Lucio ball... again?

It’s time to make something new blizz. Something summer related, not just lucioball

7 Likes

Yes please. It’s really boring and I hate football in general, I was kinda hoping for something different this time around.

3 Likes

Feels to much like tennis tbh there no point into going mid field just stay at goal and count on rng to score a goal.

3 Likes

Yeah for me too lucioball is boring and I don’t like it. I hopped Blizzard would make something new and these new items are “meh” too sadly for me.

3 Likes

True, but i believe they’re just being lazy and can’t come up with something new…only another background to the game to probably make it “look better”

I dunno what they were thinking but adding something new would have been better.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking, maybe they are too busy preparing something new and big so that’s why they put lucio ball again :thinking:

1 Like

+1
Lucio Ball is fun, but 3 years in row with nothing new just screams laziness to me.

3 Likes

The game has only been out for two years

Its fun but we’ve played that for the past 3 times already. How about Pharah Basketball or Genji Tennis?

1 Like

They’re just lazy and can’t come up with any new idéa’s.

I bet blizzard also know like we fans that summer games is the worst event there is.

They might not have found a good idea that feels fresh yet.

One idea for an innovative game mode would be a race mall mode with hammond. Given the fact, however, that hammond got released only recently, there wouldn’t be enough time to do such a mode.

I’m sure a very large portion of people agree with what I’m about to say. I know the dev team work hard most events but this event feels like it lacks anything interesting.

I was looking forward to the event today and when I got home I bought some loot boxes to get the new skins, highlight intros and emotes. To find that there is less emotes and less skins than before. As well as that, very few new voicelines and next to no sprays (even if these aren’t the “wow-factor” of new events some people such as myself find them cute, funny or cool).

Not only was I upset about the abundance of new content, Lucioball is boring. The first year it was funny, and you could enjoy it because it was new content. Next year was the exact same game mode but it was justified because their was a competitive mode implemented and plenty of unlockables. This year we’ve got nothing but a reskin of the Lucio ball map. I played 3 games and was drained afterwards, I wasn’t having any fun whatsoever. I even heard the phrase “competitive is better than this”, and that’s something, considering it was from a player who dragged themselves through gold into high plat. The game mode is also still broken. I’ve had the same issues with shots that feel like they should of hit for the last 3 years, which shows that the team isn’t focusing on that hit reg.

Hopefully next year we’ll get a new event and I have a few ideas what can be done. It’s possible to do tennis, I’ve seen Genji’s deflecting bombs over Mercy’s beam, just create a map and have 4 Genji’s deflect a bigger tennis ball? Volleyball is an interesting suggestion too, Doomfist’s abilities replicate that of volleyball players (uppercut=serve, punch=spike, seismic slam can launch the ball up instead of towards the player). I find it upsetting that you’ve associated each hero with a sport but don’t see the potential of adding it into the game.

Seconding this.

Now i need that Genji’s game mode right now

1 Like

And no, Competitive Lucio Ball won’t cut it. Since other sports related skins for characters came out, maybe we could get new modes involving them?
A Race-Type mode would be great for Tracer, or maybe a “Gridball” one for Reinhardt. Lucio Ball is just boring, and aggrivating.

2 Likes

I think a race mode with hammond would be really neat.

Swinging and rolling through a track against other hamster balls.

Jeez now I wanna play super monkey ball again…

2 Likes

its not football its lucioball

lucioball is utter rubbish.

1. You are slower than the ball
  2. the ball does not follow a predictive path
  3. Hitting the ball is complete luck, neither punching nor boop connect where they’re supposed to.
  4. Everything is so floaty nothing feels right
  5. Ulting just means you’re too fast to control anything
  6. Goals are complete luck
  7. Stadium maps are just reskins, there is nothing different about the terrain, yet so much dev work goes into the outside. that you won’t see. why?
  8. the jump pads are detrimental to gameplay. Trying to lob the ball high? No, you were on a jump pad so you blast into the sky with no control and watch as the ball rolls around pointlessly.
  9. Only lucio. Other characters could definitely be in this.
  10. 60 - 70% of goals are own goals.
  11. Most matches just end with goalies bouncing it top one another hoping they miss.

I could go on.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that they are working on some sort of diablo project (one or more) so lets “forgive” them for the next lucioball.

So just like regular football?

if you aim properly you can hit where you want to.

See above and I agree with the network issues.

I dislike the ults too because it’s nearly a 90% goal for you when used in higher levels. It’s literally a game about ults again.

No.

I wish they would add some kind of slide walls inside of the field and not only the ones on the outside.

No idea what you are talking about but you can lob the ball high without jumping.

It’s called lucioball.

No?

No too. Especially not in higher tiers. Maybe in gold or so.

2 Likes

2 years… and to make a new event “mode” takes a lot of time (1year+)