Microsoft to buy Activision Blizzard

Great news all round.

Xbox gets more exclusives potential.
AB get rid of their toxic management
Teams get better funding and leadership.

(And I make a tidy profit on my shares. Good move buying when the price collapsed following the lawsuit… Lol)

Hopefully they will take over the forums and make them cleaner as well. :smiley:

You saying you want less discussion on a nearly silent forum?

There is a good way to get that result yourself.

Also, just to be smug, I did call it before Christmas…

1 Like

Bobby Kotic is still in charge so much not will change. :man_shrugging:

They’ve announced nothing changes til the deal completes.

That will take up to 18 months.

Then he goes.

To get rid of him now would cost them over $250mil

why would it cost $250mil?

Because he could argue it is without cause, which would mean a lot of payouts for various things. Almost all of that would be buying back shares. Which they don’t have the cash to do.

It actually works out more efficient for Microsoft to buy him out.

I’d rather he was publically removed… But sadly he’s well protected until he’s hit with a guilty verdict. Which is unlikely, thanks to the mad way the US legal system works.

Now do I/eye and/& all us get
#TEAMXBOX skins/costumes/skins/outfits?

Wait. I thought you’d been banned. Damn.

But to answer you. Not for a long time yet, probably never.

1 Like

You are good guy,but,here is the things about Boby Kotick,he was in the company since 1991,we are now in 2022,telling something against him is not nice,he said: ‘‘I will leave if community want that,am ready to go’’,Boby Kotick is a good guy,what happend in the company in the past,that happend everyday somwhere else,but they fact is,to much drama about it,without drama this problem would be ordinary problem like you going to the Dentist.So people don’t get me wrong,Boby Kotic was there since 1991,how much joy you had since there till 2022?I had alooooot joy into BFA wow expansion,Legion,Shadowlands,and Overwatch,Diablo since 2015 till now,I meet alot people very nice people and still meeting new and new people,community is 10/10,I would like Boby Kotick to stey with the team.We all doing mistakes in our lifes everday,small one,bigger one dosn’t metter at all,but u succeed to ignore it,that’s how we suppose to do it even when is about someone else.I personal don’t think Boby Kotick did anything bad,but I see he did alot trys do fix the problem.thank you Boby Kotick.

I would suggest you do a little research if you think Kotick was even remotely good.

Don’t get me wrong,am almost 31,I learn something,meny meny things,one of those is,when u have something,if is good you will keep it,mistakes are nature,we all doing them every day and we do not pay attention on it bcs its ‘‘WE’’,when is about someone else we rather pay attention.Boby Kotick is huge name,what I learn is,what we have we have to keep safe,it’s easy to abdone it,to reject it,to leave it,but hard to return,once when we lose it then we ask our self ‘‘why’’ ? Think about it.

told you, kinda saw this happening, blizz stock goes down and microsoft been riding high for a while looking to buy big IP’s

That’s not what you said when I thought Microsoft would be interested a couple of months ago lol.

Either way, should be a great move for all.

No more need for a WoW sub, just game pass. With EA Play and Ubisoft+ on game pass now too… Pretty much no need to “buy” games anymore.

My next hunch… Halo themed Candy Crush, and Microsoft to go after Valve and Sega.

@RodimusPrime , Are you sure they will cancel wow sub,and it requared only Game expansion?What you mean by ‘‘no need to buy games anymore’’ ?

No one can be sure. But it’s a logical more.

No more buying games, as they are free on game pass (subscription required obv)

They won’t cancel WoW sub.

1 Like

They probably will, make you take a game pass subscription instead.

Which will be better for the player, and them.

@RodimusPrime,that will change entire game,and ofc it will affect the game.I pay 13uros for the game each month for last 7 years,I don’t undrstend why is problem to keep like that?Another thing,does Microsoft bought as well stack of the company that hold mr. Tencent?

1 Like

Won’t change anything, other than who you’re paying. But will also give you access to hundreds of other cool games for “free”. Also, game pass is cheaper.

Will mean the expansions also become free with your game pass sub.

More exposure for the game, meaning chances for more players.

Tencent don’t own much, but Microsoft are buying all shares for $95 a share.

1 Like