How do i get a refund?

Title^^ characters re

Considering your rank (223), you’ve played the game for approximately 180 hours. You don’t get a refund after playing for 180 hours.

6 Likes

I bought the game under false advertisement so I should be able to get a refund regardless of rank and hours played

you should, but that’s not how the games industry works, which is why you get pirates

you can’t.

lmao what? You should get a refund after playing the friggin game for months?

2 Likes

if a product is not as advertised, or changes to be not as advertised/expected within 2 years of purchase you can apply for a refund…

this is the case with literally everything in the world bar video games… there is no reason why

no, I’m asking about the “should”. You think he should be able to get a refund after having fun with the game for 2, 3, 5 months?

1 Like

I think anyone who is unsatisfied with a product regardless of reason “Should” be entitled to a refund no questions asked within 2 years of purchase yes…

because it increases consumer protections and reigns in corporate greed… it also ensures companies who offer “services” maintain those services to an acceptable level

I would even be willing to accept a “reduced” refund based on “usage” of product

if you are unsatisfied or unhappy with a game you don’t play it to lvl 180. I would call anyone who played for months and then comes back for a refund with a claim to be unhappy with the product a liar.
I’m all right with a week or so, then you’re halfway credible still, but refunding games you completed or had fun with playing for months is way off IMO. How are companies supposed to earn money with games under policies like that when people are guaranteed a refund for 2 years after purchase??

3 Likes

ahh but this is slightly different, OW isn’t “completable” a game with 8 hours of content? sure, if you’ve played it for 180 hours and then want a refund, I agree, (hence why I added the caveat of “use of product”

they are supposed to earn money by providing products people want to own forever or until they wear out…

put it this way, you don’t like Role Queue do you? it is an exponential shift in what “OW” was originally designed and advertised as… something I would argue makes the game irrevocably different to what was “advertised”…

now… what would have happened if blizzard were forced to offer refunds to anyone who purchased the game before role queue came out, who wanted it because the product was no longer “as advertised”… do you think they would have gone ahead with role queue? or do you think they would have taken a second long hard look at actually balancing the game as it stood?

then blizzard company will shut down not work no more blizzard games.
or someone will replace them.

oftentimes a game “wears out” in a shorter period of time than 2y. Do companies and developers then not deserve to be paid for their work just because the game hasn’t happened to become quite a hit with a longer lifespan than that?

yeah I am, sort of, but I’ve never considered asking for refund 2y down the road, this is just ridiculous.

probably not but I would never be keen about placing such heavy restrictions upon vendor like that, being unable to improve its product over the course of its lifetime. No balancing, no patches, no whatever… play as it comes from the shelf, because everything else beyond that would not qualify for “as advertised”. Not to mention millions of leeches who just want fun for free and request refunds when they’re done with the game??

I do agree harsh restrictions are rarely the answer, however I am playing devils advovate…

the fact is the games industry operates in the “wild west” of consumer rights, in the fact that “you bought it, now we’ve got your money, we don’t care anymore”

this is contrary to every other industry in the world… including films/books/magazines/music etc…

steam took the first step in offering refunds for less than 2 hour played games, in my experience 2 hours is not long enough to decide whether you like it or not… which increases the prevalence of piracy because people want to know if they’re going to enjoy sinking hours of their play time into a game before spending money on it

we need a balance, something to keep companies from sticking the V’s up at you if you were “swindled” but I agree it cant be so restrictive so as to prevent innovation

its not easy as that, unhappy customers are unlikely to return and buy more of your stuff, screwing them over for no good reason is not a very wise strategy and is going to bite you at some point in the future. Bad PR has driven countless number of companies into bankruptcy.

how is it contrary? Can you buy music, magazines, books and give them back for refund after you used them?? Can you get your money back from movie theaters after watching a movie you did not enjoy? I wish I could in some way but thats not reality.

Steam is great, 2h might be somewhat short but thats at least something.

1 Like

then why is blizzard constantly screwing over their customers?.. lol

you can yes

you can, and I have, ive sat through 45 mintues of a 2 hour movie I didn’t like and been given a full refund and a coupon for 1/2 off another movie I wanted to see

agree

all I can say is if I was designing a game like OW, I wouldn’t monetise it like a AAA game…

I would probably make it subscription based along with the loot boxes…

but I would go further than that, I would have a weely/monthly flat fee which you could buy, and I would also do a PAYG or pay as go strategy…

you download the game, and pay in hourly, two hourly long increments load up your “in store wallet” and off you go, and it ticks down the more you play “actually in matches not waiting in queue”, so that way people can get to know your game and if they like it or not, then if they do, they can buy a month at a time, and if you’re feeling super fancy have a “lifetime” membership option

that way people who don’t like your game, or get tired with it, can move on having lost nothing because they’ve got everything they “paid” for

maybe they screw less people than they make happy with the changes they implement? Blizzard is/was known for great games, this might be changing after many of their core developers jumped the ship when blizzard merged with activision.

interesting, thats new to me, I’ve never heard of someone pulling off such a thing here in germany. Maybe worth trying next time I pick a crappy movie in a theater.

I used to work in the Theatre industry, the cinema’s make about 10% profit on movie tickets the rest of it goes to publishers for “renting” the right to show the movie, its the food items/extras they sell where the money is

the cinema I went to was probably more concerned with keeping me as a customer than on the 10% of my movie ticket, considering I purchase snacks from the concessions stand aswell… they got more money out of me than they lost because I went back for another movie with my coupon and bought more food

the trick is, be polite, always talk to the “manager” and explain things logically without anger ohh and most important “Vote with your feet… and wallet”

So I initially bought the game because you had the ability to switch to any hero/ hero type (Tank, Healer, Dps) which was advertised by Blizzard and now that they’ve introduced this stupid shltty role pick thing I now require a refund.

As you can see I’ve played the game a fair bit but ever since the role lock thing came to be I’ve not touched the game since its release. So I’ve wasted money on a game that I’ll never touch again because of a dumb update which changed the game. Now if I knew this update was going to come out I never would have bought the game in the first place.

So where’s my refund at?

not on this forum here. Open a ticket, if at all, but I think you will be laughed at.