My Overwatch OC - Asena Sarıkurt

Hey there, everyone. I guess my Overwatch forum account was moved once again. So I re-created my forum for my Overwatch OC. Here comes Asena Sarıkurt, callsign is Blondewolf One:

Name: Asena Sarıkurt

Alias: Blondewolf One

Race: Caucasian

DOB: 9th January

Job: Rifleman

Affiliation: Turkish Land Forces, Overwatch (as Support)

Role: Damage

Height: 1.84 m

Weight: 78 kg

Health Max: 200

Ammo Max: 8

Background/Bio: Asena Sarıkurt was born on 9th January in Gallipoli, the district of Dardanelles (Çanakkale). Her parents were working in military schools as both teacher and commander. Her father was an engineer, her mother was history teacher. When Omnic Crisis broke out, her father became the commander of a unit combined with mechanized infantry and tank division. During the events on Dardanelles, she lived with her mother but her fighting desire has impressed her parents. She decided to study in military schools and be a useful warrrior for her motherland. And so it happened. She graduated from Kara Harp Okulu. With Overwatch’s support, she retook Symmera (İzmir), Adana and Ağrı. When fighting, she met with Tracer, Jack Morrison, Winston, Ana and Angela Zigler. During her support with OW, she learnt a lot of events such as Venice Incident and Gerard’s death. After OW has been disbanded, she felt a bit lonely and sad for missing the opportunity to join OW. But she knew where she belonged: Her homeland, and her army. One night, she learnt the events that cost the life of Zenyatta’s brother, filling her hatred towards Talon with a passion like no other. But she realized she needed the time to come right when Talon goes out of its lair.

Appearence: She has a well-built body. Her hair is light blond in plaits and Nazar, her hairpin, is tightened on the end of her plaited hair. Eye color is light blue. She wears a camouflaged pants, a couple of long military boots that reach to her knees and a military shirt with right sleeves rolled up. She has a data glove on the left arm which uses for contact with HQ and airstrike call.

Personality: She’s an eager person to sacrifice herself for her homecountry. Despite being from a wealthy family, she wants to be a good person for herself and her country. She’s good at meeting new people and having friendship. In conversation with Zenyatta, she talks about the suffering side of the world, the phantom pain, the never-coming peace and things like those. She holds her grudge against Widow and Reaper for taking innocents’ lives and Mondatta’s and also the incident on Venice. She also can make a good friendship with Orisa, because their behaviors are very alike.

Abilities

Passive: War Face
-Enemies finished off with Bayonet will result in enhanced damage for 10 seconds.

Primary Weapon: Rifle
-An Overwatch standard issue rifle customized and upgraded by Asena. Powerful against medium and long targets and carries 8 rounds with a speedy reload.

First Ability: Smart Sights
-When Asena takes aim, the rate of fire increases but her movement gets slower.

Second Ability: Bayonet
-Asena will lunge forward in which results in major damage. Enemies will be stunned for a few seconds and knocked backwards.

Third Ability: Gravity Mine
-Up to 2 landmines can be placed and cause enemies to levitate up and stay suspended in air, allowing them to be vulnerable to sniper fire. This ability can also be a good combination with her ultimate since she can have an enemy unable to escape her bombing run that has a delay to activate.

Ultimate: Air Strike
-Using her wrist computer, Asena can place a marker and call in a devastatingly powerful aircraft gun run that bombards a specified radius of the marker for a couple of seconds. A well coordinated attack can provide the most effective damage due to a 4 second activation delay of the bombardment.

Communication

• Merhaba (Hello)
  • Hi there, people. (Hello #2)
  • Hi there, ma’am. (Hello #3 if hero is female.)
  • Hi there, sir. (Hello #4 if hero is male.)
  • I need medical treatment! (Need healing)
  • I’m wounded. Call medic! (Need healing #2)
  • Many thanks. (Thanks)
  • Eyvallah (Thanks #2)
  • Got your point! (Acknowledge)
  • Got it right! (Acknowledge #2)
  • Anlaşıldı. (“Roger that” in Turkish) (Acknowledge #3)
  • Yes, sir. / Yes, ma’am. (if heroine is female.) (Acknowledge #4)
  • Takım, toparlanın. (Team, group up.) (Group up)
  • Regroup on me. (Group up #2)

