God damn smurfs

Seriously, how high level do you have to get before you stop meeting smurfs every single game?
It’s ruining the game for us who arent that good and just wanna have fun playing the game.

3 Likes

It doesnt have to do anything with the level, and idk if ur like bronze or sth but i usually meet smurfs once per 10 matches. And they Arent always carrying. And u have to accept that this is a hard tryhard esport game, there isnt much place for bad players wanting to only have fun, be at least okay in aiming and mechanics or this game isnt for you : /

1 Like

smurfs trade money small games vs low level players and top ones.
i never understand how that work?. hey at least they are paying wait for them to run out of money.
but ya everyone one makes fun of you cos your whats it called? golden stars.
so they smurf bronze stars so no one makes fun of them

support/low masters

generally diamond is the worst, but once you get out of it the number/effectiveness of smurfs drops

1 Like

you have to be atleast GM, because at that level only 4500+ can “smurf” against you. At everything lower, atleast every second game has a smurf nowadays.

I know this is a thread necro, but I can’t resist reacting to this: this must be some of the biggest drivel I’ve ever read here, and knowing these forums, that’s telling a lot.

Eww, people playing a game for fun, imagine that.

3 Likes

Recently starter copy/pasting this in the game chat as the game starts: ‘‘Just informing any smurfs that at the end of the game i will be reviewing the match and reporting every smurf for game sabotage. Playing in elo’s far below yourself is a clear violation of this rule.’’
And i do just that, when i suspect something is smurfing, i review the game and report it after.

Smurfing is an IP bannable offence in other respectable games, and eventually it will come to ow as well.

It’s usually pretty easy to differ a smurf from a new player in the way they move, actions and strategies they use.

People who use the excuse of ‘training’ is nothing more than self gratification for the expense of other new players or even lower skill rating but old players. Ruining their fun, potentially making them lose interest in the game.

2 Likes

As to the topic of smurfing, I believe there are two kinds.

I have nothing against making new accounts. A fresh start is fun sometimes. Also, getting a pretty high level portrait border and playing in lower elo’s opens you up for some abuse every now and then, that and your career profile and/or winrate following you around - it’s sometimes refreshing to start over. I have nothing against those “smurfs”, the game hasn’t configured their skill level appropriately yet and they start out quite low, dominating other players in that rank, but by doing that they will climb quickly anyway.

The kind that purposely stays a low elo in order to dominate others, to feel good about themselves or any other reason, that’s the kind that needs to be flogged repeatedly.

1 Like

Im not saying u shouldnt play for un. But if you do, dont complain about people that play more serious.

That is not your original statement. There, it sounded as if you basically excluded lesser skilled players from the game or competitive mode. That is what I called drivel.

That is exactly what matchmaking and ranks are designed for, to let people play against others who roughly have the same skill. The players who are better mechanically and get better game sense along the way, those are the players rising through the ranks, as they should. And the other ones stay in lower ranks. What do you suggest they should play then, The Sims? Barbie’s Fashion Designer?

Nothing against making a new account for other reasons, as I mentioned above, as long as you let yourself climb naturally. “Playing seriously” is not purposely keeping yourself low to “pwn the poor noobs”.

I know what you are saying but, really Smurfs are mostly boosters looking to make a few bucks to help with a few extra bills.

i know what you’re saying, but burglars are mostly just people looking to make a few bucks to help with a few extra bills… (<.<)

1 Like