

I’m not about to get into what takes more skill and what-not. I’ve had the conversation about skill-to-reward-ratio a thousand times already.

But you do mention a few things such as…

This is very true and if you stop and think about it, probably a lot of fun for the player no?
They’re playing a Comp. FPS game and they get to shoot at other players, win duels and feel good about their performance.
Whereas, like you mentioned, a tank might be as useful buuuut…

How does that translate to a fun gaming experience? You held your shield which is just that, it’s a shield that eats the damage. There are no reflective elements or buffs to be had. It just takes the damage.

Or the D.Va that flew up on the Widow’s perch, “bugsprayed” her away to buy time for her team. She likely didn’t kill the Widow because she could just grapple away, but it was still a good thing to do.

You see what I’m saying?

Compare that to playing a Widow yourself, jiggle-peeking to bait out a 100% shot from the enemy Widow, then quickly step out yourself and get a quick Headshot with just enough power to one-shot her.
Surely that’s a more fun way to deal with an enemy Widow to the average player don’t you think?
There you have the thrill of a duel. Who’s gonna win? Who will outplay who?
You get the satisfaction of being the better Widow/Player. Not playing the hero that beats the other hero.

Whereas if a D.Va flies up to a Widow, well then 9 times out of 10 that’s just that. The Widow has to move.
Sure she can try and get some headshots in as she’s grappling away but they will likely be eaten by the Matrix.
It still holds massive value that the D.Va can shut down the Widow, rendering her practically useless though.
Same thing with the Rein shield again. You hold it and create a “bridge” for your team to slip last the chokepoint. Great! Now you can attack from all angles and swarm the widow, their supports and win. Massive value in that shield.
But how fun was it to hold the shield like that? Anybody could’ve done it.
It just doesn’t feel rewarding and fun to most people.
That’s my point.

1 Like

So let me get this straight.

You equate yourself being given several different options, as well as Blizzard introducing role Q as comparable to stalin’s russia and/or hitlers germany

And you expect yourself to be taken seriously

rolequeue killed options and flexibility and dictates fixed 2-2-2 upon us, while punishing majority of the playerbase with ridiculous queue times… because someone defined 2-2-2 to be the holy grail of OW for no good reason. Thats the hitler element of it I suppose.

They also gave you a mode where you can play 0-1-5 to your hearts content without any restrictions at all and low queue times

But you refuse to play that mode because its dogsheet you know its dogsheet and you want everyone else to have to play dogsheet with you

411 and multi dps compes are not flexible. You have QPC to go and be “flexible” all you want.

Being forced to work with your team, in a team based game, is not hitler-esqe at all. 222 treats all roles equally, as it should, or are you stating DPS matter more?

They don’t want you to play what you want to anymore
they killed OW

You can play exactly what you want you just cant force 5 other people to carry your arse over the finish line because you decided that you were gonna play another DPS when 4 already locked

Yea because just by picking a tank or a healer means you did you job . LOL. Please stop with that kind of mentality. I’ve seen plenty of people this season , mostly tanks who play beyond bad that role. This role select didn’t help with anything but mess up the ranks even more. I’d rather have a dps who is actually trying to win a game instead of a tank or healer that have no clue what they are actually doing.

2 Likes