Matchmaking trouble

What on earth is comp matchmaking, i get with a new influx of players an all they can invade the mode but almost every session ive played now ive got players that play and act like 2 or 3 ranks below me, like im meant to be with plat players yet im being put in games with the supports having no idea how they work or what to do, you’ve got tanks walking forward without a second thought practically touching the spawn door and then whine about not being healed when they’re behind 4 seperare walls, i kept track and my last 7 games I’ve literally have triple the stats of my other support that I’ve been put with on most matches an at the least doubled them, my deaths have always been below 5 come end of match or 10 on a bad day, im contributing and getting saves, making good plays and hard carrying the best i can as a singular support, but i dont understand how im meant to rank up when the enemy has a five stack, use comms, use meta heroes, and im stuck no comms/pings, bronze teammates who play like they’ve got their monitor off, and pick people like sym to counter pharah’s not to mention chances are the enemy team have a mercy pocked soujorn, hog/orisa, etc. I literally had a match where a soldier went and sat on the boats in rialto by the bride for 3 whole fights before jumping off into the river and leaving like it was a custom game. Like i would much rather cope with longer queue times if it meant im actually with people my rank and not some bronze kid who doesnt even know his ABC’s yet-.

As a final point, despite all my efforts with what the matchmaking is giving me, i go through all the effort of basically babysitting 4 children who dont know how to function and inevitably hussle myself 7 wins. An because I’ve not done bad by any means as a support and my stats and skill is good i dont rank down, but because ive been losing due to the teammates half the time, it wont rank me up either, So im stuck getting the same rank achievement every time i manage to get the 7 wins. Please fix the matchmaker so i can actually play with people my skill level. Because my mmr is not on par with these literal children :confused:

This is a far too common excuse used.

Sadly, if they are in your games… Then you are not much better. You will all have a similar MMR (or average MMR if you’re in a stack). If you don’t want them in your games there is only 1 (technically 2) things you can do.

Destroy. Hard carry. Climb
(the other option is not recommended and that is hard troll and derank)

Yep, have similiar experiences.
Too often the games are one-sided, and there is literally nothing you can do more of when you’re out-statting your fellow healer (or out damaging your fellow dps, whichever role you’re playing).

You should review peoples profiles and see if they’re like for like. Plat vs Plat or Diamond vs Silver (which I have seen)

The devs have posted recently regarding matchmaking changes that they’re looking to do. One of which is to focus on the disparities between the teams which are creating these onesided games - though these changes will likely take months.

The full article being here:
http s://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/23896785/

If you take alook at the section ‘Skill variation within groups’, theres a paragraph highlighting this improvement they’re looking to bring to Prod:

We’ve got changes coming to the game over the next few months which will dramatically reduce these disparities. We’ll try to find pairs of similarly rated players in each role when making a match. For support and damage roles, which have two slots, each player will be paired with one player on the opposite team. There will still sometimes be matches with a large range of differently skilled players, but in these cases, the two teams will be more like mirror images of each other.

So it looks like its another problem that they’ve introduced since going to OW2. Likely due to the limited real scenario game testing.

All you can do for now is keep playing good, and hope the luck is on your side in regards to the matchmaker setting up the teams.

Best of luck mate.

Spamming the same thing again. Taking things out of context without applying logic to what you are being told.

You know that article has had press officers hands on it right. You need to read a little between the lines and consider the complexities of player availability.

I’m sharing what we can understand to be the truth with other people - as potentially this guy with two posts to his name may not be aware of it. The logic is that, whatever MM changes Blizzard are doing, will hopefully dramatically reduce these disparities we’re seeing in these matches, similar to OPs post.

No I don’t need to read between the lines, just read what Blizzard have explained to us, simple as. Anything else is opinion and thought process - which I care little for what you have to say about it.

I’m sorry that my truth seeking has caught out your lies countless times, but I’ve no doubt, that these forum users would prefer truth, and the source of the truth. Me providing this truth (and source to it) will hopefully guide other users to see through your dogmatism.

You really do. Taking it literally word for word isn’t really going to help. You need to apply that to a logical thought process and how it would impact the bell curve that is the player base.

Until then you are just spamming the same thing over and over, and not really offering anything.

No thank you. I’ll stick to whats been said by Blizzard and share the truth where it may help. You carry on with your little bell curve.

It isn’t mine. It has been published many times.

But you are stuck in this loop with this. It isn’t helping you. They PR spin something and you gobble it up. You have to look past what they are saying.

I don’t care what you think.

It is a shame that you said that.

matchmaking trouble?
There is no matchmaking in any way shape or form, they just grab any1 they can to have 1min q times.
Ive just played my last ow game ill ever play.
I had to go trough a match vs a widow ranked 156! wilst being in silver, SILVER!

1 Like

No you didn’t.
They might of had that rank on a different role, but that’s a stretch,

or open queue, but ones playing open queue so that’s easy to do.

1 Like

Q: Why do streamers and pro players often have such long queue times and often end up in poor-quality matches?
A: Perhaps the largest factor that influences match quality is just the population of players at that skill level. Top 500 is a small population compared to the millions of players at lower ranks.

Towards the center of the rating curve, there are tons of players in the matchmaking queue for us to choose from, all of whom would allow for a good match, so it’s much easier for us to ensure a good quality match.

You were saying…

I never rejected the bell curve - everyone knows theres few extremely low players, and few extremely high players. I never rejected it taking more time to locate players in that queue.

I rejected your statement when you said the matchmaking changes they’re looking to make (to rid of the disapirities/onesided matches) would only affect the low/high ranks.

No where in this comms did they state the changes they were looking to make would only affect the high/low ranks - get with the times…

They literally just explained exaclty what I was saying.

I said you wouldn’t notice any changes, as they also state in a much more polished way.

Can you quote the text where they said I wouldn’t notice any changes? I’ve read through their entire comms and I can’t see it.

Lol. I love how you are completely unable to see past the linear. Unless it’s explicitly said directly to you, you don’t understand.

For which you are unable to prove, so this is one of your opinions.
It is nice that you’ve found something that you love, which is abit weird lets be honest as you don’t even know me.

It’s people like you they were calling out with the FAQ section. Was funny to see.

What have they said that called me out?