Is overwatch dead?

i still have fun in qp and ranked…

1 Like

Good Game, make the game f2p until jan 2nd to try get more players as the games dead. yet anyone new to the game experiences smurfs every game. :smiley:

Making the game F2P will create a lot more smurfs though.

Techinically yes.

But as every game whos gone F2P has found, they numbers of players like that will go up as a total, but the percentage of the player base they take up will go down.

Unless they totally cock up the marketing of it and don’t bring in any new players. Which, with OW2 would be highly unlikely.

Even Apex managed it with zero marketing, so I think Blizzard can manage it.

2 Likes

The precise moment OW died for me was the OW2 announcement. I know it sounds odd in a world where companies try to release sequels but the longevity was what made Blizzard games special. Yes, SC2 did succeed from SC for example but it wasnt a kind of 1-2 years apart clear cash grab situation that many other companies try to do with their games. I simply dont feel OW was quite done, outdated or screaming for a sequel in any way and its feeling like devs struggle to figure out what to do with OW2 to make it stand out as an improvement as well.

ty for speaking the truth the killed their games by their corruption that what i call karma jeff is nice guy he wanted a good game but sadly the corruption take over justice from jesus himself that this corruption company is dead

Kinda unless they get their stuff sorted.

HELL YES. Overwatch is 100000% dead.

Yes this game is 10000% dead.

define dead. as long as 10 people are playing its not dead lol. but to me this game is soon dead.

Overwatch reminds me of the action cartoon shows with the cool toys, I mentioned this before that the people in the dev team admitted that.
So I picked some heroes I like and play with them recently picked up Sombra (Thanks for the video OverBOOP) So now my pool of heroes are Mei, D.VA, Trying to click with Kiriko and Sombra.

And you woke up after 7 months to tell us that ?did you had a coma or a stroke ?

1 Like

Archeology :pick: be like

At least, it’s only “7months” we’ve seen worse

Here is a man (or other gendered pronoun) who has not played DM against a hog.

Unless they fix their progression this game is dead to me.

These microtransactions are only acceptable in a game where its to bypass normal progression. In GTA Online you can earn enough money to buy any car in a week. You don’t want to wait/work that long? 19 dollar is enough, you can buy any car with that.

Currently with the 60 coins a week limit, there is no progression, 8 months for a legendary skin isn’t progression its an insult and a scam. You don’t offer people a bypass of the grind, you literally telling people they don’t deserve anything for playing your game unless they fess up.

Why should your reward even free2play players you ask? So they keep playing and give your game an active playerbase that draws in MORE paying customers! If the exacs don’t understand this they need to be replaced.

1 Like

Not at all it’s very alive

1 Like

Give it a bit more time, it won’t do so well.

1 Like

It’s just transforming from a MOBA based 1st person shooter to an ordinary COD clone. Aim and indiviual skills are now more important than teamplay. And that’s why many of the teamplayers leave.

2 Likes

Not true.

Aim and mechanics are more important now, but so is team work.

You see all the kids crying about their games constantly snowballing one way or another… It’s because they have zero team work. Mechanics mostly irrelevant at that point.

Absolutely spot on. Which is why you see players especially dooms etc. effectively leaving their teammates to die while they run ahead to victimise the other side’s “back row” if you can call it that now - though to be fair the very best dooms don’t do this.

Also, if your side doesn’t have this allocated to you by the matchmaker - you lose - sorry - which is in part why so many people are complaining about the matchmaking still despite it being “fixed”. It’s also why so many matches are so one-sided.

Props to the OP, OW succeeded because it aimed to create and carve out a niche as a new team based game, this they were overwhelmingly successful at - more than they had hoped. Undermining the team elements as much as they have is a terrible error, though one that won’t bite so much perhaps at first, though eventually it will.

1 Like