Chatter

• For my ancestors… for my country. (Hero selected.)
  • Let’s give these suckers a proper welcome with a sudden charge. (During Set Up)
  • Get ready well. This mission is too valuable for us. (During Set Up #2)
  • The only way to put an end to the war… is to bloom love on the battlefield. (During Set Up #3)
  • Hadi kızım, yaparsın. (Come on girl, you can do it.) (Respawn)
  • I must continue where I left off. (Respawn #2)
  • Kept you waiting, huh? (Respawn #3)
  • Phew, Thank God. (Pick up Health Pack)
  • My wounds are healed. (Pick up Health Pack #2)
  • Not yet! It’s not over yet! (Resurrected.)
  • Enemy units came back to life! (Enemy Resurrected)

Call-Outs

• Asena, ready to serve. (Hero Change)
  • Take cover, sniper! (Sniper Sighted)
  • Enemies are on our sight. (Enemy Sighted)
  • Targets ahead! Engage engage engage! (Enemy Sighted #2)
  • I spotted the turret. Move to the defense position. (Turret Sighted)
  • You can stop worrying about that turret now. (Turret Destroyed)
  • Teleporter on the sight. Gotta be destroyed! (Teleporter Sighted)
  • Teleporter is non-operational. I say again, teleporter is non-operational. (Teleporter Destroyed)
  • No time left to lose. Stop fooling around and establish defense line. (Time is Running Out (Defense) )
  • Here they come again. Give them everything we’ve got!. (Time is Running Out (Defense) #2)
  • Move your butt, people! We got a place to attack! (Time is Running Out (Attack) )
  • Pick up the pace and attack the point! (Time is Running Out (Attack) #2)
  • CHAAARRRGGEEE!!! (Nano Boosted)
  • LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I’M BAAAAACCCCKKK!!! (Nano Boosted #2)

Eliminations

• You never had your chance to fall back. (Final Blow)
  • For fallen brothers in arms! (Final Blow #2)
  • I fight for what I believe in and love! (Final Blow #3)
  • Sacrifice is our great wish for our homes and people! (Final Blow #4)
  • Suffer for what you’ve done to me! (Revenge)
  • Writhe in agony and you’ll learn your consequence of messing with me! (Revenge #2)
  • My fallen brothers’ are avenged! (Revenge #3)
  • You deserved to burn in hell for this! (Revenge #4)
  • Peace for homeland, peace for the world. (Killstreak)
  • Unless it’s a necessary, don’t fight against me. (Killstreak #2)

Abilities

• Gez, göz, arpacık. (Smart Sights)
  • Adımlarınıza dikkat edin. (Watch your steps.) (Land Mine)
  • I deployed the mine, go around. (Land Mine #2)
  • Allah Allah Allah Allah Allah!!! (Bayonet)
  • GRRRAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHH!!! furiously (Bayonet #2)
  • Kızılşahin, hedefler işaretlendi! (Red Falcon, targets are sighted!) (enemy /self ) (Strafe Run)
  • Take cover, people. Airstrike incoming! (friendly) (Strafe Run)

Interactions

Asena: This world will never see peace coming… As long as the war is still out there.
Zenyatta: Life is like an exam. Pass positive and you’ll find the true peace.

Asena #2: I see your phantom pain being still fresh, Zenyatta… Even though you are able to remain calm and handle it.
Zenyatta #2: Humans… and us omnics have the same pains on this suffering planet.

Asena 3#: I will make that Frenchie pay for what she’s done to you!
Zenyatta #3: True warrior is not the one who defeats anyone but handles her self-conscious.

Winston: Tracer and Jack told me about you. They will give their regards to you.
Asena: Thank you, Winston. Next time they meet you, give my regards to them in return.

Asena: Are you too young to use that mecha which was supposed to be used by grown-up pilots?
D.Va: The Omnics rendered our drone-controlling networks useless as they adapted our system. That’s why.

(Only triggers on Busan)

Asena: I heard you were fighting against Gwishins who came so sooner. Did you get hurt in anywhere?
D.Va: Aww, thanks for worrying about me. But don’t worry, I am always able to handle it.

