Genji still broken

gets value by existing (aka spamming shurikens), goes unpunished from any situation due to mobility/deflect/200hp, ridiculous one-shot combo still exists, dash reset on assist still exist, always guaranteed potg+team fight win with FIVE METERS+huge angle nanoblade, only true counter in the game is winston to an extent

who is responsible for this hero should get life sentence in a mental asylum

7 Likes

Don’t stand about in the open, then he can’t spam you as easily.

Play more CC to slow him down.

Play more beam heroes as he can’t deflect them.

Many counters to nano blade. Having a defensive ult like trans or beat are key. Brigs Rally can also help out heal a blade, but requires good timing.

1 Like

genji really isn’t op. maybe in OW2, but he is mediocre in OW1. You can counter him by going brig, moira, bap(to an extent), hog, zarya, mei, junkrat and symmetra(kind of)

2 Likes

Agreed. Also very annoying to play against.

1 Like

Exactly. He is one of the weakest DPS heroes. Barely even a nuisance to play against.

And if someone is running it, they need to use 2 ults (maybe more) just to win a fight. It isn’t good value so you can just let them do it and save your ults to win multiple fights after.

difference is that nanoblade usually wins a fight where as other ultimates are a coin toss if it even does anything. (looks at mccree)

2 Likes

Cool. And all you have to do is let them. You then have the upper hand if you don’t use ults. So you can win the next 2/3/4 fights while Genji spends a life time getting ult again.

nanoblade isn’t even a free fight win. i’ve seen genjis get nanoed and blade so many times only to get hooked or bashed or flashed or shattered or rocked and then oneshotted

1 Like

well you don’t win the next 2/3/4 fights, you get a chance to win those, but there’s still another nano on maybe something like a rein, a winston or whatever, nanos are pretty quick to farm, which is why ana is a problem because she makes most tanks just insane to deal with.

1 Like

the fact that i could use nano blade and kill 4 on my first ever try with genji just speaks for itself, i’m garbage at genji.
i shouldn’t even gotten 1, but hey you know, he’s balanced because if you land an ultimate on a genji that’s mid swiftstrike it’s fair.

1 Like

you can see it by yourself. Players who all the time were in bronze by the magic (mada-mada) come to diamond or higher. Then crying that can’t play,

Well it’s not hard to know when to use it though. If you Nanoblade when every enemy hero has their CDs then you deserve to die. Even so, Nanoblade is the strongest combined ultimate.

it isn’t really a hard combo to use, but it does get shut down a fair but in OW1 due to the number of stuns in the game. also if you boop a genji after he dashes then run away he often can’t even catch up. There are several ways to counter it. sure it’s annoying to die to but there are several other combos that can wipe just as easily, with less counterplay

1 Like

well yeah, you can just grav dragonstrike i suppose, but most people don’t get hit by gravs anymore and grav is a pretty small aoe compared to the range of a nano blade that’s really 15m X 4 in length.

like really what nanoblade is, it’s a more versatile reaper deathblossom because you can counter play doing it, insta squishys and have insane range and mobility with it at the same time that goes through barriers and doesn’t cancel the ultimate from a single stun.

it’s really a blessing that genji is on the more difficult side of playing using his normal moveset or else it would just be unbearable, rarely do you see insta killing genjis anywhere and all you have to put up with is that ultimate combo which naturally always is there because either the genji forces a support to play ana or ana is just there because ana is just auto pick.

but yeah, just learn to love playing winston and enjoying primal juggling if you’re a tank that’s your life as a tank unless you want to rip your hair out.

1 Like

a single stun might not cancel it, but if your team has decent focus fire, they can probably kill the genji before the stun ends. Or you can just use beat or trans or pick brig. there are quite a few counters to nanoblade. ofc none of them are 100% effective, but considering that nanoblade is 2 ultimates, it can be shut down fairly easily

no team has that coordination before you get to a certain rank which is higher than what the majority of players are in.

beat doesn’t last long enough, but it can make genji stuck as in he has no dash and can only run to targets, but usually just deflect and wait out the beat and then dash in to get maybe 2-3 people depending on grouping.

trans is the worst because genji just dash slashes to insta kill enemies through trans, sure it can mess with bad genjis who can’t do that but everyone else it’s free kills. if they start to group up within trans.

brig is really just horrible against genji, the rally doesn’t gather quickly enough and you can’t spread rally armor to everyone who needs it and brig herself dies very easily to a nanoblading genji, either dash slash to death and if she isn’t dead double jump and slash again downwards and then keep dashing to next target, the only counterplay brig has to a genji is whipshot because brig bash doesn’t let her get far enough away and bash doesn’t last long enough for allies to actually focus fire the genji so best bet is just bash away and turn around and whipshot the genji and hope he doesn’t fly to another teammate of which you can do really nothing about.

the two best ultimates to dealing with genji is roadhogs wholehog as it can push the genji away but you have to be in a position to save your allies from him which is hard enough as it is, and winston who can punt that ninja away and have the mobility to chase the genji down and punt them and it’s not hard to farm primal with winston either.

which is why you better learn to play winston and primal juggle because you’re gonna face genji a lot.

1 Like

This isn’t quite true. It just requires more timing, game sense and skill than say Tran or Beat.

but nanoblade still beats both, monkey is still a better answer.
best answer is a sleepdart but good luck having an ana managing hitting that sleep more than 20% in their entire career.

so yeah no, genji is just straight unfun, to me he’s more unfun than playing hog into an ana that makes it her mission to sleep and or anti-nade me every time i show my face, which i also play winston for because bubble is a pretty good skill.

aka pick winston derp.

2 Likes

Dash reset needs to be nerfed in my opinion. He can get reset for kill assist. Why? What is the reason? Its enough to get reset for kills.

Yes, Genji will beat both. If they are played badly and Genji plays well. At that point, fair play and well done to the Genji.

But all things being equal, Genji is a poor hero to pick with low impact. Requires too many resources to get value.

Trans and beat will nullify Genji. A genji will need to play above and beyond they rest of the players in that lobby to get anything from the game.