Free to play ruined overwatch

Fair point, but most people use their phone number for their email account, their microsoft account, xbox account, facebook. The list goes on, Giving them your number should do no harm, for selling it is highly illegal abd doing so would mean huge lawsuits. And the worst they can do is send promotional messages? Which would probably have a turn off button.
My email address is linked to my battle.net and i have zero issue with it, you are incinuating that “Big evil corp wants to take our data and use it against us” ahh kinda comment. Take your tinfoil hat off and look stop incinuating wierd theories

I have zero issue. All my accounts have a phone number attached.

But I know plenty of people who don’t want to give companies they don’t trust any personal information. It’s no weird theory. It’s a business selling personal data on. Harder in the EU with GDPR, but there are still ways to profit from it.

So, I think needing a email address and phone number to create the account. As they do now. Is more than enough

Damnn, I thogh there was a way to do it for free…

There probably is, for small scale stuff.

As i’ve said multiple times now. They can keep making new accounts using pre-paid. They’re cheap and easy to get a hold of and there is no limit to how many anyone can have.

To get a “prepaid” or pay as you go sim card, you still have to top it up for them to activate it.

People aren’t paying £10 a shot to create loads of accounts. They might do it once or twice.

The majority of countries doesn’t have such a system, as i’ll explain below…

A pre paid starter kit cost about $3 to $5 and that’s all you need. They come with a set amount of minutes and you activate them as-is but you need to top it up if you want to keep making calls past those initial minutes included with the starter kits, which you don’t need to in order to use the number for an OW2 account.

So, for the price of 1 game, you can get 10 to 17~ OW2 accounts…

5v5 ruined Overwatch, not F2P.

One only needs to look at the hundreds of thousands of user reviews online and see what’s going on. 80% negative review.

Not surprised at all. Blizzard are creative but they’re braindead at balancing games.

1 Like

Ignore the reviews. What about 5v5 ruined it for you?

That was one of the things that ruined the game, but going F2P was the main reason, because it’s an open invitation to cheaters and smurfs to ruin it.

The reviews weren’t because of the 5v5 format alone, it was people who were angry about Blizzard pulling the rug on us with PVE along with many other horrible business decisions and design decisions.

Ignoring the reviews = ignoring the community feedback, something Blizzard has done an outstanding job with for years, which is why we’re in this situation, with the game being the most hated game in Steam’s history and in general.

1 Like

No no. I’m asking them what ruined it for them. I want their opinion, not them regurgitating others.

What about 5v5 ruined overwatch for you?

It being badly reviewed doesn’t impact what I do or don’t like about a game. “Some people on the internet hated it so I hate it too” is the kind of herd mentality I’m not interested in. I’m just curious what you personally don’t like that makes you think it’s “ruined”

I think that too, I took a quick look in the steam reviews, mostly of the reviews are saying nothing usefull.

For me changing 6vs6 to 5vs5 had no big impact, but should confess I got quite disappointed with the of PvE in OW2. The missions that they added are quite awful and I never find someone to play! They could at least put the archive missions sometimes…

1 Like

Yeah, even then, the archive missions aren’t the most engaging. But they were a nice change of pace for a short period. Would be good to see them return somehow.

1 Like

I really which ow2 game you play roku. Definitely we don’t play same the same game.

1 Like

Same game as you. I just see it for what it is and don’t overdo think it.

You think you do, but you don’t…

1 Like

It’s just a mostly fun video game to play with friends. That’s it.

Lucky for you, your opinion of their reviews doesn’t matter. You can want all you like.

Totally true.

1 Like

Not true, as they totally misinterpreted what I said.

I asked them to ignore the reviews, and tell me what they didn’t like about 5v5.

Seems a trend atm for people to go for knee jerk reactions to things before they actually understood what was going on.

My views really having nothing to do with the 80% negative online reviews. the reviews just corroborate my views, they don’t influence them in anyway.

There are many gripes, such as the level of online play dropping drastically compared to OW1 mainly thanks to going F2P, the MM has become noticeably worse with more instances of one sided games, but the main issue for me personally is OW2 completely ruined tank play and tank synergy which is a natural result of removing one tank from the team completely.

2 Likes