Asena #2: excited I’m feeling like I’m in a dream. Maybe we should play some shoot 'em up games together.
D.Va#2: Eheheheheh! Of course, my love. After this match, we can play at night.

Asena: Gerard, Ana and now Mondatta. All three will never see you in the heaven outside of you.
Widowmaker: Hah! Heaven is not my place to live anyway.

Asena: The Incident on Venice was what made me sad about OW being disbanded. Your reckless behavior will not go unpaid.
Reaper: Let us see who will do first!

Tracer: Every night I sleep, I’m seeing Mondatta being killed in front of my eyes. A terrible déja vu.
Asena: His death gave us a phantom pain. But he will rest in peace at least.

Asena#2: Fate can be both good and bad in these timelines. Mondatta, your choice of becoming an Overwatch agent, Rialto Incident, everything.
Tracer#2: You’re right. Once it happened, there is no turning back.

Asena: Your motherhood must be hard. Both fighting and looking after your daughter.
Ana: I know, habibti. But I don’t want anything and anyone wronged.

Asena #2: I would kill her right there with no hesitation if I were you.
Ana #2: And the things would be different.

Asena: Angela. Would you like to work in Turkish Crescent?
Mercy: I wish I would, but I work alone to save everyone.

Asena: I have my eyes on you. If you hack again for personal profit, I’ll delete you like an antivirus.
Sombra: Even if you would like, I can find solution anyway.

Asena: Hey, Orisa. I’m so glad that Efi made you as “true protector”. Let’s fight for a better tomorrow. For our homes.
Orisa: You have the same wish as I do. Very interesting. When the time comes, I’ll fight with you for our better futures.

Soldier 76: It’s a shame you never had an opportunity to join us. But we all would be scattered even before you came.
Asena: I missed an opportunity, but I am not all alone. Because I know where I belong.

Soldier 76 #2: Ready to fight again?
Asena #2: Just like old days, I always am!

Reinhardt: Ahhh, so you’re the Turkish blonde wolf whom Jack Morrison mentioned me about. Do you love fighting like me?
Asena: giggles Of course, Reinhardt. I love fighting for my friends and my homecountry.

Asena #2: Let’s hammer them down!
Reinhardt #2: Hehe, I love this behavior.

Brigitte: Ready to rally to me?
Asena: Affirmative!

Asena: Have you ever met Winston, Hammond?
Wrecking Ball: squeaks his ball translates He says he never met since escape from Horizon Lunar Colony.

Asena: You could kill Winston, or take down Genji. But no! You chose Tracer!
Doomfist: A choose is a choose. There’s no turning back after making your choose.

(Only triggers on Eichenwalde)

Asena: You and your Crusaders sacrificed everything to hold the Omnics off. Same thing with different way happened in Chunuk Bair. Except I wasn’t fighting for the glory but fighting for the love of my homecountry.
Reinhardt: As long as we live, the heart of our fallen brothers and ours can never be broken.

Ashe: Semi-automatic rifles? Pff, how amateuristic!
Asena: sarcastically Like you ever used the one.

Ashe #2: Still using antique tactics and rifle? Pff, please. You must be joking.
Asena #2: What about your lever action rifle, hmm? Says to me otherwise.

McCree: Is Ashe still making you angry about the weapons?
Asena: She? Ha, not even patch on me.

Asena #2: You know, the time Reyes killed Antonio has changed our lives.
McCree #2: Sadly yes. You should have seen it with your own eyes.
Asena: If only…

Asena: Anyone else you met aside Ashe?
McCree: There’s an omnic lady named “Echo”. I revived her after I beaten Ashe. We need her.
Asena: Maybe I can meet her for the first time.

Asena: Did you feel shaken when you learnt about your mama’s event?
Pharah: Yes, and it was heartbreaking.

Asena #2: What would happen if you joined OW too early?
Pharah #2: I would be her savior and finish where Widow started.

Asena: Vishkar Company has robbed you of what normal person would have. They deceived you for so-called “order”.
Symmetra: You are no different than freedom-thinker Lucio.

Symmetra #2: Order can bring peace. But… you don’t see.
Asena #2: The order you mention is a delusional fantasy created by Vishkar themself.

