Leavers can't be reported after game

Leavers are obviously a big problem in OW, so it fascinates me that leavers don’t show among “Recent players” once you have leave the game.
It’s just one empty spot!

Why?
I don’t want to stop playing, standing in spawn like a Vegetable, having team players go “AFK!!!”, while writing a report. I’d also take the risk of being disconnected from the game, suspended for inactivity.

So, why can’t I report each and every one of those lame, spineless, inpatient scumbags under “Social → Recent players” ??

1 Like

They will be in the big list below. So you can just click on them there and do it.

Just remember, you’ll most likely be reporting someone for having internet issues, or a power cut… So if you’re ok being that harsh with people, go ahead

Thanks!

I’m aware that a lot of players get DC for other reasons.
But I’m talking about players that rage after losing first round and basically tell the team to “FO” and then leave.

2 Likes

Yeah, but here is a question for you. It is an automated system, so how does it detect what type of leave it is?

IF it could use someone pressing the leave match button (for example)… ok, I will just Alt+F4, or disconnect my router.

You can report anyone you like. But sometimes it might be a little harsh.

Even people who quit once for emergency knocks at the door, Toilet etc should be banned for a week first offence. Second offence two weeks and third three weeks. After that you are put in with other leavers only…FOREVER.

I despise these people, And i have zero sympathy with someone who has a bad connection. It doesnt matter its an online competetive 5v5 game. Breakdown those theee aspects you see how leavers and unrelables break each one.

Its online and thus a good online connectiin is mandatory. It is competitive, Leavers ruin your chance to win ban them. Its a 5v5 game and thus leavers make it 5v4. Theres zero excuse for these people if you have bad internet face reality and stop trying to play online!

No they shouldn’t, that’s a bit ridiculous.

I agree that something should be done, but banning for a week is a little harsh for first offence.
One can’t help it if there’s (for example) a sudden medical emergency in the family, or just the house you’re in.
Or someone sets your apartment block on fire.
Your internet cuts because a nearby construction yard dug in the wrong place (I’ve lost electricity this way for hours one time)

If leaving is constant though, then we can look at harsher punishments as possibilities.

You get banned for a season after 4 leaves. It escalates quickly

1 Like

Give an inch and lose a mile. If you get slapped with a week ban you will sort that out real fast i bet. A day? They will watch streams until tomorrow and call it a network glitch.

So people keep getting the odd game ruined. These people add up so it has to be harsh to have high standards.

In normal times, you ban me for a week I’d play on another account.

Right now I’m playing so little I probably wouldn’t notice lol.

I would prefer he option to report a leaver rather than ‘Gameplay Sabotage’ for instance.
Even better, I’d prefer to just block the ability to play with them ever again, or for them to be banned for the competitive season.

Blizzard could actually resolve the issue by cancelling the match and punishing said player so no one else has to suffer the loss/or fortunate win.

I am punished multiple times for having a leaver. Tonight, I had 3 leavers in 3 games in a row. The fact Blizzard continue to consider Overwatch to be a ranked game while allowing this to continue are off their heads. You can see why they’re trying to force their OWL and that its dropped in viewers.

1 Like

Agreed Rodders, one day, hopefully Blizzard will open their eyes to the fact so many people are punished for having a leaver on the team. I’ve dropped so much SR due to having a leaver, doesn’t matter how well you play.

1 Like

But your MMR isn’t impacted and your next games will be easier, just meaning you will gain a lot more when you win sending you straight back up.

Other thing, this season means nothing. Your SR doesn’t matter now.

Your MMR will determine where you are in the new ranked system. And your MMR isn’t impacted in these games. So outside some slight annoyance, it literally doesn’t matter.

to you, doesnt matter to YOU

1 Like

Doesn’t matter to you either, or you’d be playing on this account you claim is your only account.

Or, you could just say what your main is… Lol

MMR is affected, they haven’t been able to ensure that.
Nothing previously released by Blizzard/their Devs ensures that.

SR is also affected

MMR is calculated more on your performance, result is a low weighting. When there is a leaver however, no changes to your MMR happen.

This is how some nerds a while back managed to derank to silver ans still play in Master/GM lobbies.

If you’re worried about SR, fine, but youre distracting yourself from your own performances.

I’m not distracting myself from my own performances, I am able to have more than a linear view. They have said that they do not know how to restrict MMR from being affected, also SR has been lost which is visible, both is not right.

1 Like

MMR isn’t impacted. So don’t worry about it. You’ll have bigger gains of SR in your next win.

You also played at a time when works were going on and there was know server disturbances. So you were already playing with fire there.

This wasn’t announced on BattleNet, therefore users including myself were not made aware that they were tampering with live servers.
If anything, they should of waited until all live games were completed rather than trashing ranked at the very least.

Just shows what we’re to expect when we go into OW2 - no difference, if they still think tampering with Prod is acceptable without a proper date and time prod outage.