Overwatch 2 Log-in loop. We need help fixing this (Blizzard, please look into this ASAP!)

Hey, everyone I tried some of the suggestions above with the new accounts and numbers.

(Credit to: Metzy, Hajduk,JustOne)

I tested putting in a new number into my main account (@ruizuferprire method), and the problem still persists with no results. Only when making a new account and using the new number with that account I was able to log in on that separate account.

However, this is not ideal for many of us here, I do not wish to start on a fresh account, and believe this solution is only beneficial to people who are brand new to the game and experienced this joke of a bug or those who are desperate to play with friends. This method will make everything you worked for gone and you will not have any progress.

This is also not ideal because not everyone has access to a backup phone number or a phone number they can borrow, and this also makes people who PAID for their game obsolete because I am unsure you can transfer the battle pass to a new account.

After trying a new account and new number, I switched back to my Original account and still cannot log in, so blizzard for real needs to fix it, because our accounts are soft locked

I’m unsure if this temporary workaround works for everyone, the few who have tried have replied with success, but as I said before, this is a more serious issue than just logging into another account, people are losing money and a lot of hours if our main ACC is locked

I will update the first post for those who just want to play and don’t care about older accounts.

12 Likes

I love how their updates are being done after a lot of people are ready to get into the game cause there day job is done, or they are out of class now. They try to log in and still seeing the issue or find out that the maintenance is scheduled for when we start to or head to bed to start over again. Ugh never failed all the blizzard games have had this issue.

I was able to fix this by making a whole new account with a completely new number. Shouldn’t ever have to do that

Have the exact same issue.

Still have the same issue, c’mon, it’s been 3 days already

1 Like

I am surprised that this is still an issue after how many days? I understand that blizzard are having many issues but this seems to be happening to a lot of people now, so shouldnt this be a priority after they fixed the servers? I had to created a new account just so I play with my friends, but not being able to level up on my main account when I have spent money on the game is just a massive issue.

1 Like

I had same issue. But after change settings in battle.net account using site, issue gone.
I did change in privacy settings (languange and communication). SMS - on and other off.

1 Like

change settings to what?

What settings did u change

what settings needed to be change?

I think he is talking about the SMS Account alerts, in the Privacy & communication section of your blizzard account. AKA, this site.

I tried it, but it didn’t work.

Still no fix after the last maintenance :roll_eyes:

I’ve been waiting so damn long to play.

I have been waiting till day 1. Each time i try to play the game, i get a bug/server disconnect/failed to connect. Now its the login loop. Bro, i just want to play, and i never played overwatch before.

3 Likes

THE LOOP CONTINUES!!! omfg

2 Likes

Till this day I am on my brothers account playing ow 2 and getting him to tier 20 and not on my own account grinding. Gotta love this she it.

Still can’t login after another maintenance rip

ok so i’ve been having the same login loop, as some user posted here before i tried going to battle.net privacy & communications → communication preferences —> enable sms account alerts. this immediatly fixed the issue for me and i was able to login.

1 Like

lucky you, it doesnt worked 4 me xd as all 50 other fixes…

i’ve tried to change password and reset my telephone number aswell before i attempted this enable sms account alerts, have u tried that?

still cant login even after another update … i put in my details and it says connecting for a few seconds but then it just goes back to the login menu

2 Likes