Asena: Commander Sultan. Do you still hold grudge against Omincs?
Sultan: I only say this: I don’t trust them at all.

Asena #2: The war is over, Sultan. But you never have changed a bit.
Sultan #2: What can I say? When more things change, the other more stay the same.

(Only triggers on Paris)

Widowmaker: I’ll make you die like Gerard did.
Asena: Not a chance, Widow. Gerard would never forgive you if he survived.

Widowmaker #2: Still smelling sour vengeance. But it will never help.
Asena #2: And those you killed will never leave you alone in sleep.

Asena #3: I heard of Zen’s grief over his brother’s death. It was you and your friends in Talon who caused this mess.
Widowmaker #3: Hehehe, it’s a good thing she zapped herself in the stupidest way. Ahhh, I wish I would kill her too.

Asena #4: This place… will be your sole grave. For Gerard, for Ana… and for Mondatta.
Widowmaker #4: Hahahaha, trying to take vendetta on me? You’ll suffer like Gerard… TO DEATH!!!

Asena: I’m sorry for the loss you had during that crisis.
Baptiste: No need to be worried about me, now. We can’t change the past, but we can surely make a better future.

Asena #2: Why did you join Talon? You know they are the havoc against our world.
Baptiste #2: I didn’t realize back then. And I had no choice but to join to Talon.

Kills or Witness Friendly Kills

When Asena kills Ana: The heaven is under mothers’ feet.

When Asena kills Tracer: Sorry, Tracer. You kept me waiting so long!

When Asena kills Widowmaker: Gerard, Ana and Mondatta… You all are avenged.

When Asena kills Widowmaker #2: PAYBACK TIME!!!

When Asena kills Reaper, Widowmaker or Doomfist: Phantom pain is gone! Now those who died will rest in peace.

When Asena kills Sombra: Trojan Horse has been eliminated!

When Asena kills Mercy: Heroes die only once.

When Asena kills Reaper: Go back to where you’ve come from, Reyes!

When Asena kills D.Va: If you fight, you must see its horrific sight.

When Asena kills D.Va #2: You should have listened to Soldier: 76.

When Asena kills Ashe with Bayonet Charge: Those who never learnt to use bayonet charge are amateurs.

When Asena kills Ashe #2: My ancestors have been doing this for hundreds of years!

When Asena kills Ashe #3: A disgrace to my ancestors has been taken care of.

When Asena kills Wrecking Ball: Area granted!

When Asena witnesses her friendly Tracer getting killed: She never runs her time out.

When Asena witnesses her friendly Orisa getting killed: sad but loud tone Orisa is down!

When Asena witnesses her friendly Widowmaker getting killed: You are dead. Not a big surprise for me.

When Asena witnesses her friendly Mercy getting killed: Those who killed you will pay for.

When Asena witnesses her friendly Sombra getting killed: Well, I’m not scared of being blackmailed or hacked anymore.

When Asena witnesses her friendly Reaper being killed: I hope you learn the lesson after the Venice Incident.

When Asena witnesses Soldier: 76’s elimination: Nice job, Jack.

When Asena witnesses Soldier: 76 being eliminated: Jack, no!

Map-Specific Quotes

• One of the phantom pains occured before Tracer’s eyes. We must never forget him and his works for a better future. (King’s Row)
  • Time to find some good tea with scones. (King’s Row #2)
  • I wish I could have an opportunity to visit here, because I love macaroni-based meals. (Rialto)
  • Oh, my beautiful Venice. What happened to you at “that night”? (Rialto #2)
  • Blackwatch team should never have allowed Reyes’ reckless choice. (Rialto #3)
  • It reminded me of Chernobyl Nuclear Accident in 26th April 1986. This place is no different than that “ghost city”. (Junkertown)
  • Thousands of souls… extinguished by the explosion of an Omnic Core. (Junkertown #2)
  • I will never forget this place… for those who died in there. (Junkertown #3)
  • Tracer menitoned me about her fight against Doomfist. This must be the place. (Numbani)
  • This cold place… reminds me of the times when I was fighting in Ağrı. (Volskaya Industries)
  • Before joining the military, I used to listen to D.Va’s interviews in Korean. I wonder what she’s doing right now. (Busan)
  • I heard about Gwishin’s attack at that night in this city. Gamsa, D.Va. You are the proud of South Korea. (Busan #2)
  • My mission will be starting right now. But before that, I can have some fun with video games and Japanese desserts. (Hanamura #1)
  • Okay, I finished my time with video games and meals. Time to get into the position. (Hanamura #2)
  • Paris… This is where Amelié took her husband’s life in sleep. (Paris #1)
  • Widowmaker should have been dead… but right here, in this city. (Paris #2)
  • Havana… the best of Cuba. (Havana #1)
  • I wonder why Overwatch team went after Maximillen. (Havana #2)

