Just cant climb

how on earth are you supposed to get even 100 points away from your season high? I’ve been playing comp more consistently for like 6 weeks now and every game it’s the same deal with 3-4 “dps mains” who just dont know what flexin or even occasional switching or counterpicking is… every now and then I might get a 90SR or so win streak, but it gets instantly countered with well over 100SR lose streak… It took me over 2 weeks to get from 2400SR over the line to platinum, I climbed straight to almost 2700 and during the next couple of days si fall back to 2450 and just cant get back to platinum no matter what I do…

2 Likes

The magic word is “improve”. It gets you to top 500.
In other words, git gud.

1 Like

yeah, you only need a true love and a unicorn horn to summon 5 good team mates and than count on the good will of gods to bless you.
YOU CANT CARRY ALONE, get of that delusion already.
be good and have ton of luck, than you can climb

5 Likes

There is like 1000 bronze to gm streams/youtube vods of people doing it before it was made bannable offence. So keep your unicorns and stay in the wonderland where you think people climb with luck.

done by who? top 500?
playing solo in weekday evening?

1 Like

well, so far the right answer to “how i get to Diamond and better” is to buy another OW copy and do a better placements and get sent to Diamond from start.

1 Like

Are you playing solo? Because i suggest trying to find 1-2-3 etc team mates to play with 1st before buying a new copy of OW and see if that helps.

:man_facepalming:
Yeah sure. What ever.

Done by gms/top500 players. Done from bronze to gm/top 500. Solo. During their normal play times. Its harded to find twitch vods if you dont know who are playing, but youtube has a nice search bar you could use and find tons of vods.

Yeah, reminds me those motivational speeches of billionares how to make money
"You know you have to invest, like buy a few companies, “its so easy”
top 500 is a different case than person trying to be diamond/plat and getting shut down by trolls, leavers and general bad players all around him.

Sure. Because top 500 are way better. They deserve a higher rank. They carry games. If you want to be higher rank you have to deserve higher rank and carry games. Do you really think that you should just climb without carrying? Really? Because if you dont carry games you are where you belong.

There is no way to carry games when this is a team based game especially from platinum and above. Yes you can kill 5 out 6 people but if your team doesn’t follow you will die eventually as well . ( if that is what you mean by “carry games”).

1 Like

Carrying games means you have much higher impact on the out come of the game than rest of the players. Resulting you to win more than lose. Carrying doesent mean you go 1v6. Even tho if you are high ranked enough you can score 6 kills alone, but even top 500 guys cant 1v6 bronzes. They need the help of their bronze team mates to win the games, but their impact is big enough that they will win most of the games.

Btw I can carry plat games easy and Im only high dia/low master.

carry as what? widow? you cant carry as tank without support and you cant carry as anything without DPS…
and it certainly healthy for the game to climb on DPS to play support or tank in the diamond

also im -200SR just from the time of this conversation… Lobo monday it seems

1 Like

When you perform well ( or a lot better than normal )on your role that doesn’t mean you carry a game and it also doesn’t guarantee a win :open_mouth: ( it only means you are doing your job for the role you chose to play) Happened to me too many times to belive this is true. And besides that playing solo as I do won’t save you from trolls , leavers etc. which no matter how good you perform
it won’t make a difference.

Yeah because you can only carry as widow there is player called Eevea or eeveea I cant remember, anyways gm/top500 mercy who did bronze to gm as mercy. There are other guys who have done support only bronze to gm as well, but I think mercy is one of those chars that its hardest to carry.

Doesent make a difference? Holy f. Yeah performing well doesent mean you win every game. I didnt say say. Perfoming a lot better than people at your rank makes you rank up, not win 100% of your games. Also the trolls arguemnt is so old and explained by so many people that its getting boring. You have 5 chances of getting a troll or leaver in your team and enemy team has 6 chances so unless you troll or leave your self you get free SR in long run from trolls and leavers.

1 Like

You mean that 40% winrate merci? or do you have anything that is not ancient patch by now?

No. I dont know who you are talking about but I know there was one season while mercys sr gains were bugged. Eeveea is still gm/top 500 player so its highly unlikely that we are talking about same person.

Took a few seconds of google to find out that Eeveeas current winrate with mercy this season is 55.41%

Well is not old since today when i was playing i had a leaver in my team 11 games in a raw . And 1 game i won 1 SR. So you can’t tell :give me that old excuse. I also didn’t mean you will win 100% of your games if you perform really good( read again and don’t try to twist my words into something i didn’t say).

Whats a guarantee win if not 100%? I didnt say you said 100% win, but it was part of my argument because you were talking about guaranteed wins.

Also dont tell me any excuses. Ive climbed 4 times to diamond.