Fix to Role Queue

So long story short, Role queue messed my rank, when play your placement and 5 game out of 5 your dps players are Main healers ( wanna be dps ) ruins your game.

not just that, you sometimes get people from 300 + SR playing with due to lakc of people.
proposed fix :

put an algorithm that calculate the hours played for the entire accoutn and match you with similar players: meaning if you have 70% of your tiem playign a a tank the system will recognise you as a Full time tank, and match you with Similar players in different roles.
2- match people with higher games rather than lower games, if i am mid diamond , if the queue is long for other , i’d rther have a low master game rather high plat .

this wil ease the RNG i am gettign with the People queue for FUN to try and play other roles that they have no clue how to play them and endign up ruining games for people trying to Grind .

2 Likes

Or just cancel role lock :thinking:

7 Likes

having play time intervere is such a horrible idea, you NEVER want that involved with an MMR system.

dump rq, after all garbage Blizzard did to this game I’m safe to say rq is the worst thing to happen to OW, so far.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s the SR system itself that’s broken, no point tweaking competitive balance when you can lose SR based on an argument two players had in their previous game.

No i leave that to people like you and kete, whose sole purpose appears to be raging on the forums because he can’t force a team to meme 6dps to a loss anymore, or you saying how 222 is bad with 0 real reasoning.

how you and others aren’t banned is a total mystery.

the rate at which you’re being flagged however, not long i’d imagine

1 Like

There is an easy fix to role queue!

Implement the CS voting -system, it’s easy as that.

Call Vote

1. Time-Out
  2. Force Role Switch

as long as 4ppl agree a vote is valid.
time-out gives you 30 extra secs when sides switch.
for force role switch you have to select two players that will switch roles. this also takes effect when sides switch so you got time.
this gives you 2 options : first off you get some extra time to discuss options by the time-out vote which is only possible once per game. second you get the ultimate tool to put someone where he belongs by 2/3 majority vote which is totally fair.
so blizz if you aint pussies use this goddammit.

if you wanna take one more step: roll back the role queue bs and have ppl decide on their roles at start of game by giving them some extra time. that decision will be solid until one of the baove vote methods is used.

CAN YOU HIRE ME NOW CAUSE I DO YOUR JOB BETTER KTHXBAI???

Not enough time to conduct votes, you need to consider that a match is going just few minutes, distracting people to voting is pretty impractical IMO.
Just scrap the whole rq concept which punishes big majority of players for no gain.

2 Likes

you can always call a vote while dead. doesnt take more than 5secs. also you have most time when sides switch as said above.

It’s a terrible idea. What you will have is people always trying to start a vote to get the DPS slot because the DPS are the ones that get the blame 90% of the time for every single thing that happens in the game. “Oh, Reinhardt just charged out through the choke on Hanamura while on defence and died, Widow please switch”.

2 Likes

How about no?? That sounds like an awful idea

2 Likes

Yes because forced role switch *won’t * have DPS queuing as tank or support then stating switch or I throw.

No, you are just an armchair developer with no idea on what actually works.

Except it only punishes those who refuse to work with the team or swap. You had 3 years to do so, you failed.

by this odd logic any game out there is perfect and flawless, the player has the freedom not to play it after all. good luck with this reasoning.

No not really, people just need to learn the game isn’t a solo game, it was designed as a team game, back at the start you could only queue as a group, kinda a big hint.

You need to understand we had group finder before role lock ( which was simply added to combat the goats comp and not because overwatch was designed for 2-2-2 comp). Queue times must be improved for dps also and that’s a fact.

Group finder never worked, otherwise they wouldn’t have needed to forcibly lock the roles.

Queue times will never be improved as previously stated.

It really doesn’t. DPS players just need to quit or transfer into tank and support mains. Do you think that we tank and support players with our 1-3 minute queues even care about the DPS queues? The game is very much alive for us and it won’t affect us at all if we lose even half of the DPS players.

1 Like

You’re not born a tank. People been switching between classes during match all the time (except support mains I guess). All this class struggle bogus is invented to expain this horrible decision to lock roles.

1 Like

It’s not bogus, but then I wouldn’t expect a DPS player to understand that.

The decision was not horrible, get over it already