Lag, packet loss, fps drop

since 2 days ago my game has packet loss, hight latency (200+ms) and fps drop all at the same time! Even on menu or training mode i have this… what the hell is appening?! I reinstall the game and nothing changes… and its not my internet! this is the only game i have porblems… everytime i want to play i have this problems in the firts minutes and its very agressive, i move, i jump, aim etc the game incrises the latency and packet loss and my fps drops! after a few minutes this stops and i only have the server and packet loss network icons at the left side the screen showing constatly! I bought the game 2 or 3 weeks ago and everything was perfect, cant understand this… please blizzard, fix this.

My rig is:

CPU: AMD ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2070 SUPER OC EDITION
Motherboard: X570e
RAM: hyperX fury DDR4 32gb 3600mhz
SSD: Sandisk plus 1TB

1 Like

No help from the suport team?? I don’t understand why Blizzard has forums if no one helps or says if there’s a problem with European servers or other thing! Do something please, the game its unplayable like!

“since 2 days ago my game has packet loss, hight latency (200+ms) and fps drop all at the same time! Even on menu or training mode i have this… what the hell is appening?! I reinstall the game and nothing changes… and its not my internet! this is the only game i have porblems… everytime i want to play i have this problems in the firts minutes and its very agressive, i move, i jump, aim etc the game incrises the latency and packet loss and my fps drops! after a few minutes this stops and i only have the server and packet loss network icons at the left side the screen showing constatly! I bought the game 2 or 3 weeks ago and everything was perfect, cant understand this… please blizzard, fix this.”

My rig is:

CPU: AMD ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: Asus Dual RTX 2070 SUPER OC EDITION
Motherboard: X570e
RAM: hyperX fury DDR4 32gb 3600mhz
SSD: Sandisk plus 1TB

you should try posting this on the american forum since the support is more active there and it has a bigger userbase maybe someone can suggest a fix
gl

Hi there Kliovaka69,

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having, though there is no need to create multiple threads.

So you’re really talking about two separate problems here, and for the first one (low performance at the start of running the game), check out the thread here: FPS issues ONLY at the start.

You can also find more info and steps to try in the US thread here: Unplayable FPS on/after startup.

As for the packet loss and latency issue you describe, that would be a separate problem and you can find more about how to troubleshoot it here: Overwatch - Latency Problems.

Finally if you need help having a look at any part of the diagnostics, you’d need to run some tests and provide the results, as per the instructions here: Common Connection and Latency Issues - #6 by Hagut.

You can share links in your post as Preformatted text by highlighting your link and clicking the </> icon or writing the link between ``. To share files with us, you can use a page like Pastebin.com or share directly with us through OneDrive.

I´ve been having the same issue too. the game was working fine until a few days after the new map was updated. now I get all sorts of symbols and lags.

spent all night trying to get the best settings to get the game working smoothly again. on the menu I can get my fps to 100+ but on the game, it’s a mix between 30 to 60, which is fine since my laptop isn´t top gaming.

I even tried disabling this hpet thing. in the end, I learned that I can set the power mode to the best performance and overwatch launcher to high performance. this gives me 60 fps which is suitable for what I have, though I´ve seen higher on other games.

so, now that I have high fps and all settings in-game on low and outside of game-high, I´m still getting all the symbols as OP (lighting symbol, a bunch of walls symbols which is packet loss I believe)

Tyrskorn - None of that works, the problem was solved when you did a server maintenance but now i have the exact same problem again! Menu with extreme lag/huge fps drops and in game too… after some minutes the problem goes away. I have the new gpu driver installed (version 461.40). Do something, this dont make any sense…

I’m having the same problem. I normally play over 200 fps and now its stutters when shouting. I was figuring the problem was with the render scale since it kept going to 140% automatically. I change the settings file to read only and the problem persists.

I found a solution for me! Before that now i know why this happens… it happens everytime i upgrade gpu drivers and i dont know why lol its only with this game! Now the solution: Close battle.net app and open as admin. You only need to do this once and problem solved.