Epic and Lenegdary Voice Lines

• Bring it on! (Epic)
  • Well done, team! (Epic #2)
  • Death comes with us! (Epic #3)
  • 30 lives of my soldiers! (Legendary #1)
  • I order you… not to attack, but to die! (Legendary #2)
  • FOR MY ANCESTORS! (Legendary #3)

Extra Voices

• Hacker detected! Be careful or be hacked! (When enemy Sombra is detected.)
  • No, this can’t be! (When being hacked by enemy Sombra)
  • Ahhh, why? (being marked by enemy Zenyatta’s Orb of Discord)
  • I uhm… have possibly miscalculated my coordinates for the air strike. (Sorry voice line)
  • I love this plan. (Agreement)
  • No, it can’t be useful. (Disagreement)
  • My new year resolution… bring antique but hardcore tactics back to life. (New Year Resolution)

Unlockable Voice Lines

• They shall go away the way they come.
  • Who dares to oppose me, shall have to face me.
  • Believe in your faith, fight with your inner faith.
  • Let our legends come back to life.
  • Our ancestors think about our future.

Extras

• Her friendly elimination quote, “You are dead. Not a big surprise” is a reference to the quote used by Heavy in Team Fortress 2.
  • In Asena’s interaction with Widowmaker, she mentions “heaven outside of her [Widowmaker]”, indirectly referencing to the “Outer Heaven” in Metal Gear Saga.
  • While interacting with Tracer, Asena mentions about “phantom pain”. It’s a reference to the Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and game’s main subject, “phantom pain”. Though it’s meant for the physical event, some phantom pains are emotional. Best example is Tracer for being unable to save Mondatta.
  • Her respawn quote, “Kept you waiting, huh?”, is the famous catchphrase that Solid Snake said in Metal Gear Saga.
  • Asena’s map specific quote in Junkertown, which starts with “Thousands of souls…”, has a slight resemblance to Yuri’s flashback quote in “Blood Brothers” of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Another one is based on a real event that occured in 1980s, nuclear accident at the Chernobyl Nuclear Plant in Northern Ukraine SSR.
  • The fighter plane’s name when using ult, Red Falcon, is a reference to Contra’s nemesis “Red Falcon”. Another resemblance for her epic voice line, “30 lives of my soldiers”, is the nod to the Konami Code that contains 30 lives in Contra.
  • Her Nano-boosted voice line, “I’m BAAAACCKKK!!!”, is a quote in Independence Day movie said by Russell before doing kamikaze attack against alien ship.
2 Likes

gonna stop you right there

and

this doesn’t happen… a female fighter… from a muslim country…

except for the Kurds… this is a mathematical impossibility

Well there are a few female soldiers in Turkish Armed Forces. And I wanted to make some difference. Ever since the forums talked about the ideas for Turkish hero, I decided to make one.

a drop of orange juice in a sea of water does not make the sea orange juice

if you want to make a character make it representative of the nation they hail from otherwise its just an attempt to shoehorn more “Diversity” and waifu bait into an already over bloated SJW cringe fest of “diversity”

im not saying its not a good idea, and well thought out… its just I think everyone has had enough of PC culture… and this slots neatly into that catigory

I have no interest in SJW at all. Because I never attempted to do it.

I understand what you’re saying, though. Everyone is sick of PC culture.

At least she’s not a Mary Sue type or stereotypical Turkish character, right?

very true, as ive said I like the idea, and its well thought out… but it doesn’t fit what I would typically think of when I think “Turkish” hero if anything she sounds more “Norwegian shieldmaiden” type personality

I mean think of all the OW heros… Roadhog is a Polynesian… Extremely big and strong, maori warrior… Soldier 76 Good ol’ American farm boy turned Patriotic soldier… where they are from has an impact on their personality… and yes you may say well its just the stereotype dial turned up to 11… but that is OW… its what makes its characters endearing because they are the embodiment of all of the fun and quirky aspects of their culture

Hmm… Norwegian Shieldmaiden personality. I didn’t realize it. But, I didn’t want to make a stereotypical Turkish character and his/her abilities, except her second ability called “Bayonet”. Because back in WW1, the Ottoman soldiers, and the major armies of Entente and Central Powers, are known for charging with bayonets. Specifically, they bayonet charged in the Battle of Gallipoli.

Before I forgot to tell, I wanna take a permission to share a link for her appearance that a friend of mine did on dA. Would you like to take a look?

I understand your not wanting to do the “stereotype thing”… and in any other game I would say its a good thing… but OW heros are just big sterotypes… all be it positive ones… its just what gives the game its charm…

and sure I will take a look

Hmm, positive stereotypes in OW…

Okay, here it comes: https://www.deviantart.com/cyborg-samurai/art/Asena-Overwatch-767218242

see man… she looks amazing… but not “Turkish”… and I know I know… there is more than the stereotypical “turk” in turkey… but think about it…

would junkrat be junkrat if he looked like your standard white guy in a slightly torn vest shirt with a beer stain on it and pink sunburnt skin? <— typical austrailian… of course not… junkrat is junkrat because he looks like an insane pyromainiac with a fetish for things that go boom

its just the way the game is bro… your character is very good, and very well thought through… but the way she sounds and looks… In my minds eye I see her from Norway or finland… both in looks and personality… not from turkey

Can you people who come up with these silly self created heroes FOR ONCE in your life not come up with something that involves CC?! Like seriously, every homebrewn character you people come up with always has a stun, knockback and some other dumb CC.

1 Like

You’re right. OW works with positive stereotypes. But the problem is… that everyone doesn’t like stereotypes. They go crazy and rage over stereotypes.

When I read articles about the idea for Turkish hero, I felt ashamed so much. Like flying carpet, men with big belly, and hot dishes like kebab as ability… And not one of them is welcomed by Turkish users. Because they say “We don’t [insert verb here] like that”.

I know man, but babies gonna rage… and its part of the “outrage and PC culture”… in where anything that sets people out appart from others and makes them unique is “BAD!” and anything mundane and completely flavourless is “GOOD!”…

that’s why people are fed up with it… and I agree the flying carpet and big belly throwing kebabs… that’s a negative stereotype…

as for a positive stereotype for Turkish people… how about a throwback to the old world… turkey was part of the Persian empire was it not? and at the time they were masters of science and technology… mix that with a little mysticism and the fire of “Allah”? that’s a recipe for an endearing hero with a nod to the positives of Turkish culture leading back centurys

Hmm hmm… It was part of the Persian Empire at the ancient times. Yes, they were known for mastering science and technology. Speaking of “Allah’s Fire”, it could be used as ultimate, isn’t it?

Or a Sipahi-based hero with a portable cannon based on Şahi Cannons (the giant artillery that Mehmet the Conqueror built and used to reduce the defence walls in Constantinople to rubble). Unlike Zarya’s particle cannon, his portable cannon takes higher damage and his ult could be “Allah’s Fire”. When activated, his firing type turns into a flamethrower. Sounds good?

now that’s a “Turkish” hero…

visualy im thinking a tall well build/athletic man, with short dusty brown hair and vibrant light green eyes

Like this one ?: https://www.deviantart.com/cyborg-samurai/art/Overwatch-Sultan-717973793

Similar, less tony stark and more dr.strange in build and facial features

Ohh, the Marvel hero. That would be interesting.

Yup and a mass area denial DPS hero with that kind of personality and background, I would main in a heart beat

This would be nice. Why didn’t I think of that before? Anyway, it’s so nice to talk with you. At least, I’m not like “oversensitive random person” in any forums. As for his name, I think he would be called “Lone Fighter”. Or how about uhm… “The Walking Fire”?